SILVER

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[i prefer Dostoyevsky to Nietzsche myself, just finished "The Gambler". A superb read. I suggest "Notes from the Undergound" be made mandatory reading for all first year economics students.... in order to balance out the nonsense of ceteris paribus/ all things being equal. They might then undertand a little about human behaviour.... or there subject at hand. :lol: ]

I can claim to have read Dostoyevsky as I read The Gambler several years ago and enjoyed it. It is a normal length novel though, unlike e.g. Crime and Punishment, which probably is that.

Just recently purchased most of Nietzshe's works spread over several books.

Do poeple have recommendations in what order they are best read or is chronological good enough?

I've already read the Anti-Christ.

I can claim to have read Dostoyevsky as I read The Gambler several years ago and enjoyed it. It is a normal length novel though, unlike e.g. Crime and Punishment, which probably is that.

Do poeple have recommendations in what order they are best read or is chronological good enough?

There is no order. :lol:

Indian investors dump gold for silver

2009-11-06 17:45:00

RAJKOT, India (Commodity Online): India's smart investors in the state of Gujarat have now realized the importance of silver following the huge rise in prices of gold. So, many of them have shifted to silver to make a killing.

http://www.commodityonline.com/news/Indian...-22711-3-1.html

On a long term basis, the Indians do the right thing since gold is expensive in terms of silver (gold:silver is in the top 25% since 1885, i.e. on over 75% of all trading days since 1885 gold has been less expensive than at the moment when measured in silver).

Gold-Silver-Ratio_Q.png

2009-11-06 17:45:00

RAJKOT, India (Commodity Online): India's smart investors in the state of Gujarat have now realized the importance of silver following the huge rise in prices of gold. So, many of them have shifted to silver to make a killing.

http://www.commodityonline.com/news/Indian...-22711-3-1.html

Exactly. This is what people who complain that the price of silver is only 80% up this year are missing.

India's IMF gold cost them about seven billion dollars. A seven billion dollar purchase had little impact on the price of gold. But, at current prices, seven billion dollars would buy about half of the comex's total silver inventory. The effects on the price of silver would be explosive.

For me this sets off alarm bells. At some point the price of silver going through the roof seems inevitable, even without a collapsing dollar. Right now you can still buy silver at incredibly low prices, but I don't know how long this is going to last.

Exactly. This is what people who complain that the price of silver is only 80% up this year are missing.

India's IMF gold cost them about seven billion dollars. A seven billion dollar purchase had little impact on the price of gold. But, at current prices, seven billion dollars would buy about half of the comex's total silver inventory. The effects on the price of silver would be explosive.

For me this sets off alarm bells. At some point the price of silver going through the roof seems inevitable, even without a collapsing dollar. Right now you can still buy silver at incredibly low prices, but I don't know how long this is going to last.

Silver is a real wildcard... and I wouldn't want to be without any, but being so wild I wonder if we might see low prices around the corner on a dollar reversal.

For the record, I have 30% in silver.

Silver is a real wildcard... and I wouldn't want to be without any, but being so wild I wonder if we might see low prices around the corner on a dollar reversal.

For the record, I have 30% in silver.

Always hedging against downside rather than looking at the big picture and realising that the price is going to explode at some point. Each to there own I guess, but we know that is they way you look at things. I guess it comes down to how soon you are going to need to access the capital invested.

I am currently 35% Gold 65% Silver. I expect silver to be at around $28 dollars by April and Gold at $1350. I am holding no fiat in the hope that I can buy for silver cheaper than when I bought last year during the massive correction.

I am currently 35% Gold 65% Silver. I expect silver to be at around $28 dollars by April and Gold at $1350. I am holding no fiat in the hope that I can buy for silver cheaper than when I bought last year during the massive correction.

Yeah me too. bring it on...

Nick

Always hedging against downside rather than looking at the big picture and realising that the price is going to explode at some point. Each to there own I guess, but we know that is they way you look at things. I guess it comes down to how soon you are going to need to access the capital invested.

I've lightened up a bit on silver by swapping it for gold at GM. The G-to-S ratio is getting sticky at 62-59 and I am not sure it will fall further in the short or medium term.

Basically, I think a correction in stocks is due, perhaps now overdue. I prefer gold at the moment as it has at least two sizeable floors ($1000, $925 / oz) for this eventuality. I just don't see where the resistance is in silver and I am worried a stock market correction will pull silver way way down.

I'm happy with Pix's $1300 target for Gold target , but silver is getting the heebie-jeebies around $18 and I just don't see $28.

I've lightened up a bit on silver by swapping it for gold at GM. The G-to-S ratio is getting sticky at 62-59 and I am not sure it will fall further in the short or medium term.

Basically, I think a correction in stocks is due, perhaps now overdue. I prefer gold at the moment as it has at least two sizeable floors ($1000, $925 / oz) for this eventuality. I just don't see where the resistance is in silver and I am worried a stock market correction will pull silver way way down.

I'm happy with Pix's $1300 target for Gold target , but silver is getting the heebie-jeebies around $18 and I just don't see $28.

Seems in a steady uptrend over the last year to me. I am also thinking that the CFTC action on position limits will mean the silver price won't be as easy for the cartel to control as it currently is. Ted Butler has been talking about the fact that the CFTC have promised to take action by the end of November. Have a read of "The Bomb Squad" his latest, it makes me want to keep all the silver I have.

silver-7.jpg

I know there is lots of talk of a dollar bounce and a stock sell off, but I just don't see that happening at the moment. Interest rates have been kept at zero and they are keeping the stimulus and QE going. Why should stocks crash again with all the easy money & stimulus still around?

I also keep going back to this graph, which shows the stock market has increased by the same amount as the monetization of debt by the FED. So really stocks haven't increased since the crash they have just maintained their value to the amount of dollars in existence. What also with the reports coming out of the G20 talking about continued dollar weakness, it makes me think the stock market is going to gain not drop.

Additional QE was announced by the BoE last week, how long before the FED extends their program.

Quantitative%20easing%20stocks.jpg

The fact that Gold is making all time highs but Silver is unable to exceed its October 2009 highs, not to mention March 2008 and June 2008 is a bit of a worry IMO.

20091110Gold-Silver.gif

And now for something completely different . . .

anfscd.gif

If you intend on reading most of his works, then in my opinion chronological is pretty good as you get a sense for how his thought develops. The way I tend to view the development is: romantic, positivist, zarathustra, post-zarathustra. But in any case, definitely start with The Birth of Tragedy. :)

If you intend on reading most of his works, then in my opinion chronological is pretty good as you get a sense for how his thought develops. The way I tend to view the development is: romantic, positivist, zarathustra, post-zarathustra. But in any case, definitely start with The Birth of Tragedy. :)

Thanks. So chronological it shall be.

All is flux. There is no order. Hmmm... then again maybe you could go back and read Heraclitus. :)

Then again, if there is no order, you could just as easily go forward and read Heraclitus. :)

I think there is an important difference between the metaphysical concept of temporal order and the pragmatic experience of temporal order (e.g., summer follows spring, spring follows winter etc.). Even if there is no justification for assuming some absolute temporal order, this does not mean that the therefore arbitrary sequence of events (flux) is chaotic or meaningless. Negation does not imply its opposite!

In any case ... back to Silver.

time will tell

Well yes, but the point of the graph was to suggest that time has already been telling us something ... but I guess time will tell ;)

that's still on a downward trend if you ask me

You mean the Gold:Silver ratio? I agree it is a bit early to tell for sure, but in my experience, divergences often indicate internal weakness. This is why I find it surprising that while stocks continue higher, gold is making new highs, silver is struggling to gain ground, and the gold:silver ratio is struggling to break down. But perhaps i am speaking too soon and Silver is about to catch up. We will see :)