"Devastated" miners being discussed - Time to Buy?

drbubb

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LDB curious how you found the proactive event, did you get the chnace to speak to directors afterwards?

Hey Riggers.

I take it you mean found as in useful -rather than finding the event details via the proactive website. The impetus to finally get off my butt and go along was Dr Bubb coming to town.

You do get a chance to speak to Directors after. However the OVG guy went off early. The Nighthawk guy did stick around which was good of him as a couple of people (1 in particular see AVDFN thread) did lay into him. Seems as AVDFN posters seem to be overly sensitive to criticism of them and their companies I didnt bother to say it but he was a little OTT. Other than Directors there are a fair number of other individuals who are fairly knowledgeable. Plus there are people like me :D

Funnily enough while chatting to DrB we bumped into a Director of GGG (who were not presenting). Was interesting as I happen to be invested there. DrB obviously knows a lot of the main players quite well. Am fairly sure the GGG guy (not sure I should mention his name) was more expansive than if I had not been with Bubb. Was quite amused to hear him say he reads the AVDHN GGG thread (hadnt bothered posting there before now myself). GGG are trying to take over their Ozzie partners who are presenting at Procative this week - that will beinteresting! Would like to go but having a damn busy week/time right now.

Not invested in any of those presenting so didnt feel the need to hunt down the Directors myself.

If you happen to be in town its def. worth going. If you have a particular interest in a company presenting Id suggest emailing the Director introducing yourself beforehand and finding out if

he is sticking around afterwards.

Ps are TDW still doing some sort of bonus / intro offer if you introduce a "friend". Seem to

remember they were in the past ?

• 2 weeks later...

Newmont is looking appealing here. Trading at ~US$26B market cap, ~6.5x cash flow, ~12.5x PE, ~2% dividend.

My very rough estimate of NAV: ~US$45B at 1500 gold, 3.50 copper, 5% discount.

I haven't bought a senior gold producer for a very long time. I think the last one was Goldcorp in 04, although I don't think it was considered a senior at the time.

Archived