SILVER

Special offer...

As of early Saturday morning, November 21st 2009, we will be offering a silver coin at a fixed price as long as the reserved stock for this offer lasts! Visit our website www.CoinInvestDirect.com on Saturday to find out more!

Thanks...Could be interesting!

Bob Chapman --- Rogers, Faber, Soros, Barclays and Sachs are probably all short and they can't get Gold and Silver down!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBobChapmanC...u/3/7mr3aas-Utk

All within the first 6mins.

Gold $1,148.30 +$6.40

Silver $18.51 +$0.03

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Special offer...

As of early Saturday morning, November 21st 2009, we will be offering a silver coin at a fixed price as long as the reserved stock for this offer lasts! Visit our website www.CoinInvestDirect.com on Saturday to find out more!

Libertad 2009, 1oz Silver (SPECIAL) £14.03

http://www.coininvestdirect.com/main.php?a=11&id=308

You could probably have got the maples or AE's for around that price this time last week...things are moving.

You could probably have got the maples or AE's for around that price this time last week...things are moving.

Thanks for the heads up ;)

Indeed. 11 quid in September ;)

I think we'll have 20 quid for most silver ounce coins soon. Pre 20 and post 20 might be a time for lament. It used to be pre 20 Dollars, that line in the sand.

Here it is no longer 2000+ yen but 3000+ now. We will have to all adjust to these levels for the time being.

I look forward to the day seeing the price as 50 quid, 75 dollars and 7000 yen per coin. I wonder if/when we'll get there?

I look forward to the day seeing the price as 50 quid, 75 dollars and 7000 yen per coin. I wonder if/when we'll get there?

Hi Jake, would you sell either partially or wholly at these levels, assuming that your personal/financial situation remains more or less unchanged?

The reason I ask is that I am concerned about my lack of a short-term exit strategy.

I am psychologically prepared for a long hold and a steady price rise over the course of many years. I have always assumed that I will have plenty of time to plan my sales etc...easy, but what if the scenario we have all planned for doesn't happen. Instead, the price explodes very quickly to these levels, almost overnight.

Where does that leave our meticulously planned exit strategies?

A quick word of recommendation for SarniaSilver. I placed an order for multiple different items on Thursday and my order arrived this morning. 100% present and correct. First impressions - very impressed. :)

Sarnia have always dispatched my orders in a timely fashion. However once the cost of 1oz plus postage reaches £18, I assume Sarnia will have to start charging VAT. :(

Hi Jake, would you sell either partially or wholly at these levels, assuming that your personal/financial situation remains more or less unchanged?

The reason I ask is that I am concerned about my lack of a short-term exit strategy.

I am psychologically prepared for a long hold and a steady price rise over the course of many years. I have always assumed that I will have plenty of time to plan my sales etc...easy, but what if the scenario we have all planned for doesn't happen. Instead, the price explodes very quickly to these levels, almost overnight.

Where does that leave our meticulously planned exit strategies?

Good questions, JL. I think my selling strategy depends on other factors and ratios best outlined by Goldfinger. That is unless I really need the money to buy plane tickets or food in a severe emergency. :o

I am not too concerned about the short term exit strategy. Regarding swapping gold/silver for property I am becoming steeled for the very long term as the sentiment in the UK seems made of those black granite worktops and those that dictate that sentiment are desperate blockheads. How quickly that sentiment could turn I don't know. Back last winter I had a few agents on the run but couldn't nail the deal (thankfully?) by being usurped at the finishing line.

Looking at the charts and that spike in 1980 I think you would have been extremely lucky to sell there. If that opportunity comes along then I will be there with the goods as near I can to the top. I think the price may well explode to these levels. Overnight then that would be very nice. Maybe a chance to sell a good percentage.

As a balance I do think that there is a good chance both silver and gold will take a knock/be engineered a knock like last year before bouncing back again. That's why I have been cautiously adding to my stock rather than going 'all (remaining) in'. I hate buying at the tops (now) but can't stomach the thought of it running out of reach completely either.

All in all though I am more than happy waiting for the long term forecast to materialize. Where that is is anyone's guess of course but still some way north of where we are today. The last spike was caused by different factors than we have now. We may well reach a new floor in price and this will be stonger thanks to the tiny, tiny size of the gold and silver markets. The scarcity IMO and difficulty to come by (demand) could really send the two ballistic. So selling into a spike may be a mistake unless other conditions/ratios are met.

