It was posted on jsmineset recently that MA has said that gold will either take off 19th April or Middle of June. Will try to find the link. 19th April seems currently to be a change in direction at the moment.

Martin Armstrong said in the article "We are not alone" where he writes "April 2009 is shaping up to be rather imortant. If gold were to decline into an April low, things could get very interesting thereafter.There apears to be a possibility that we will simply collapse and get this over with pretty fast."

In another article called "Destroying capital formation", at the very end of the article he writes "The dollar does not yet appear in danger of a collapse just yet. The event horizon is shortening. Nonetheless, the serious problems may start to emerge after the summer of 2009. This is the true catalyst that will be behind the gold rally-not inflation, but currency destabilization. We need to pay close attention to maturity of holdings of China-the last source for excessive cash.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

OK I know you guys will like this...

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1d23f80c-30aa-11...144feabdc0.html

Published: April 24 2009 09:31

China revealed on Friday that it built up its gold reserves by three quarters since 2003, making it the world’s fifth largest holder of bullion.

The move comes as European central banks continue to sell their gold and the International Monetary Fund has discussed selling some of its bullion reserves

“This is probably the most significant central bank announcement since the Central Bank of Russia announced at the LBMA gold conference in Johannesburg in 2005 that it wanted to hold 10 per cent of its foreign exchange reserves in gold,” said John Reade of UBS.

-----------------

Incidentally at least one person at the FT looks at ://www.financialsense.com as this article on their website demonstates

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/6c43927c-2456-11...00779fd2ac.html

OK I know you guys will like this...

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1d23f80c-30aa-11...144feabdc0.html

Published: April 24 2009 09:31

China revealed on Friday that it built up its gold reserves by three quarters since 2003, making it the world’s fifth largest holder of bullion.

The move comes as European central banks continue to sell their gold and the International Monetary Fund has discussed selling some of its bullion reserves

“This is probably the most significant central bank announcement since the Central Bank of Russia announced at the LBMA gold conference in Johannesburg in 2005 that it wanted to hold 10 per cent of its foreign exchange reserves in gold,” said John Reade of UBS.

-----------------

Incidentally at least one person at the FT looks at ://www.financialsense.com as this article on their website demonstates

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/6c43927c-2456-11...00779fd2ac.html

Personally, I rather liked this one

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1faa7410-0d97-11...00779fd2ac.html

UBS bullish on gold price nearing $2,500

March 10 2009 19:25

Gold could surge to $2,500 a troy ounce in the next five years because the prospects of either deflation or inflation were “becoming more extreme”, UBS said on Tuesday. The Swiss bank told investors to overweight gold in their portfolios.

Anyone who thinks that the Chinese only hold 1,000 tonnes by now should better take his medicine. :lol:

http://www.financialpost.com/story.html?id=1530063

China is the world's largest gold producer and does not permit exports of gold ingots, only jewellery, leaving plentiful supplies for the domestic market.

Hou Huimin, vice general secretary of the China Gold Association, said China should build its reserves to 5,000 tonnes.

"It's not a matter of a few hundred, or 1,000 tonnes. China should hold more because of its new international status, and because of the financial crisis," he said.

"The financial crisis means the U.S. dollar value is changing fast, and it may retreat from being the international reserve currency. If that happens, whoever holds gold will be at an advantage."

Like astute investors, the Chinese are diversifying their reserves.

Fifth-Biggest

China added 454 tons to its gold reserves through domestic purchases and refining scrap, Xinhua said. It now has the fifth- largest stockpile by country, behind Italy’s 2,451.8 tons, according to data from the producer-funded World Gold Council. The Asian nation’s gold association said in November that China should increase its holding to diversify its reserves.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=new...id=a6cmtYYnaYiE

I reckon they have got at least 5000 tonnes by now, probable more like 7000 tonnes. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if they have the world's biggest gold reserve as of now. Who wants to bet on how much the Americans have in Fort Knox? 500 tonnes? :lol:

I reckon they have got at least 5000 tonnes by now, probable more like 7000 tonnes. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if they have the world's biggest gold reserve as of now. Who wants to bet on how much the Americans have in Fort Knox? 500 tonnes? :lol:

I fully agree.

