• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A freudian slip I presume? :)

Intentional

TRAP = TARP = Tarpoline

And Jim Nasium?

You might need a trampoline to keep up with the Gold price

Yep, certainly a trampoline at the moment.....but as Richard Russell says.....a bull market will try and take as few people along for the ride as possible.

Now Roubini has come out and said gold is in a bubble....not likely, and another zero to the gold price and I'll start thinking about a bubble.

http://www.kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews...m_Sinclair.html

Here is Eric King with his latest interview with JS.....I know DrBubb will be hanging on every word! ha ha

I've been "piped" !

I listened to it, and JS says he calls the top at $1224.

"The wind will be blowing against us for a while."

(He means: "We will be clawing the sky for a bit."

I think those who "got out of the kitchen" must be happy buying here at a 10% discount.)

He targets $1089... and we are nearly there now: Gold-$1096, having tested $1,090 overnight.

I also show support on my charts at just over GLD-$105, which is nearby: close: GLD-$106.95

I plan to put in a Buy order on GLD calls at near that level. Not huge, but enough to get Net Long again.

I dont understand why people are so respectful towards him, when they are so willing to throw mud at Prechter, and Pesevento, who are both people I have met, and for whom I hold a certain respect. Perhaps, if JS were treated as less than a paragon here, then I would be driven to defend him, rather than trying to take him off a pedestal (that to my lights, looks undeserved.)

I think you have issues!

I plan to put in a Buy order on GLD calls at near that level. Not huge, but enough to get Net Long again.

I haven't had the time yet, but I might buy more soon too (but of course I'll buy the real stuff, and not paper like the good Dr). I might go for silver anyway. It looks quite cheap here. So, see, in the end we do what Sinclair tells us to do anyway: buy on the dips.

GOLD TRADING WORKS (at least sometimes, it does)*

I've been "piped" !

I listened to it, and JS says he calls the top at $1224.

"The wind will be blowing against us for a while."

(He means: "We will be clawing the sky for a bit."

I think those who "got out of the kitchen" must be happy buying here at a 10% discount.)

He targets $1089... and we are nearly there now: Gold-$1096, having tested $1,090 overnight.

I also show support on my charts at just over GLD-$105, which is nearby: close: GLD-$106.95

Just bought: Jan'11.GLD-$90.calls at $21.50

This brings my Bull Spread back "into balance" eliminating the small short position

I made money on that "short", after looking (for a few weeks) ike it could be a loser.

This makes me feel like I have beat the FOPPs, and "leaving the kitchen" for a brief while.

I'm ahead of those who stuck around and rode it up, only to ride it back down again.

Beating JS and the FOPPs feels just fine, and I can now look at easing back in to a more

significant long position as gold falls / if it falls further. "Once you beat them, join them."

(I do feel like some who were very aggressively "on may case" owe an apology.)

== ==

*Just wait, instead of "congratulations", some here will find a way to explain why I was

wrong to think about trading gold at all.

GOLD TRADING WORKS (at least sometimes, it does)*

This brings my Bull Spread back "into balance" eliminating the small short position

I made money on that "short", after looking (for a few weeks) ike it could be a loser.

This makes me feel like I have beat the FOPPs, and "leaving the kitchen" for a brief while.

I'm ahead of those who stuck around and rode it up, only to ride it back down again.

Beating JS and the FOPPs feels just fine, and I can now look at easing back in to a more

significant long position as gold falls / if it falls further. "Once you beat them, join them."

(I do feel like some who were very aggressively "on may case" owe an apology.)

== ==

*Just wait, instead of "congratulations", some here will find a way to explain why I was

wrong to think about trading gold at all.

Oh dear......

Bubb, you really haven't beaten anyone (as far as I'm aware). Certainly not Sinclair or what you term FOPPS.

My position on trading is clear: if you have the skill and the money then there's no problem. Most people don't have the former and end up losing a lot of the latter.

Trading on leverage is for the super-skilled only.

Bubb, you really haven't beaten anyone (as far as I'm aware). Certainly not Sinclair or what you term FOPPS.

My position on trading is clear: if you have the skill and the money then there's no problem. Most people don't have the former and end up losing a lot of the latter.

leverage - for the battle hardened......

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/thomson_...n_s_122209.html

8. The banksters operate in the market with a combination of the Pgen and elite-level professional traders that are so phenomenal they make everyone in the gold community look like trading hacks. There are two exceptions. Jim Sinclair is one of them. I have the other. Those of you who think what Jim does in the market is anything like what you read on his site are very very mistaken. Yes he carries core positions. But what he actually does in the gold market himself during the trading day is light years beyond the comprehension of the average gold investor.

