Jim Sinclair thread (News & Views)

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Instructions, please.

That is the only site giving me this problem. Perplexing. :blink:

Pixel has kindly signed me up for the email service.

OK, my answer is now here:

General Computer Questions/Problems, Please ask here, and try to help if you can

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....ost&p=77533

Others are more knowledgeable on this area than me. Please feel free to chip in :D

worth knowing

Dear Friends,

There are only two things you need to know:

1. Hyperinflation takes birth and is currency-visible during major economic upheavals. There is NO historical truth that business recovery is a necessary criterion to transmute massive increases in money supply into hyperinflation.

2. What has been the major cause of the transmutation of massive liquidity into hyperinflation has been one form or another of Quantitative Easing combined with a loss of confidence in the inflator.

Quantitative Easing does not sterilize it’s offspring - violent inflation. We will see this offspring not in the far future but in 2009, 2010, 2011 and maybe much further.

It is akin to the Japanese Sci-Fi out of the 70s titled “ The Green Blob That Ate The Earth.” It just grew and grew until it consumed everything.

For the moron financial TV hosts claiming that major inflation is well down the road because inflation requires a business recovery to occur, tell them to review:

Angola 1991-1999

Argentina 1981 – 1992

Belarus 1993 – 2008

Bolivia 1984 – 1986

Bosnia – Herzegovina 1992 – 1993

Brazil 1986 -1994

Chile 1971 – 1981

China 1948 – 1955

Georgia 1993 -1995

Germany 1919 -1923

Greece 1943 – 1953 At the high point prices doubled every 28 hours. Greek inflation reached a rate of 8.5 billion percent per month.

Hungry 1944 – 1946

Israel 1971 – 1985 (price controls instituted)

Japan 1934 – 1951

Nicaragua 1987 – 1990

Peru 1987 – 1991

Poland 1990 – 1994

Romania 1998 – 2006

Turkey 1990 – 2001

Ukraine 1992 – 1995

USA 1773 – not worth a Continental

Yugoslavia 1989 – 1994

Zaire 1989 – present (now the Congo)

Zimbabwe – 2000 to present. November of 2008 – inflation rate of 516 quintillion percent

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weimar Republic

Dear CIGAs,

Did you enjoy today and yesterday in the paper gold market? You know the bullion banks are not even good traders in gold. They are only bullies. They could not compete with Trader Dan without their bully advantage.

To create an even playing field the transmutation of the COMEX to cash gold only means margins at 100%. This did occur late in the 1970s but was an entirely different situation.

When does a bully stop bullying? When the victim finally beats the crap out of the bully, that’s when. Nothing stops unless the victim takes action to stop it.

There is only one action that will bring this daily raping of the Gold and Silver market to an end.

If you are tired of being had by paper gold and silver bullies the following is the only course of action as a positive step to end the games being played at your expense.

Ending the bully’s free ride levels the playing field between you and the gold banks.

Do the necessary to stop the daily raping.

Take delivery of your COMEX gold and silver which can be shipped to any bank anywhere in the world.

Do not leave any intermediary between you and any kind of gold or silver you own.

Definitely:

DO NOT HOLD GOLD IN CERTIFICATE FORM.

DO NOT HOLD GOLD COMMINGLED WITH THE GOLD OF OTHERS.

DO NOT TRUST YOUR HARD EARNED GOLD TO ANYONE OFFERING YOU A SHADY DEAL.

LEAVE NO COINS WITH ANY COIN DEALER.

GOLD OR SILVER BOUGHT AND TAKEN DELIVERY OF ON THE COMEX CARRIES ZERO PREMIUM.

THE MARK UP YOU ARE PAYING COIN DEALERS FOR GOLD IS MADNESS WHEN THERE IS NO SUCH NEED IF YOU CAN AFFORD A 100 OZ BAR.

NEVER BUY GOLD ROUNDS WHICH ARE NOT COINS OF THE REALM.

PRETTY ARTWORK ON A ROUND DOES NOT MAKE IT A COIN OF THE REALM EVEN IF PERMITTED IN WRITING BY A GOVERNMENT AGENCY. ALL THAT DOES IS REGISTER THE PRETTY ROUND.

Here is a question for you to think about. I do not require the answer.

What is the difference between the Franklin Mint, the National Mint, the US Treasury Mint and Down Under?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does Jim mean by this. Gold is Gold or is he hinting that gold from different sources may not be kosher ??????

What does Jim mean by this. Gold is Gold or is he hinting that gold from different sources may not be kosher ??????

He has written this before. He only wants you to hold some legal tender coins. Not entirely sure why. Marketability should usually be higher. But legal tender might also fall under capital restrictions.

According to this, we are now very close to the end game. :o

I think I will take a nice walk out in the sun. :)

What MUST Be Done To Avoid Financial Destruction

Posted: Nov 22 2008 By: Jim Sinclair Post Edited: November 22, 2008 at 10:48 pm

Filed under: General Editorial

My Dear Extended Family,

Things are now "Out of Control."

This international financial crisis is now out of control as the world asks if the USA has two presidents, one president or no president at all.

It would appear that Paulson is in financial control with Bernanke as his second.

I warned you by personal email long before the statement was proven totally correct that “This is it.” That was followed by “This is it, and it is now.” Many people laughed it off.

This is it, and it is now.

Now it is out of control.

Now we enter the Collapse of Confidence period.

Then we begin the Weimar Experience.

It has all hit the fan, and still the absolute majority have no clue. The OTC derivative dealers broke the system into millions of pieces of glass. This broken glass cannot be put back together.

It is heart rending to see a picture of GM autoworkers holding a prayer meeting for their retirement funds. The retirement money was never funded. It is a lost hope. This is another responsibility the government has undertaken that is going to go wild.

Those of you still in freeze frame are headed for lines around your bank. Your bank will likely be acquired by another bank that also is in deep trouble.

The US dollar, like a leaderless company, will lose its respect and therefore value.

In order of importance the following MUST be done unless you want to be one of the suffering masses that will be all too visible this winter:

1. You must have your assets held anywhere they are in true custodial-ship accounts. That type of account at a bank or broker states clearly that the assets held there are not on the balance sheet of the host financial entity. Those assets are clearly segregated in your name. This must be reviewed by counsel to be sure you have what you think you have. Don’t cheap out. All you have is depending on the validity of true custodial-ship accounts.

You cannot know all the banks are broke, however I feel ALL banks are broke because finance is an intertwined system that if visible would look like a spider’s web. Problems on the top will materialize all along the web. Therefore the singular most important step you must take is the establishment of a true custodial-ship account.

Do not assume you have this type of account unless a competent attorney reviews the account papers.

2. I am extremely concerned about those of you who persist in holding certificates for gold rather than holding the actual metal either delivered to you or held for you in a true custodial-ship type account. The scams out there in gold are plentiful. The only way to avoid these scams absolutely is to have your gold in your own possession.

Every other means of holding gold is steps away from perfection. Some will be ok, but many will not.

3. Why would anyone fail to either take paper certificates or order their financial agent to make direct registration book entry at the transfer agent? In most cases you only have until year-end to accomplish this strategy.

4. Withdraw from ETFs.

5. If you carelessly keep large assets with your broker you are as mad as a hatter. The FDIC DOES NOT have the money to guarantee all they are undertaking. Withdraw excess money constantly from any net broker. If you are so stubborn that you think you can trade to insure yourself when your funds are not making money while still getting your money that counts you are nuts. Admit to yourself you are nothing more than a gambling addict in a downward spiral.

6. Leave no gold or coins with any coin dealer.

7. If you can withdraw from your corporate retirement plan do it.

8. Withdraw from credit unions.

9. Withdraw from all money market instruments.

10. This is it.

11. It is now.

12. It is out of control NOW.

The next two months are going to be shocking, but nothing compared to what you will have to experience in 2009.

Respectfully yours,

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Watch out. :) Maybe some good dips coming ot buy more physical.

http://jsmineset.com/index.php/2008/12/05/...-trader-dan-24/

Paper gold at the phony Comex continues its disappearing act as more and more longs throw in the towel and close things out for the year. I should note here that volume in the Comex is absolutely horrendous dropping under 100,000 per day over the last few days. Toss in a collapse in open interest and it is pretty easy to see that what we are witnessing is a destruction of liquidity which allows any relatively larger-sized order to move price pretty much wherever the “orderee” wishes things to go. There is simply no one to take the other side of the trade with the result that large air pockets are forming in this market into which prices may drop or, in the event that prices rise, may shoot sharply higher. The same thing is happening in every single commodity complex out there.

Sinclair has recently commented that he has re-done his calculations as back in 1980 and his theoretical price target is basically double Alf Fields', which is $6,000 or so. This $12,000/oz number is very possible and actually conservative when compared with some calculations that I have done in the past. All this is of course too low if they continue running the presses. :)

Dear Monty and Dan,

I think this is very important. An ex-Fed bigwig sees the solution as revaluing the gold on the books. I have not seen this commented on and thought it would be of interest.

The Gold comment is about 8 minutes into the video.

http://watch.bnn.ca/trading-day/december-2...008/#clip119798

He says not to worry about the Fed’s balance sheet because they can just revalue their "gold certificates." This comment is at min. 11:20

This is very interesting coming from an ex-Fed big wig. Gold revaluation is beginning to be discussed…

Thanks,

CIGA Andrew S.

Dear Dan and Monty,

This video has good things in it and not only on gold. It should be reviewed by serious students and investors in gold and the US dollar from the moment it starts until the very end.

Think "Federal Reserve Gold Certificate Ratio, Revitalized and Modernized," and not tied to interest rates but rather to a measure of international liquidity. This would require gold be re-valued to market prices.

It seems to me we will draw closer and closer to a US dollar FRGCR backstop being called on as we near the .62 to .52 range on the USDX.