I received the Gold pandas that were on special offer last Saturday at CID along with some silver phillithingys for the pension pot. I would have bought 6 if I could remmeber the wifes account details so as to double the limit. Paid on monday by bank transfer and recieved on friday from Germany. Very efficient service IMO. Panda coins cute and nicely made like the ounce silver coins I have. I might have to buy some ounce gold ones. Sorry to bore you with such trivial drivel but I been on the wine again :rolleyes: I think its back to the grind for some more paper crap in case we get a good buying opertunity in the summer. If Gold makes another peak in the next four weeks Im going to sell up some and stay in cash for the summer blues ready for the autumn winter spring blast off. Things working out well so far gold clearly up and houses clearly down and Im confident of more of the same in the next few years. Thanks guys. :)

Anyone who thinks that the Chinese only hold 1,000 tonnes by now should better take his medicine. :lol:

http://www.financialpost.com/story.html?id=1530063

The 1st hour of FSN is worth a listen this week. Jeffrey Christian says that over the last 6 years the chinese government has been buying 14 millions ounces of gold which they haven't added to the monetary reserves, which they have now transfered to it. So the listed gold reserves of china will increase from the 19.3 million ounces to 33.9 million ounces.

http://www.netcastdaily.com/broadcast/fsn2009-0425-1.mp3

IMF GOLD SALE A MASTERSTROKE FOR CHINA, INDIA

IMF Gold sale is a masterstroke from India, China

2009-04-21 10:05:00

It further says that this is a stroke of genius for India, and especially for China. “In our opinion, this action once again demonstrates that the leadership of India and China are more intelligent and more forward thinking than other major countries, and that they are manipulating the world players to accomplish several of their goals simultaneously.”

HERE IS WHAT THE GUILD SUMMARISED ON WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE ON THE SURFACE VERSUS WHAT IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING

1) APPEARANCE----It appears to be negative for gold prices.

ACTUALITY----Longer term, it is actually very bullish for gold prices. The actual outcome will be that most of this gold will never hit the market, especially if retail sellers panic and the price of the metal falls in the short term. Some central banks, primarily China's, have plenty of liquid reserves, and are willing buyers of gold, and they will be thrilled to get it so cheaply. ;) - Already have

2) APPEARANCE----It appears to be positive for the IMF, in that it helps to accomplish their goal of loaning to the incompetent and bankrupt countries that approach them for loans, after all other sources of financing have turned the countries down.

ACTUALITY----It is true that the cash from the gold sales would solve that problem in the short run, but in the long run, these same countries will likely make the same mistake again. This is largely because their political organizations are focused on helping the political and business oligarchs who run the countries, and ignoring the best interests of the electorate. These countries will probably return to a much less capitalized IMF for more money later.

3) APPEARANCE-----It appears to be a selfless gesture on the part of China and India.

ACTUALITY----Both India and China would be buyers of the IMF's gold were it sold at reasonable prices. I imagine that China will be by far the biggest buyer of the gold, along with Russia and Saudi Arabia. Increasing their gold reserves (in exchange for the dollars in their reserves) would strengthen the value of their currencies. We anticipate that once China owns enough gold, they will partially back their currency with gold, making them the world economic and financial leader, and removing the U.S. from its position of economic power. The effect of these maneuvers will go a long way to setting THE CHINESE YUAN UP TO REPLACE THE U.S. DOLLAR AS THE WORLD RESERVE CURRENCY.

4) APPEARANCE----It helps all countries who would have to make contributions to the IMF to fund the loans that the IMF makes to indigent countries, many of which are never repaid.

ACTUALITY----This is true. However, it helps China and India more because their responsibility for financing the IMF grows as they become powerful financially.It is a method to get the IMF to self finance in the short run and save China and India money.

Jims adding allot of weight to Martin Armstrongs veiws.

Dear CIGAs,

Please read and act:

Martin Armstrong is looking quite good with his insistence that April 19th would figure extremely high on the calendar of the gold community. June is the next important period. His chart of market sentiment gave you the equity rally spot on for both sides.

I point out to you talent, now you need to download his entire library and study it.

All of our incarcerated genius - Armstrong:

http://www.scribd.com/people/documents/6120543/folder/82090

Use Martin Armstrong for TIMING and Alf for PRICE as I stand on the wall regardless of what is incoming to be your WATCHMAN.

All of this requests nothing from you but a bit of respect.

Looks like a cup with handle formation forming in the US gold charts and the 19th April is a turning point at the base of the handle. If this is the case then gold will breakout above $1000. Seems more likely to happen after the summer though. I do like the rocket pictures and cgnao postings!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cup_and_handle

Check out the references at the end of the article for a detailed look at the cup with handle formation.

Looks like a cup with handle formation forming in the US gold charts and the 19th April is a turning point at the base of the handle. If this is the case then gold will breakout above $1000. Seems more likely to happen after the summer though. I do like the rocket pictures and cgnao postings!

Where is cg posting???

I did put up this cup-and-handle plot a while back (had to delete due to space limits on the forum)

post-1702-1240700159_thumb.jpg

Where is cg posting???

I did put up this cup-and-handle plot a while back (had to delete due to space limits on the forum)

I think its worth the reminder as it looks like you are right.