My own plans (for UK) have been derailed and shattered basically (a blessing in disguise perhaps) so now I am digging in for a battle of attrition. And at the moment I am enjoying it. You know though, that I am in Japan and I am equally worried that the source of the hyperinflations nightmare will start here somehow. Yesterdays news however is that we are back in deflation (like I needed reminding). Wages are down again. 40% of graduates cant get jobs. Prices are falling. Nobody is buying Jack. Stores have sales you couldn't imagine (socks for 10 Yen etc etc). There are holes in the streetscape where shops have once been. (They pull them down here and give back the land) Streets are nicknamed 'shutter dori (street)'. It is all rather depressing. Nobody out shopping. This is classic deflation mentality and it is quite gripping. It seems like the only people surviving are those serving the public sector. What a joke!

Maybe when a deflation hits bottom you have a hyperinflation. I really honestly couldn't tell you. I don't think Japan has much room to manoevre. A few years?

Thus to me the only thing to buy is PM's when you can. Short term/Long term... I just hope there is use on loading up and we get to a 'spring' somewhere soonish. Fat chance, eh? Buy while you still can.

Good questions, JL. I think my selling strategy depends on other factors and ratios best outlined by Goldfinger. That is unless I really need the money to buy plane tickets or food in a severe emergency. :o

I am not too concerned about the short term exit strategy. Regarding swapping gold/silver for property I am becoming steeled for the very long term as the sentiment in the UK seems made of those black granite worktops and those that dictate that sentiment are desperate blockheads. How quickly that sentiment could turn I don't know. Back last winter I had a few agents on the run but couldn't nail the deal (thankfully?) by being usurped at the finishing line.

Looking at the charts and that spike in 1980 I think you would have been extremely lucky to sell there. If that opportunity comes along then I will be there with the goods as near I can to the top. I think the price may well explode to these levels. Overnight then that would be very nice. Maybe a chance to sell a good percentage.

As a balance I do think that there is a good chance both silver and gold will take a knock/be engineered a knock like last year before bouncing back again. That's why I have been cautiously adding to my stock rather than going 'all (remaining) in'. I hate buying at the tops (now) but can't stomach the thought of it running out of reach completely either.

All in all though I am more than happy waiting for the long term forecast to materialize. Where that is is anyone's guess of course but still some way north of where we are today. The last spike was caused by different factors than we have now. We may well reach a new floor in price and this will be stonger thanks to the tiny, tiny size of the gold and silver markets. The scarcity IMO and difficulty to come by (demand) could really send the two ballistic. So selling into a spike may be a mistake unless other conditions/ratios are met.

My own plans (for UK) have been derailed and shattered basically (a blessing in disguise perhaps) so now I am digging in for a battle of attrition. And at the moment I am enjoying it. You know though, that I am in Japan and I am equally worried that the source of the hyperinflations nightmare will start here somehow. Yesterdays news however is that we are back in deflation (like I needed reminding). Wages are down again. 40% of graduates cant get jobs. Prices are falling. Nobody is buying Jack. Stores have sales you couldn't imagine (socks for 10 Yen etc etc). There are holes in the streetscape where shops have once been. (They pull them down here and give back the land) Streets are nicknamed 'shutter dori (street)'. It is all rather depressing. Nobody out shopping. This is classic deflation mentality and it is quite gripping. It seems like the only people surviving are those serving the public sector. What a joke!

Maybe when a deflation hits bottom you have a hyperinflation. I really honestly couldn't tell you. I don't think Japan has much room to manoevre. A few years?

Thus to me the only thing to buy is PM's when you can. Short term/Long term... I just hope there is use on loading up and we get to a 'spring' somewhere soonish. Fat chance, eh? Buy while you still can.

Thankyou for taking the time and effort to post this interesting reply.

That offer on the Libertads did not last long!

Sorry Schlaubs. I swung my heavy artilliary at CID there and scooped a deal. You can't prat around on those special CID offers. Hope you bagged a few. Mine on theur merry way to Japan right now along with the disgustingly expensive if aesthetically beautiful English roses. 'For no bombs will tempt me from she'.

Sorry Schlaubs. I swung my heavy artilliary at CID there and scooped a deal. You can't prat around on those special CID offers. Hope you bagged a few. Mine on theur merry way to Japan right now along with the disgustingly expensive if aesthetically beautiful English roses. 'For no bombs will tempt me from she'.