Respectfully yours,

Jim

Jim Sinclair’s Commentary

The good guys at GATA bring this to our attention

Trace Mayer: A problem with GLD and SLV ETFs

Submitted by cpowell on 08:25AM ET Sunday, December 14, 2008. Section: Daily Dispatches

11:20a ET Sunday, December 14, 2008

Dear Friend of GATA and Gold:

In an essay published yesterday, Trace Mayer, an accountant, lawyer, journalist, and proprietor of the Internet site RunToGold.com, has done a wonderful job exposing the weaknesses of gold and silver exchange-traded funds, as those weaknesses are acknowledged in their own prospectuses. Mayer observes, "There is no assurance that the ‘gold’ held in the ETFs is actually the same gold as defined under the periodic table."

Mayer’s essay is headlined "A Problem with GLD and SLV ETFs" and you can find it at Run To Gold here:

http://www.runtogold.com/2008/12/a-problem...d-and-slv-etfs/

Sinclair says:

There are two similarities pervading Obama’s appointees.

1. Harvard University

2. Intellectuals.

Therefore decisions made will be from the overeducated and lead to impractical programs and solutions following closely to a liberal manifesto.

== ==

Sounds alot like John Kennedy's Presidency. Was that really such a bad thing?

from trader Dan

another one mentioning the bond bubble

Bonds are moving vertically, a sure sign that a market is in a parabolic blow off run. That market is a giant bubble but only the very brave or very, very quick will be able to get in front of it. When it pops, and it will, great will be its fall. In the meantime, the trend is higher as the many traders are simply buying the long end with flattening trades and could care less how high they push it.

Back to gold – deliveries for December gold have been continuing with 500 contracts still left open in the December. Those of you who have been taking delivery - nice work – those of you who are financially able and wish to secure more physical gold – how about joining the effort to level the playing field against the bullion banks. Do not leave the gold in the warehouses if you stand for delivery. Physically remove it.

Technically gold has run all the way to the technically significant level near $880. If it can clear this level and shrug off the selling that we saw come in today near there, it will be at $900 the next day. With the huge move in the dollar the last few days, it would not be unexpected to see a bit of a pause in the Forex arena which might stir some short term longs to book a few profits in the gold. Then again, one can just look over at the bond market and see a market which really is not pausing a helluva lot. The psychological damage that was inflicted on Dollar bulls by the Fed’s decision yesterday was simply enormous. The nearest I can come to describing the experience that the Dollar bulls went through would be to defenders inside a castle learning that their reserves intended for reinforcement had just thrown open the huge gates from the inside and laid down a red carpet with the words, “Welcome” inscribed on it.

Jim's sure on a mission:

Keep The Wind Behind Our Backs

Posted: Dec 17 2008 By: Jim Sinclair Post Edited: December 17, 2008 at 1:01 pm

Dear Friends,

Now that the wind has turned on both gold and gold shares we must not cease in our fight for what is right - a level playing field as mentioned in point 1. If we do not do our duty, your duty, both the Comex short side manipulators and the naked/pool shorts will be back again.

Respectfully yours,

Jim from Africa

Comrades in Golden Arms (CIGAs),

I call upon you for positive action.

We need 100,000 emails to Cox using the data of #2 below.

1. The Comex must be stopped. I know there are two of you reading this that can by yourself stop the Comex without the need of anyone’s assistance. If I have helped you now it is time to return the favor.

Please stop the Comex. Reduce their warehouse by only 50% and the short manipulators are done.

We do not wish to break the playing board, we only wish to equal the advantage between the public and the up to now pocket picking short gold bank manipulators.

2. The short pools and naked short sellers have caused us unprecedented and undeserved losses of capital value. The total capital value loss in junior gold exploration, development and producer shares is well over $50 billion.

Can I ask a question please.

what you all going to do if comex doesn't default, bonds spend all of next year at 0% rates and gold does the decent thing and gets back to a realistic price?

Continue to milk the Forex market and average in on commodites as they will go up because the recession would be bottoming and the depression avoided by some means only known to film makers that involve stars like Bruce Willis and The Rogue Asteroid.

http://jsmineset.com/index.php/2008/12/18/...per-gold-comex/

Free The Bullion Gold Market – Stop The Paper Gold Comex

Posted: Dec 18 2008 By: Jim Sinclair Post Edited: December 18, 2008 at 2:09 pm

Jim Sinclair’s Commentary

From an anonymous Swiss friend:

"Just for your information I have until now been able to buy 100 gram bars through my Swiss Banks.

Today the major Swiss Banks are also out of stock of the 100 gram bar. I can still buy 1 kg and 12 kg bars, but for how long?

As you have read the Swiss mints are working around the clock and seeing unprecedented demand.

With dwindling supply and very strong demand combined with the very favourable economic fundamentals for gold, it can only be a matter of time before the gold price explodes.

Also, the current move in gold is only against weak currencies such as the pound and the dollar. When the real move starts, gold will move up also against the Euro and Swiss Franc and this will be due to gold strength not just dollar weakness."

Archived