Jim Sinclair thread (News & Views)

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Relax, It Has Always Been This Way

Silver helps and silver hurts. Silver did its normal silver thing. As poor man’s gold, silver always gets over speculated on minimal financing among the believers.

Then, as today, believers get sold out by the short play to follow.

There is no top in gold at this time, nor in all probability in silver.

In truth, the action is beneficial to the ability of gold to scale the heights 2011-2015 defined by Alf Fields and Martin Armstrong.

http://jsmineset.com/

Relax, It Has Always Been This Way

Silver helps and silver hurts. Silver did its normal silver thing. As poor mans gold, silver always gets over speculated on minimal financing among the believers.

Then, as today, believers get sold out by the short play to follow.

There is no top in gold at this time, nor in all probability in silver.

In truth, the action is beneficial to the ability of gold to scale the heights 2011-2015 defined by Alf Fields and Martin Armstrong.

"Put a french curve on silver and you will see the bottom change in trend event."

Has anyone tried this yet?

URGENT UPDATE needed from Piper...

Looks like fiat has gone on a rampage !

Guidance needed.

Are buy-and-holders panicking ?

We left the french curve ages ago. laugh.gif

20110505-8w7rt57ewx3sm1d1mqdiija5tk.jpg

maybe you should use a "reverse smile" curve ?

Simply stated, the drop at this time will in retrospect be seen as the foundation for gold trading not at $1650 but rather at $5000.

Armstrong was right and wrong. He looked for a reaction in gold at a time it would not happen, to a price that simply did not and will not occur.

He is absolutely right that as June approaches this type of action is the foundational proof of a major move in gold coming out of June and continuing with the normal drama into 2015.

Relax!

URGENT UPDATE needed from Piper...

Looks like fiat has gone on a rampage !

Guidance needed.

billie_piper_j15.jpg

I AM BILLIE PIPER. THE PIPER'S EVIL SISTER. FIAT IS CHEAP. BUY ALL THE ******* DIPS IN THE DOLLAR.

YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

PS. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

"Are buy-and-holders panicking ?"

lol?

Physical holders? Why would anyone panic?

Somebody is selling! Did you see that MASSIVE VOLUME yesterday? ... GLD chart

I don't think the shorts are adding here, they are mostly covering now (I would have thought.)

Piper says, "Relax. $5000 is coming."

But I say: Don't miss those mouth-watering opportunities.

Some strict Buy&Holders are too weighed down by their ideology.

pirate_carry_treasure_chest.gif

I noticed that many here were flexible enough to switch from Silver to Gold near the $50 peak. Well done.

And even better done, if you switched to Platinum, or hedged with some puts.

He speaks of physical only (held youself - which is inherently harder to 'switch'). He has always cautioned against trading and is totally against any kind of leverage.

There is no issue here. People seem to be confusing holding physical with trading or saying that those who hold should be trading in and out.

Not sure why people can't just be left to do their own thing.

Gold is going to $5000+. The fact that it may not get there today, tomorrow or in 5 years time is irrelevant.

Another reason for not attempting to trade or swap too much physical on this dip for me was the capital gains tax allowance. If you have to pay 18% tax + the commission to re-buy physical metal it makes the trade less attractive, especially when you know the metal is going to increase a lot in the future before you need the cash.

I like to keep my swaps within cgt allowance if possible to save on tax payable and keep ounces.

He speaks of physical only (held youself - which is inherently harder to 'switch'). He has always cautioned against trading and is totally against any kind of leverage.

There is no issue here. People seem to be confusing holding physical with trading or saying that those who hold should be trading in and out.

Not sure why people can't just be left to do their own thing.

Gold is going to $5000+. The fact that it may not get there today, tomorrow or in 5 years time is irrelevant.

I don't make any distinction. (It won't matter until there is a genuine shortage - & we haven't seen one yet.)

And paper Gold & Silver have the added advantage of being more flexible from a leverage and options point of view; plus being somewhat "safer" from a storage point of view.

(That is, if a burglar breaks in, and steals my brokerage account statements, I have lost nothing important.)

It is dangerous to pick a number that you "know" gold will move up to - Remember the Piper's $1650 miss?

Listen to old pro Bob Hoye talk about the prospects for Gold and Silver about 60 minutes into this podcast:

http://radio.goldseek.com/shows/2011/04.22.2011//GSR-04.22.11-cc.mp3

(He is giving Chris Walzek an important lesson, but Chris seems not to hear it.

Steven Leeb then sensibly talks about a $48-50 high on Silver. Good on him !)

Bubb, don't you think you take this little correction during a mulit-year (if ot decades) bull market in precious metals too seriously? I mean, come one, no one will be talking much about this in 2 years time.

Oversold on silver now, it looks like a good buying opportunity to me. We don't appear to be oversold very often or for very long.

20110506-1gi7wp8fgmeibb2gua1spnwejh.jpg

Today’s action totally eliminates all and any concern for the price of gold. Today’s action lights up the $1764 Angel in gold.

Technical damage always requires technical repair. That type of price action is a perfect set up for a major launch of the gold price in June.

Relax and enjoy your protection and insurance positions.

Regards,

Jim

Bubb, don't you think you take this little correction during a mulit-year (if ot decades) bull market in precious metals too seriously? I mean, come one, no one will be talking much about this in 2 years time.

I will let the market show me how serious it is, and not decide how big the correction is before it is done.

I have no preconceived price in mind for Gold, and have seen that this sort of notion of "manifest destiny" in commodity markets leads to bad trades and missed opportunities.

I see DANGER in this type of thinking:

$1764 Angel Starts To Shine

Posted: May 06 2011 By: Jim Sinclair

Dear Friends,

Today’s action totally eliminates all and any concern for the price of gold. Today’s action lights up the $1764 Angel in gold.

What happened to his "$1650 Angel"?

It seems to have died of abandonment and starvation back in January.

• 2 months later...

$1,650!

Congratulations to Mr. Gold: Jim Sinclair!

... for the investment call of the century!

King%20World%20News%20Jim%20Sinclair%205%3A10%3A2011.jpg

No manic-depressive trading is needed, no fearful paper shuffling with liabilities not worth the paper they have been written on.

Good old gold has done what it has done for thousands of years, and will continue to do.

Don't sell your gold now, don't be stupid. The Sinclair gold price model hints at a price of $16,000 an ounce today if gold was to go back to ratios it has gone to before in the 1970s and 1980s. Don't listen to the "gold pays no dividend" morons, they don't understand what they are dealing with.

Archived