Thanks for the heads-up. I am sure some bargain hounds here managed to get some in time but were disappointed when they went back after 48 hours to load up with some more ;)

A quick word of recommendation for SarniaSilver. I placed an order for multiple different items on Thursday and my order arrived this morning. 100% present and correct. First impressions - very impressed. :)

Me too and thanks to whomever mentioned them here. I got some silver in in Sept and very pleased with their prices and service.

Me too and thanks to whomever mentioned them here. I got some silver in in Sept and very pleased with their prices and service.

I felt a bit sorry for my local postie when my Sarnia deliveries arrived. She looked rather miffed at all the seperate packages :lol:, seemed like she was shoveling them through the letterbox for ages. Out of sympathy I think I'll limit my orders to 20 items or less in the future.

I felt a bit sorry for my local postie when my Sarnia deliveries arrived. She looked rather miffed at all the seperate packages :lol:, seemed like she was shoveling them through the letterbox for ages. Out of sympathy I think I'll limit my orders to 20 items or less in the future.

Did you think about opening the door?

:P

Was looking through some interesting old articles yesterday, which showed the way silver will be gone by 2030.

Production of Large Silver Mines Through 2030

3.gif

All points to a much much higher silver price... Great article. Thanx Pixel. Also great was Adam Brochert article, thanks Wren.

BTW what will we use when silver is all gone? (genuine question) Its only a few years away really if nothing is discovered.

Back to CID... :lol:

Silver to touch Rs 31,250 soon: Industry body

Silver is likely to become expensive in the coming days globally, as investors have gone gung-ho over the white metal in the last two months, according to a latest report by an industry body.

"Investment has surged this year and is expected to drive silver prices higher, with the $ 20-per ounce level likely to be breached in the short-term," global precious metals consultancy GFMS Ltd said today. In rupee terms, silver would cost about Rs 31,250 a kg in the coming days, it added.

At present, silver prices are ruling at $ 18.57 per ounce at the London Metal Exchange, while it is quoting Rs 28,700 per kg in the local market.

"Since September, there has been a robust expansion in investors' long positions in all investment arenas" as white metal has benefited from gold's strength and weaker US dollar, GFMS noted.

The early part of 2009 was dominated by demand for physical metal and ETFs ((exchange traded funds), as investors sought refuge in silver when fears over counter-party risks and the financial system remained rampant, it said.

Globally, the January-October period saw a 3,110 tonne rise in ETF holdings, while there was an increase of 5,306 tonne in investors' net long positions in Comex futures, the report said.

Besides, investors' bullion stocks have also increased substantially so far this year on a net basis, it added.

Investment in the white metal is rising, as some investors are concerned about higher inflation in future and the general growth in investors' interest in commodities in a very low interest rate environment, GFMS observed.

"Investment demand including coins is currently projected to exceed a net of 6,440 tonne this year," it said, adding demand from industries for fabrication and photographic use is expected to drop significantly this year.

However, conditions should eventually become less supportive for investment demand in silver during the course of next year as the economy gradually recovers, short-term interest rates rise and the US dollar stabilises, it pointed out.

More MSM reports:

http://www.citywire.co.uk/personal/-/news/...p;ViewFull=True

Silver offers next leg up as gold soars

Investors do not normally look to Vietnam as a lead indicator of market direction but a flurry of trading in the nation’s gold sector last week may hold lessons for us all.

Seeking a hedge against inflation, which hit 20% in early 2008, Vietnamese investors caught gold fever long before it was fashionable in the wider world. The government, concerned about flows into an unproductive asset, effectively shut down imports.

Last week, as the rest of the world saw gold topping out at $1,120 an ounce the closed market of Vietnam – which had trended at around $60 an ounce above the global market in recent months – saw the price top out at almost $1,300 in a surge of trading.

The government duly dropped import controls but the episode showed that supply constraints and weight of capital are making the gold markets ‘a bit crazy’, according to one Vietnamese trader quoted in the local media last week.

Where gold leads other precious metals tend to follow, and while there may be limited long-term upside for an investor getting into the market now, attention has turned to the likely relative beneficiaries, such as silver.

‘On the whole the price of gold and silver tend to move in the same direction. The gold/silver ratio is used to identify possible extreme moves,’ said Angus Campbell of trading platform Capital Spreads. ‘The ratio stands at 64.12 and has bounced off a one-year low of 58.41 recorded in the middle of September. Last year the ratio hit a peak of around 84 before falling back to its current level. So, it looks like there’s a bit of a trend developing.