SILVER

100kg coin?

Slap that on the counter at the offlicence and you'll get some raised eyebrows!

Nx

Better to drop it on an estate agents foot when he ask for evidence that you can afford the house costing 2 million that you have requested to look round......

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont always look in there, but notice they slightly pushed up the price of Eagles the last few days.

Think they provide a good customer service.

On the topic of good service, I've just received my 1kg 2010 Libertads from CID within 36 hours of placing the order. I had only seen photos of these coins before and it certainly didn't prepare me for seeing them for real. Even Mrs JL was impressed :)

On the topic of good service, I've just received my 1kg 2010 Libertads from CID within 36 hours of placing the order. I had only seen photos of these coins before and it certainly didn't prepare me for seeing them for real. Even Mrs JL was impressed :)

I can recommend coininvestdirect too - a very good service. There is always a slight worry when dealing with a company on the Internet for the first time - I used the recommendations of posters here on GEI about CID several years ago and am grateful to them.

I don't get 1kg coins, how do you spend them? I prefer ingots/bars for that size. Could you upload a pic with a loaf of bread or such like to get the idea of size? :wub:

Coins normally sell for a premium over the same weight in ingots/bars and as CID were offering the 1 kg Libertads at 7% vat instead of 17.5 % it was a logical purchase.

Incidentally, they are now back up to 17.5 % vat.

Size wise, about 1/2 inch thick and dia slightly larger than a beer mat or coaster.

Just noticed the big gap down for GBP on opening, wonder if it will fill ?

Dollar on steroids today. If we see it strengthen over a month to 84 or so, silver could go to 15 odd.

sild.gif

Yup, just breached 61.8% retracement, would like to see it pull back now to 79.5 area. Then I might have a clue where we are....

BTW, do you recon that guy was getting irritated about the interviewer slamming his bars on the table? I might of thumped him. :)

I think he thougt it was a little bit funny; maybe dented the table?! I wouldn't treat my bars like that, but at the end of the day a few dents isn't going to matter I suppose.

Does anyone have knowledge of proof / uncirculated british silver coins.

Ive seen a few but arent sure how to tell the silver from the copper/ nickel versions without a presentation box etc ?

There is no finite list as the majority of these are not coins but tokens, coins are only produced by the offical mints, no one else is allowed to mint a coin but many produce tokens.

Silver is on a run and clearly breached £12 an ounce now. CID have been charging £499.49 a KG for a while now regardles of variations at comex but they have increased the price now to £512.30.

Anyone else bid on the 44 ounces of silver coins on ebay?

Silver is on a run and clearly breached £12 an ounce now. CID have been charging £499.49 a KG for a while now regardles of variations at comex but they have increased the price now to £512.30.

That 1kilo mexican libertad purchase made a few weeks back when it was on special at 469GBP is looking like a very good buy indeed. Who was it that said back up the truck nd went all in when we went to the 9GBP area recently? They have made out like a bandit. Good work!

Watching brown on the TV debate was making me too angry had to switch it off

guilty ;)

it was an early bid tho as they were a bit worn

yes i know silver is silver and all that but i am getting more fussy with the job lots over the years

That 1kilo mexican libertad purchase made a few weeks back when it was on special at 469GBP is looking like a very good buy indeed. Who was it that said back up the truck nd went all in when we went to the 9GBP area recently? They have made out like a bandit. Good work!

me? (diminutive!) - normally I get these things very wrong! (Like not selling till it reaches $35+!!)

To me, last week's action felt very much like a capitulation bottom. I have just backed up the truck at GM for silver.

I am buying here. Now.

I bought one of those libertads too at GBP450-odd. It's about 80 quid more now!