Jim Sinclair thread (News & Views)

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A pity, really, for this thead to descend into unpleasantness.

Agreed. There is no need for more immature photos. No one gave you grief over the astrology stuff, but could have ridiculed it and you to high heaven should they have been motivated to 'score' points.

A pity, really, for this thead to descend into unpleasantness.

Lighten up.

The move from CIGA to cigars, is not farrrrr.

Where's the unpleasantness in that?

Shall I ban thee for a lack of a sense of humor?

I would be amazed if GF minded in the slightest

...No one gave you grief over the astrology stuff, but could have ridiculed it and you to high heaven should they have been motivated to 'score' points.

What threads were you reading?

I got enormous ridicule and "attitude" from folks on HPC and a few here, despite the fact that some

scientific studies have show "significant correlations" on some astrological indicators, which the mud-slingers

ignore.

I think my little photos, show more grace and humor than I was shown. Whether you agree or not,

I shall continue. A little mild exaggeration and use of photos, will not hurt JS or his followers.

Perhaps "FOPPs" is too mild, and I should be speaking of the CHURCH of JS, if people are so very

super-sensitive about him.

Agreed. There is no need for more immature photos. No one gave you grief over the astrology stuff, but could have ridiculed it and you to high heaven should they have been motivated to 'score' points.

And there is the same nonsense by Dr Bubb over on HPC, how can one take somebody seriously when they are posting such stuff constantly. Why is Dr Bubb so fixated on Jim Sinclair?

Listen to the old Commodity Watch radio podcasts with Dr Bubb and they are real delight to listen to, but since the Summer with that astrology stuff and now all these Pied Piper postings, I despair.

Lighten up.

The move from CIGA to cigars, is not farrrrr.

Where's the unpleasantness in that?

Shall I ban thee for a lack of a sense of humor?

I would be amazed if GF minded in the slightest

What threads were you reading?

I got enormous ridicule and "attitude" from folks on HPC and a few here, despite the fact that some

scientific studies have show "significant correlations" on some astrological indicators, which the mud-slingers

ignore.

I think my little photos, show more grace and humor than I was shown. Whether you agree or not,

I shall continue. A little mild exaggeration and use of photos, will not hurt JS or his followers.

Perhaps "FOPPs" is too mild, and I should be speaking of the CHURCH of JS, if people are so very

super-sensitive about him.

Fair enough. It's your site and you can do as you want. I certainly don't want to waste time on drivel when there are far more important things to be worrying about. I know you have taken a lot of unnecesary stick and I was always against that and still am. But I just don't think you should rise to the bait. You are much better at other things worthy of serious respect IMO and am disappointed when you give others the opportuity to turn the tables on you. Good Leonard Cohen lyric there somehere but I cant just bring it to mind. Something like 'I let the enemy turn me around'.

I have also spoken ill of some aspects of 'fundamentalist statements' JS but I also see the good. I think you would be wise not to throw the baby out with the bathwater. See the good and bad in everything and everyone is good karma...though I lost it once or twice with AAK. So nobody is perfect!

On astrology/Pesavanto stuff you basically told Steve to butt out. As to how he felt one can only wonder and be thankful he came back without a word. Class, IMO. Other threads maybe I didn't catch them all so I can't comment. Astrological charting might be the way forward for all I know. It hasn't done Pesavento much harm. I am willing to listen and learn a bit, at least show an open mind. Perhaps JS should be given the same slack.

This PP namecalling is astonishing really and terribly derog. This is the guy who called it perfect and had method, took profits and is now back in the ring giving basically advice for free to those who want to listen. I certainly don't see him as the PP. And nor do you really. You just were using it to get your own back on Pixel or GOM or whoever. Why not give it a break? I wouldn't like to see GF leave though the implication is that the followers of the PP are all mesmerized/thick as...and therefore it is rather insulting. Having said that egg on your face shots are pretty peurile too IMO and some posters have a way of winding up others very well. I didn't disagree with a lot of what they said but the way some said things (fitkid and Schlaublin say) was asking for a verbal punch up.

Well I'm not going to comment more on these threads about he said she said and so forth. But just we should all be careful and be courteous to each other. That had been a great strength of this site IMO. Lets hope we get it back.

This PP namecalling is astonishing really and terribly derog. This is the guy who called it perfect and had method, took profits and is now back in the ring giving basically advice for free to those who want to listen. I certainly don't see him as the PP. And nor do you really. You just were using it to get your own back on Pixel or GOM or whoever. Why not give it a break? I wouldn't like to see GF leave though the implication is that the followers of the PP are all mesmerized/thick as...and therefore it is rather insulting. Having said that egg on your face shots are pretty peurile too IMO and some posters have a way of winding up others very well. I didn't disagree with a lot of what they said but the way some said things (fitkid and Schlaublin say) was asking for a verbal punch up.