Im hoping that a move up in gold will encourage cgnao to come out of hiding and post some rocket pictures. Do you think its looking cup and handle? The info says that a shallow base to the cup is more bullish than a V which is what we have. If gold gets above $1000 it will signal a breakout and perhaps investors will pile in :) Or perhaps they will pile out again :( The right side of the cup is a guide as to how big the break out will be which would take us above $1200.

I think its worth the reminder as it looks like you are right.

Im hoping that a move up in gold will encourage cgnao to come out of hiding and post some rocket pictures. Do you think its looking cup and handle? The info says that a shallow base to the cup is more bullish than a V which is what we have. If gold gets above $1000 it will signal a breakout and perhaps investors will pile in :) Or perhaps they will pile out again :( The right side of the cup is a guide as to how big the break out will be which would take us above $1200.

The point of the cup/handle is (as I see it) that the brim of the cup acts as a sell-off point and resistance for the large volume of buyers who bought at the first peak and held on through the trough. Once these weak longs are removed (glad to get their fiat back!) then the stonger buyers can move in, surpassing the old highs.

was cg = eddie george??? :(

I hope they (the Chinese) have taken delivery! :lol:

I hope they (the Chinese) have taken delivery! :lol:

Given the conditions that a lot of people in that country live in their government should be investing in health care and education not shiny yellow metal. Once the west stops buying those peasants will need to become a market.

Evening all,

I've come into a little ££ and want to put it into coinage for certain specific reasons (including that I don't have any, but for other reasons too).

As far as I can tell, Britannias will cost me about £6-8 more per Oz coin. I deem this worth paying for various reasons. Do others agree? (if you are UK-based and one day might have to pay CGT).

As far as I can tell, the 'guide to buying coins' threads and others suggest there are four decent dealers: ATS, Bairds, CID and Chards (Tax-Free Gold)

CID don't stock Britannias. ATS don't quote prices on the internet. Anyone got preferences between Bairds and Chards? Chards seem a lot more expensive (£700+ for Britannias) than Bairds. Any ideas how ATS compare price-wise? Anyone had bad experiences with either/any?

I would put this on the buying coins thread but I suspect it won't get many views.

Thanks

Wanderer

Evening all,

I've come into a little ££ and want to put it into coinage for certain specific reasons (including that I don't have any, but for other reasons too).

As far as I can tell, Britannias will cost me about £6-8 more per Oz coin. I deem this worth paying for various reasons. Do others agree? (if you are UK-based and one day might have to pay CGT).

As far as I can tell, the 'guide to buying coins' threads and others suggest there are four decent dealers: ATS, Bairds, CID and Chards (Tax-Free Gold)

CID don't stock Britannias. ATS don't quote prices on the internet. Anyone got preferences between Bairds and Chards? Chards seem a lot more expensive (£700+ for Britannias) than Bairds. Any ideas how ATS compare price-wise? Anyone had bad experiences with either/any?

I would put this on the buying coins thread but I suspect it won't get many views.

Thanks

Wanderer

You could try emailing Sonia at CID as sometimes they have some coins that are not listed on the website. I think someone here, Chris? said that they were due a delivery of brittanias this month. Consider Sovereigns too? gram for gram they are often cheaper than ounce coins. I compared prices between ATS and Chards and ATS were cheaper at the time. Its worth shopping round as they change their policy according to market conditions. CID used to be allot cheaper.

You could try emailing Sonia at CID as sometimes they have some coins that are not listed on the website. I think someone here, Chris? said that they were due a delivery of brittanias this month. Consider Sovereigns too? gram for gram they are often cheaper than ounce coins. I compared prices between ATS and Chards and ATS were cheaper at the time. Its worth shopping round as they change their policy according to market conditions. CID used to be allot cheaper.

I would mostly buy Sovereigns if I was buying gold ATM.

From a service perspective I like Richard at Weighton Coin Wonders, nice honest knowledgable bloke. He has some Brits in @£719 and you can negotiate with him if you buy in volume. I only buy Britannias apart from the odd coin out of curiosity. If gold goes to the moon as expected, CGT will be an issue.

http://weightoncoin.com/coins/index.php?ma...roducts_id=1412

Evening all,

Thanks

Wanderer

From a service perspective I like Richard at Weighton Coin Wonders, nice honest knowledgable bloke. He has some Brits in @£719 and you can negotiate with him if you buy in volume. I only buy Britannias apart from the odd coin out of curiosity. If gold goes to the moon as expected, CGT will be an issue.

http://weightoncoin.com/coins/index.php?ma...roducts_id=1412

the website is quite awful though! I did eventually manager to order something from them though