SILVER

I won those coins on ebay. 180496346655

I think I may have bid too much as I calculated my bid based on the troy ounce price and I now suspect that he has weighed them on the kitchen scales at 44 ounces. What do you think, did I pay too much?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won those coins on ebay. 180496346655

I think I may have bid too much as I calculated my bid based on the troy ounce price and I now suspect that he has weighed them on the kitchen scales at 44 ounces. What do you think, did I pay too much?

515.05 for 44oz = 40.10oz

= 12.84 per ounce

in my experience pre-1920 lots always sell for a fraction over spot, so this is about right

beats paying the VAT anyway!

useful site here-

http://www.metric-conversions.org/weight/o...troy-ounces.htm

515.05 for 44oz = 40.10oz

= 12.84 per ounce

in my experience pre-1920 lots always sell for a fraction over spot, so this is about right

beats paying the VAT anyway!

useful site here-

http://www.metric-conversions.org/weight/o...troy-ounces.htm

Trouble is, although he said that he had been advised they were all pre 1920, there is at least one coin in there that looks newer and possibly some foreign ones too. The thing is I rushed into buying them. I might decline to buy them.... I had a bad day dooh!

The open in New York on monday could be explosive with this news....you have less than 24hrs to get your hands on some silver before the moonshot ;)

DOJ Antitrust Division Considering Launching Investigation Into Silver Market Manipulation By JPM

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 05/01/2010 08:36 -0500

Eric King reports the breaking news that in a letter obtained by Ted Butler, the DOJ's Antitrust department is considering launching an investigation into silver market manipulation by JP Morgan. Should an announcement of a full formal probe of manipulation by JPM follow, it would be tantamount to a confirmation of what numerous individuals have been claiming over the years, that JP Morgan, the LBMA, the CFTC, various banks, and even that kindly old grandpa who was so much against derivatives except when he was about to lose money as a result of regulation that he is spending the whole weekend telling his investors in Omaha to run, not walk, to Borsheim's, and buy all their massively overpriced trinkets (you can't be a quadrillionaire without first being a trillionaire), are nothing but a borderline criminal cabal that traffics in wealth extraction courtesy of a few monopolist players. As Eric King discloses in its letter the Anti-Trust division announces that "it will carefully consider the issue of silver market manipulation by JP Morgan and other traders. Generally the CFTC investigates these types of market manipulations. However, the suggestion that JPMorgan Chase may be signaling other traders, warrants further analysis. The DOJ will carefully consider the issue you raise, and you can be assured that if we conclude that silver traders have engaged in anti-competitive conduct, we will take appropriate enforcement action."

Ted Butler, always cutting to the point, says: "It's about time a major government organization stepped up to end what has been a very serious crime in progress that has basically covered two decades...[JP Morgan's] level of concentration only exists in the silver markets. Concentration is the hallmark of manipulation or a monopoly. Our markets are supposed to be free markets, they are not supposed to be controlled by anybody. Right now the silver market is a monopoly, the chief monopolist is JP Morgan, and the only entity that can step up to JPM is the Antitrust division of the DOJ...If you want to put it into perspective, more important and more serious than what is currently happening with Goldman Sachs. This is a crime in progress, this is an allegation of current market manipulation. This is as serious as you get. You don't get bigger than market manipulation."

And, as a scheduled daily reminder to Christine Varney: if you are evaluating JP Morgan for being a silver market monopolist, maybe you can also consider Goldman Sachs for monopolizing the entire global fixed income market (mostly OTC but also cash).

I have been trying to get 1oz coins from three of the most common suppliers in the UK two based in the channel islands and one in German and they are completely sold out of Eagles!! Also an order for Maples is taking more time than normal and I have not had a reason why yet (I know it is a bank holiday in the UK.)

Anyone else having a problem?

I have been trying to get 1oz coins from three of the most common suppliers in the UK two based in the channel islands and one in German and they are completely sold out of Eagles!! Also an order for Maples is taking more time than normal and I have not had a reason why yet (I know it is a bank holiday in the UK.)

just ordered eagles from sarniasilver.com order seemed to go through ok, normally it tells you when they are out, will keep you posted. something feels funny in the silver market. trouble is my stack is no where near big enough.....but would it ever be? :lol:

Not really, but it's a terrible pain having to pay more these days :lol:

http://www.minesite.com/nc/minews/singlene...es-soaring.html

News

April 29, 2010

Why Are Silver Sales Soaring?

Jeff Clark, Senior Editor, Casey’s Gold & Resource Report

The U.S. Mint just reported another record, but this time it wasn’t for gold. The Mint sold more Silver Eagles in March and in the first quarter of the year than ever before. A total of 9,023,500 American Silver Eagles were purchased in Q110, the highest amount since the coin debuted in 1986.

While this is certainly bullish, there’s something potentially more potent developing in the background. Namely, how this matches up with U.S. silver production. Like gold, the U.S. Mint only manufactures Eagles from domestic production. And U.S. mine production for silver is about 40 million ounces. In other words, we just reached the point where virtually all U.S. silver production is going toward the manufacturing of Silver Eagles.