Well I'm not going to comment more on these threads about he said she said and so forth. But just we should all be careful and be courteous to each other. That had been a great strength of this site IMO. Lets hope we get it back.

No one has "called it perfectly" except in stretches.

And I although I do not read his website often, I have heard several interviews with him, and he is held in high esteem

by many - more than he deserves IMHO.

Why do I say that: (repeating some of what I have said before):

+ He has shown a willingness to deceive people about how much money he is putting into his company, TanRange: telling everyone he was putting fresh money into the company, while he was quietly selling at the same time. (I hasten to add then I do not accuse him of doing anything illegal - just practicing a misleading bit of spin, which looks like a dark gray area in terms of ethics.)

+ He has accused Chase and others of behaviors that I believe to be false, or at least looked false when I was well positioned to know. He may or may not be right today, but at the time when he made some accusations several years ago, I could see very clear evidence that his accusations were not correct. (As far as I know, no one who had the same access that i had then has ever taken him up on this, But those that did know privately ridiculed him and the GATA people. I am the only one who has been willing to post THE FACTS as I see them in a public forum, and have taken rather constant abuse for simply telling the truth.)

True believers, FOPPs, and CIGAs seem to have little interest in hearing facts, unless they are in line with the conspiracy theories that are commonly espoused on the JS site and on GATA.

I dont understand why people are so respectful towards him, when they are so willing to throw mud at Prechter, and Pesevento, who are both people I have met, and for whom I hold a certain respect. Perhaps, if JS were treated as less than a paragon here, then I would be driven to defend him, rather than trying to take him off a pedestal (that to my lights, looks undeserved.)

Despite my comments and feelings on this, I shall try to restrain myself from posting my images on the Main board, and I shall try to limit them to the Fringe area.

BTW, I want to transfer this thread to Fringe, and even did so a day or so ago, for a few minutes. Then I reconsidered when I saw it was started by GF. I restored it to Main, after that. I would still like to move it, but will not do so without GF's permission.

BTW, I want to transfer this thread to Fringe, and even did so a day or so ago, for a few minutes. Then I reconsidered when I saw it was started by GF. I restored it to Main, after that. I would still like to move it, but will not do so without GF's permission.

I don't really think that this thread is fringe. JSMineset has good comments and food for thought.

It's indicative of GEI now.

I used to hold Dr Bubb with high regards, but sadly now I can't say the same.

I did not roll on the floor laughing, but I do not mind a few images of pipers and cigars on these threads

Plenty of people here have been called worse things than a Pied Piper.

Does Sinclair ramp his company on his JSminesite ?

No one has "called it perfectly" except in stretches.

I would say Sinclair has been as near to perfect as is possible. $1650 by 2011 is his core prediction. Sinclair's 'stretch' was from 2000-2011+ (as is mine). I'm not interested in months or even a year. I deal in 5yr plus timescales.

Anyone fancy that bet?

I just realize: DrBubb obviously didn't take up Sinclair's $1,000,000 wager.

My latest action in the Gold market, was to Buy some GLD-$90 Calls at near $24.00.

I had previously sold GLD-$110 Calls, and so was (in a way) short in the same way as if I had taken Sinclair's bet.

The purchase of the $90 Calls, has locked in a likely profit on the trade.

If I took the bet with Sinclair, i would use $1mn, to buy calls. The problem is:

Will he be able to pay, if he is wrong? Because I would have my $1mn invested,

and if Gold fell, and the Calls were worthless, I would have a dead loss.

My latest action in the Gold market, was to Buy some GLD-$90 Calls at near $24.00.

I had previously sold GLD-$110 Calls, and so was (in a way) short in the same way as if I had taken Sinclair's bet.

The purchase of the $90 Calls, has locked in a likely profit on the trade.

If I took the bet with Sinclair, i would use $1mn, to buy calls. The problem is:

Will he be able to pay, if he is wrong? Because I would have my $1mn invested,

and if Gold fell, and the Calls were worthless, I would have a dead loss.

He turned an offer for a wager down, because it was an OTC derivative. His condition as far as I know was that the million would have to be on an account under management of the attorney overseeing it (or so), i.e. the taker would have to have the million in cash. In the end, no one took up his bet.

He turned an offer for a wager down, because it was an OTC derivative. His condition as far as I know was that the million would have to be on an account under management of the attorney overseeing it (or so), i.e. the taker would have to have the million in cash. In the end, no one took up his bet.

If it were $100,000, then I would take it up, but under my own conditions

Just a bit about Sinclair's Gold certificate ratio theory/prediction:

I have informed you many times that there is going to be a revitalized and modernized reinstatement of the Federal Reserve gold certificate ratio. This monetary tool has been reviewed many times on www.JSminset.com. Go to "search" there to review.

