Climate Conundrum…Warm or Cold??

I'm not sure what to make of this article.

by David Petch, TreasureChests.info | June 5, 2008

http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/editoria.../2008/0605.html

I am sceptical of man-made global warming - certainly to the extent of the problem claimed by the IPCC.

And I have read about the potential of a coming cooling period.

This articles predicts:

So, what happens, global warming or global cooling? I think the next 10-15 years are going to witness global cooling, which will later see a reversion to global warming from 2025, lasting up to 10-20 years. By 2025 the amount of CO2 put into the atmosphere on a yearly basis will be reduced by 60-80%, so the item of focus beyond 2050 is a reversion to an ice age.

I think it would at least be ironic if after all the fuss about global warming, the really big problem was actually a global cooling.

The thing is, a cooler planet does make food production more difficult.

So do we as this article suggests face:

1. Peak oil

2. Peak food

3. A coming ice age !!!!

Now wouldn't that just be the perfect storm.

I'm not sure what to make of this article.

by David Petch, TreasureChests.info | June 5, 2008

http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/editoria.../2008/0605.html

I am sceptical of man-made global warming - certainly to the extent of the problem claimed by the IPCC......

The IPCC assume rates of fossil fuel production that are unconnected to any realistic assessment of actual resources, even for coal. It has been repeatedly informed of this by ASPO and Jay Hanson, and it has with typical academic snootiness ignored them. The IPCC is just another self-appointed clique of arrogant academics who think they know better than reality.

That said, climate change is just so enormously large a subject, based on tiny differences across great areas and spans of time.... just to have a hope of getting your mind around it would take years of study. I have seen a site showing much less link between CO2 and temperature change than the IPCC claim, with CO2 levels up to 7,000 ppb in the distant past without temperatures being much higher than today.

Archived