Yikes.

Silver doing well here, but can it hold? Watch the dollar.

silverrrr.gif

Sure enough... the dollar spikes and silver slides. I'm keen to pile in with my dollar fund on this dip..... but no hurry here. The decline could last a good couple of weeks if the previous dip is anything to go by.

silt.gif

Sure enough... the dollar spikes and silver slides. I'm keen to pile in with my dollar fund on this dip..... but no hurry here. The decline could last a good couple of weeks if the previous dip is anything to go by.

silt.gif

We seem to be approaching the upper level of G/S's recent MT triangle which should act as resistance, think we will need the next leg of this sovereign collpase for the G/S ratio t obreak substantially higher.....saying that doesnt seem like we are far away given the news flow!

Hi,

3 questions.

1)I'm thinking to limit my companies account exposure with Santander. So I'm thinking of places to move the money. My company is VAT registered so if I buy silver do I claim back the VAT, then pay VAT when I sell the silver.

2)Am I better off just sticking the money in a dedicated Nationwide account?

3)Should I not worry because the politicians will sort out the mess?

Goldenbee turning silverish.

We seem to be approaching the upper level of G/S's recent MT triangle which should act as resistance, think we will need the next leg of this sovereign collpase for the G/S ratio t obreak substantially higher.....saying that doesnt seem like we are far away given the news flow!

Recent history in the ratio doesn't look too good. Hoyes 80 odd might be threatening.

gold_30_day_silver.png

I was a bit surprsied to see Rick Ackerman bullish on silver to go through $20 last week. His latest article is making more sense. I'm looking to buy back into silver in the next few weeks or so.

Silver’s Sharp Selloff No Cause for Concern

http://news.silverseek.com/RickAckerman/1273122240.php

Silver quotes have come back down to earth with a thud, so perhaps it’s time to review our outlook, which was, and still is, quite bullish for both the intermediate and long-term. The Comex July contract has shed a hefty 10 percent of its value since Tuesday, settling at 17.51 yesterday after peaking just two days earlier at 18.89. Although this has caused some gnashing of teeth and sporadic expressions of anguish in the Rick’s Picks chat room, long-term bullion players who frequent the room seem to be taking the move in stride.

We ourselves sounded an especially bullish note a week ago when we wrote that it would be a “piece of cake” for Comex silver futures to push above some daunting reservoirs of supply on the intraday charts. The June contract duly obliged shortly thereafter, but as you can see in the May futures chart below, the rally left one key high at 18.91 recorded in January undisturbed. Although climactic buying missed exceeding that peak by just 2.5 cents, it was enough to make any selloff that followed a possible threat to the short-term picture.

That threat was “actualized,” as they say, by this week’s steep selloff, but it remains to be seen how much more damage will be done. So far, it is minimal, and we therefore still expect the futures to hit a very bullish 21.53 by mid-June. That is our target for the July contract, and it was mentioned in last week’s commentary along with a secondary target at 20.21. At what point would our outlook turn intermediate-to-long-term bearish? That would take a print below 13.89 (!), since, according to the rules of our proprietary Hidden Pivot trading system, that’s what is required to turn the weekly chart bearish. With respect to the daily chart, the July futures need only dip below 16.590 by Friday to hint of serious trouble. That’s hardly unlikely, but even if it were to occur we would give the long-term bullish trend the benefit of the doubt until such time as the weekly chart confirms the negative.

Six Weeks of Purgatory

In the meantime, we’ll view the futures as being in purgatory, tasked with consolidating for the expected push within six weeks or less to 21.53

Hi,

3 questions.

1)I'm thinking to limit my companies account exposure with Santander. So I'm thinking of places to move the money. My company is VAT registered so if I buy silver do I claim back the VAT, then pay VAT when I sell the silver.

2)Am I better off just sticking the money in a dedicated Nationwide account?

3)Should I not worry because the politicians will sort out the mess?

Goldenbee turning silverish.

What about gold? It is a better long term buy and hold imo.

Silver seems to be lagging gold at the moment - I just noticed that older Sovs are now pennies short of £200 on CID. My advice would be to have bought them some years ago! Interestingly, after owning PMs for some years now, I am always slightly thrilled when I hand over fiat and receive valuable good/services in return - it seems almost wrong!

Silver seems to be lagging gold at the moment - I just noticed that older Sovs are now pennies short of £200 on CID. My advice would be to have bought them some years ago! Interestingly, after owning PMs for some years now, I am always slightly thrilled when I hand over fiat and receive valuable good/services in return - it seems almost wrong!

Would that they wer 58 quid again...them were the days. Remember wincing when they wer 99 for my 2005 weirdo sovs. 209 today :(

Well this is the silver thread and silver isn't reacting at all. Weird.

Silver up 4.5% in the blink of an eye today

G0ldfinger you rascal you beat me to it!