The revitalized and modernized Federal Reserve gold certificate ratio will be tied to a reintroduction of M3. It will not be tied as in the pre-Bretton Woods Agreement. The Treasury Department will have nothing whatsoever to do, as the open market will do it for the department.

Now I can state with total conviction that when the Federal Reserve gold certificate ratio is reintroduced, gold will trade $100 above and below this index gold price for many years to come. I anticipate this at gold $1,650.

So fear of a 1980 gold experience on the downside is no longer valid. I have told you that those you identify as gold's enemies are indeed gold's best friends. As always, those close to power are going to make more on gold than the disbelievers in the gold community ever will.

With the introduction of the revitalized Federal Reserve gold certificate ratio and currency bands, gold will be supported by a peg and the euro will not. When this unfolds in front of all the meatheads in the investment world, it will be seen that gold is a better investment than any currency.

Just a bit about Sinclair's Gold certificate ratio theory/prediction:

I have informed you many times that there is going to be a revitalized and modernized reinstatement of the Federal Reserve gold certificate ratio. This monetary tool has been reviewed many times on www.JSminset.com. Go to "search" there to review.

The revitalized and modernized Federal Reserve gold certificate ratio will be tied to a reintroduction of M3. It will not be tied as in the pre-Bretton Woods Agreement. The Treasury Department will have nothing whatsoever to do, as the open market will do it for the department.

Now I can state with total conviction that when the Federal Reserve gold certificate ratio is reintroduced, gold will trade $100 above and below this index gold price for many years to come. I anticipate this at gold $1,650.

So fear of a 1980 gold experience on the downside is no longer valid. I have told you that those you identify as gold's enemies are indeed gold's best friends. As always, those close to power are going to make more on gold than the disbelievers in the gold community ever will.

With the introduction of the revitalized Federal Reserve gold certificate ratio and currency bands, gold will be supported by a peg and the euro will not. When this unfolds in front of all the meatheads in the investment world, it will be seen that gold is a better investment than any currency.

Sinclair shows here a complete lack of any appreciation of the international dimension of the problem. The US will not somehow re-institute a gold-backing for the dollar without some international agreement. I doubt very much that the US will turn from the international arena, and go down the isolationist road... because the last time the US did this it lead in the end to the collapse of international trade, the rise of nationalism, fascism and WW2.

If gold is to be introduced as some monetary/ economic solution it will be done through international institutions such as the IMF. This would see all major currencies stabilized against a new currency.

I was reading romans 'deflation' thread just before and found this, so just for the record

Dr Bubb

'THIS TIME.

In the sort of inflation (& currency collapse) that we are likely to see,

I think that GOLD WILL PROTECT

But I am still holding fire a little longer '

Sure its from June/July but do you still think 'GOLD WILL PROTECT'?

Bubb - Out of interest, what would be your gold price prediction (although it is an imprecise science) for 2011?

To be honest, I prefer not to make a prediction at this time.

As you will here in the forthcoming FBB podcast, I have two area where I expect Gold to bottom:

+ $1000-1100, and

+ $700 - $800

Depending on how it behaves in the first price range (and how gold stocks behave too),

I may become a reasonable aggressive buyer in that range, and not wait to see if we see

the second, lower price range.

I'd rather that the market tell me how Gold is behaving than have a preconceived idea about it.*

I'd take Sinclair's bet because I reckon that I can hedge it, and lock in a nice fat expected profit

== ==

*I suppose you could say I'm a "Chart Bug", rather than a Gold Bug

I've only become aware of JS in the last 6 months.......

But for a person like me who is a buy and hold until the cycle has reached it's final mania stage I quite like his style.

Sure, what it does in between can be gut wrenching...and I'm sure you will get periods of falling gold and a rising USD as we climb the stage 2 wall of worry.

But to a long term investor it shouldn't really bother you.

The fact that JS sold out in 1980 at the very top of that gold bull market using some formula his dad and Jessie Livermore came up with and made $15M ($40M in 2009 dollars) must deserve some respect......not many other people can say they nailed it like that.

If this same formula points to a final peak for gold at $12,000 or so...then what does it matter if it goes from $1,225 back to $1,100, or $1,000....big deal. 10 years from now it will all seem cheap.

I'll certainly keep my eye on the 3 Jims

Jim Rogers

Jim Willie

Jim Sinclair

I'll certainly keep my eye on the 3 Jims

Jim Rogers

Jim Willie

Jim Sinclair

And Jim Nasium?

You might need a trampoline to keep up with the Gold price

depends if you are watching the up and down movements too closely

keep your eye on the long term and you can avoid the sickness

If you are so certain, what do you need to monitor?

...and i was just responding to your humour

And me to yours.

If you fall far enough into a tarp, you can get a nice big rise

If he goes high enough, Mr.Gold might just grab hold of the rafters

Archived