9. I won't live forever. It could end in a manner none of us consider now. So building a team of traders and pgen experts simply makes sense. If the head of Coca Cola dies today, the Coke production doesn't miss a beat.

10. The Gold Neckline play continues. We're drastically oversold by some technical indicators. There is support at 1075. A powerful bounce seems at hand. I bought into yesterday's low with my pgens. Is there any difference between buying a fall to 1095 and one to 1075 for us "pgenners?"

11. Not really. If you are a leveraged maniac trying to call the turn I guess those 20 dollars an ounce are critical. Unless you are a trading master, I wouldn't bet money on your success in nailing it. And I would suspect that those who get it have a whole closet of gold market skeletons that are not actually gold, but red.

I see no reason not to declare "a victory", and it will be a bigger one if after covering my shorts at a profit,

I wait and see a lower low before I build a more significant long position. I don't claim "to get it right every time"

as a trader, but waiting out the rally from early Nov. post India's gold buy, and selling into that action, has proven

to be a smart move.

We have closed under the 50mda which points towards a test of the 200mda, no?

No point in maintaining a short with this chart ... update

xxxm.gif

If today's low is broken, next stop may be GLD-$100.

We may see that, perhaps after a rally to GLD-$112 or so.

It would be interesting to hear what others are thinking, including Gurus like JS.

I may turn myself into a FOPP for a while. Having enjoyed the freedom of non-FOPP-ship thinking

in the recent past, I am not going to ignore the fact that JS and his team have made many good calls.

• 2 weeks later...
Another big call from Sinclair. At what point would you question his logic. If this latest prediction if falsified?

A year is not much time in the life of a market. Would you be willing to doubt the sage if gold is not above 1764 on January 14, 2011?? :)

I have never believed in any 'sage'. Sinclair's big picture is correct, I believe. The details of his predictions are irrelevant from my POV.

I have never believed in any 'sage'. Sinclair's big picture is correct, I believe. The details of his predictions are irrelevant from my POV.

I agree. The reason he advocates buying physical gold is for protection against what is coming. Insurance. Price almost becomes irrelevant in these conditions.

http://jsmineset.com/2010/01/08/in-the-news-today-424/

Dear CIGAs,

This is not a dress rehearsal.

This is the real thing, and has been since you received the email titled "This Is It!"

SPX-027906.jpg

[iMAGE ADDED by GF]

Take a look at the following list of news topics:

-Tishman Real Estate to miss payment on a commercial loan of over $5 billion on a massive New York apartment complex, the 2nd largest default in commercial real estate loans in history.

-California declares an economic emergency.

-Employment figures stink.

-Apartment vacancies hit record highs.

-Foreclosures are setting new records.

-Consumer credit in the US drops a record $17.5 billion.

All of this is what we have gotten from OTC derivatives and a financial industry bailout of unprecedented proportion.

QE MUST go to Infinity. Talk about the Fed draining is an insult even to Mr. Fred’s intelligence.

The US dollar is toast. Gold is headed to $1650 – $1764 now.

• 2 weeks later...

You bad, bad traders! ;)

http://jsmineset.com/2010/01/20/jims-mailbox-333/

I receive email after email lauding the advantages of following some market/commodity news letter or other to trade gold, not invest in it, when truth be known, the best a non-professional trader can hope for is to break even.

It is an axiom that you, the public, cannot trade for insurance, only for the benefit of your broker.

Respectfully yours,

Jim

I am still comfortable on the sidelines.

I expect to start buying some ounces near $1,080 soon

I can tell you this : Jim Sinclair aint Santa !

Truly, it IS DIFFERENT this time!

Where, oh where, is the V-shaped recovery we have heard about?

http://jsmineset.com/2010/01/21/in-the-news-today-437/

Jim Sinclair’s Commentary

Here is the sitting administration’s greatest political risk. The administration has gravely misinterpreted the cause of their loss in Mass., a key election that can be considered as important as a national election.

Banging on the banksters, as pleasant as it is to hear, is not going to buy this administration even one vote. It is unemployment and the bankruptcy of states that is going to make this a one term administration.

When that reality, as well as the MOPE of year end US economic bulls sets in, watch the stimulation explosions.

Get ready for bailouts of everything everywhere to levels beyond your wildest expectations.

Archived