SILVER

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's different this time! you think?

$16.9 oz.

The shorts will need to be out this afternoon... or is it game over?.

With the interest rate rise from the RBA it may be game over for the Autumn unless the US, UK and EU CB's all start printing like crazy otherwise they will have to raise interest rates instead. If they don’t then the price of PM’s will rise faster as the value of their currencies fall.

The ECB is expected to raise its rate by March but on this news may raise sooner. Australia tried to protect itself from recession by not following the other currencies and keeping a real positive interest rate but their currency is just getting stronger, this has got to hurt their export market but reduces inflation on imports. The Aussie CB must be seeing quickly rising and imported inflation for them to raise the rate this early.

With all the excitement in gold, new all-time high and all, I wonder, what is the all-time high in silver?

And when can we expect to see that surpassed?

In pounds I think we will go through it today. In dollars it was somewhere around $22.

The ratio hasn't come down much. Has anyone noticed a "lag effect" before where once gold rises, it takes a bit for silver to catch up and "overshoot" thereby lowering the ratio?

Opps. My mistake.. I think it has come down from 61.5 to near 60. Looks like the push to 50 is back on. :rolleyes:

The ratio hasn't come down much. Has anyone noticed a "lag effect" before where once gold rises, it takes a bit for silver to catch up and "overshoot" thereby lowering the ratio?

Yes

Opps. My mistake.. I think it has come down from 61.5 to near 60. Looks like the push to 50 is back on. :rolleyes:

only on the big run ups

Got that one wrong ...

for now

off topic:

Dominic Frisby

Intelligent, no-nonsense and seriously versatile.

tiny clicky link tucked away in the corner of your sig. ;)

well after looking through a few of those links you do appear seriously versatile Dominic. That 'innit' voice for the cartoon network was very good (I assume they are all you then?)

This is going hideously OT but after following that very versatile link, and having a chuckle at the Audi ad in 'Northern accents', I settled down to watch this week's episode of 'FlashForward', recorded from UK Channel 5. In one of the ad breaks was a trailer for the Ross Noble series running on C5 as well. Either I've got a bad case of hypersensitive Frisbyphobia or that's him as well.

He's everywhere! There's no escape. He even speaks to me on my mp3 player!* <fx:runs off cackling>

Andrew McP

*Oh, hang on, I think that's because I download the podcasts. That might explain it.

Got that one wrong ...

for now

I once bought a bigger silver stake at over EUR 11/oz. That turned out as a mid-term mistake too, you could say. I wouldn't short it, though. I have a long-only strategy. Some years from here, there might be a time to sell silver. I will then simply go long something else (stocks, property, currencies).

If you got this short right in the end, you'll certainly earned the profits! :)

Got that one wrong ...

for now

I would be very very careful of a silver short, the price could massively break out at anytime due to the massive short position by the bullion banks. Ted Butler has been recently talking about the fact that the rules may be about to change.

I would have a big problem with going short anything that does not have an over supply problem. Remember that the silver market is very small.

BTW I see £14 silver within 5 months.

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/Bro...als_Market.html

I would be very very careful of a silver short, the price could massively break out at anytime due to the massive short position by the bullion banks. Ted Butler has been recently talking about the fact that the rules may be about to change.

One day Ted Butler will be right! :) (That day, I am going to make a very serious profit.)