SILVER

I would be very very careful of a silver short, the price could massively break out at anytime due to the massive short position by the bullion banks. Ted Butler has been recently talking about the fact that the rules may be about to change.

I would have a big problem with going short anything that does not have an over supply problem. Remember that the silver market is very small.

BTW I see £14 silver within 5 months.

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/Bro...als_Market.html

Ted Butler weekly metal wrap on KWN this weekend talks about the fact that there could be a 1500 contract limit placed on silver within a month.

Frizzers make sure you close your short.

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/Bro...als_Market.html

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://goldismoney.info/forums/showpost.ph...mp;postcount=17

What is the average inflation-adjusted price of silver for the last 50 years?

Just trying to get a sense of how "high" or "low" silver really is right now, in terms of purchasing power, against a backdrop of 50 year history.

Skeptic, here is the answer for the period since Jan 1, 1968, so almost 42 years. The data used is the daily Silver Fixing of the LMBA. Inflation is U.S. government CPI.

Average Price: $ 6.40224 / oz

Average CPI-adj. Price: $ 12.95461 / oz

Indian bank to start selling silver bars

HDFC, a large gold seller is looking to sell into the silver retail market because it says investment demand is growing faster than jewellery.

Author: Ruchira Singh

Posted: Wednesday , 07 Oct 2009

MUMBAI (Reuters) -

India's HDFC Bank (HDBK.BO: Quote), a large gold seller, is looking at offering silver bars for sale in some cities because of interest from investors, a bank executive said on Wednesday. A sharper rise in silver prices than gold over the past one year has sparked demand for the metal and could make it an additional item on investment portfolios.

"Silver bars in select cities is an option we are considering," Seshan Ramakrishnan, head of the bank's retail liabilities product group, said in an emailed reply to questions.

"As an investment option, silver was never accorded enough importance. However, off late it has started catching investors' attention too," he said.

but..but..all the smart money was short PM....i saw it in the COT report... :unsure:

Looks like reality bites...and she bites hard! :blink:

Apologies for posting this link without reading it first (tired eyes and brain), but it's relevant to that comment:

Adam Hamilton: Commitment of traders reports don't fully tell the tale

http://gata.org/node/7891

Apologies for posting this link without reading it first (tired eyes and brain), but it's relevant to that comment:

Adam Hamilton: Commitment of traders reports don't fully tell the tale

http://gata.org/node/7891

I was referring to that and a few other reports that came out this weekend.

Looks like more people are waking up.

I must admit it is a very elegant and elaborate Long Con.

stupid question - what is the new york globex market and why does it open at this ridiculous time?

Correct me if I'm wrong folks but my understanding is that the globex is the 'out-of-hours trading' platform for the Comex - so they can manipulate away, 24 hours a day:)

The link has more info: http://www.cmegroup.com/globex/introduction/

Hello,

I'm new to this forum but am a regular listener to Commodity Watch / Frisby's Bull's and Bear's podcasts.

Anyway, I thought I would upload this Silver chart outlining some bearish divergence. Make of it what you will. In my experience divergences don't necessitate moves lower, but they do point out when the price is "ripe" for a fall. For now it seems everyone is too busy ganging up on the Dollar.

post-3379-1255513474_thumb.png

Hello,

I'm new to this forum but am a regular listener to Commodity Watch / Frisby's Bull's and Bear's podcasts.

Anyway, I thought I would upload this Silver chart outlining some bearish divergence. Make of it what you will. In my experience divergences don't necessitate moves lower, but they do point out when the price is "ripe" for a fall. For now it seems everyone is too busy ganging up on the Dollar.

Welcome to the forum HN. I also suspect we could see a slump in silver sometime soon. I wonder though if we could see a final wave up before the market reverses. I am very overweight silver, so am looking to switch to gold when the ratio is more favourable. Obviously, gold will not be hit anywhere as hard as silver should we see a large sell-off in the market.

The dollar is starting to look awfully cheap and I will be looking to buy it soon with a "peripheral" currency.

Welcome to the forum HN. I also suspect we could see a slump in silver sometime soon. I wonder though if we could see a final wave up before the market reverses. I am very overweight silver, so am looking to switch to gold when the ratio is more favourable. Obviously, gold will not be hit anywhere as hard as silver should we see a large sell-off in the market.

The dollar is starting to look awfully cheap and I will be looking to buy it soon with a "peripheral" currency.

Thanks. In terms of upside exhaustion, I guess the catch is that in those last moments the price action is usually most violent (at least for commodities). In terms of Silver, an important question seems to be whether it is part of the "all the same markets" phenomenon, or whether the precious metals sector will decouple from the general market (Cf. late 2007 - early 2008). Although I'm no Elliotician, I am interested to see how the wave count on the S&P pans out. According to the current wave count we would be in the final wave now (see attached chart), with limited upside.

post-3379-1255515636_thumb.png

@ Goldfinger + RH

Thanks for the caution ;)

Still ... I don't imagine that chap would fare all to well should he be so unfortunate and fall overboard.

Reminds me of the story about some ship-wrecked ancient mariner who couldn't bring himself to leave his gold behind. Needless to say, on jumping overboard he went straight to the bottom. :lol: