SILVER

Question: If I buy silver bullion or coins in the UK and then take it out of the country to where I live, can I claim VAT back at the Airport like i could if I bought a Plasma TV?

The guys like Sarnia Silver send you coins VAT free individually (<GBP18 is legally VAT free from Channel Isl.)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silver really motoring in GBP here. CID are lagging behind spot prices IMO.

CID sell £550....buy £428....

Latest from ATS as of 15:45 uk time......

silver 1 KG £605 inc VAT

1kg gold sell £27,890 - buy £26,030..(b,stards.....)

£893 krugs

£909 brits

£23.50 silver brits

First Gold, Now Europe Running Out Of Silver

OTT?

You tell me (I know little) http://www.zerohedge.com/article/first-gol...ning-out-silver

Earlier we noted that the Austrian mint was on its way to depleting its gold reserves following "panicked buying" from Europeans, who now openly fear the demise of their currency. Now, courtesy of Slim Beleggen, we understand that the situation in the silver market is just as bad and has also spilled over to Germany: the contagion is no longer one of sovereign debt, but of precious metal physical inventory. The primarily silver focused (but holding gold as well) Kronwitter precious metal online retailer is not only not accepting any orders, but has entirely taken down its website.

The only message left for visitors is (translated from German) as follows:

Dear customers, due to the enormous number of orders we can take at the moment no new orders via the Internet, email or fax contrary. All previously purchased and paid for coins are shipped. In order not to delay the extradition unnecessary to ask is to refrain from requesting payment or tracking number. When shipped our you will automatically receive a shipping confirmation. We hope to do everything within two days and then re-open the shop to buy. Thank you for your understanding. Marie-Luise Kronwit

Soon coming to an LBMA vault near you - a run on physical and a total collapse of the 100x diluted Precious Metal market.

The guys like Sarnia Silver send you coins VAT free individually (<GBP18 is legally VAT free from Channel Isl.)

Worth clarifying for those that don't know,you can place a single order for more than one coin, but for the above reason, they are sent out individually.

Yes, OTT I think. (ZeroHedge, OTT? Shocking!)

What I basically drew from the latest CFTC saga was that the physical metal markets are leveraged about 10-1 and that everyone thinks this is fine. It probably is, until we get a genuine rush for physical metal. I don't think that will happen until another major financial institution fails - probably a bank with huge sovereign exposure.

Worth clarifying for those that don't know,you can place a single order for more than one coin, but for the above reason, they are sent out individually.

Looks like their buisness has a shelf life on it then. As the price of silver rises, they will have to stay under the £18 limit although they could charge extra for postage.

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/13052010/389/gold-...nched-gulf.html

In a world first, possibly only suspected by GEI members with names like Goldfinger a Gold dispensing Remote ATM machine has been installed in a Hotel.

Abu Dhabi's top hotel has upped the stakes in the contest to have the most glitz in the Gulf by installing an ATM that dispenses gold bars.

The machine at the Emirates Palace monitors the daily price of gold and offers small bars that weight up to 10 grams or coins with customised designs.

Thomas Giessler, the German entrepreneur behind the idea, chose Abu Dhabi because of its high-rolling atmosphere.

Whilst searching for a nice piccy it appears this is not a world first and that one was installed in Frankfurt last year...

http://www.psfk.com/2009/06/gold-vending-machine.html

Hoping to offer those in a currency panic a way to offload their rapidly devaluating cash, TG-Gold-Super-Markt is installing vending machines that dispense 1 gram, 5 gram and 10 gram gold bars and coins. A prototype released in the Frankfurt Airport charged $42 for a tiny single gram of gold. The vending machine’s prices are updated every two minutes, but do not reflect global commodity fluctuations—instead offering a 30% premium above the true market price of gold. Recession-addled investors would be well-advised to invest elsewhere.

Thanks for the great chart, id5.

I am right in thinking that 100% here represents the 5 and 10 year moving averages?

Actually the 100% origin is for each individually. The value is the percentage increase or decrease in relation to each origin where the 5 and 10 year are percentage increase of the averages of the values that make up each set. It may have made more sense if I had used 0% as the origin but the graph would have stayed the same.

Thanks for that chart GF. Do you have a target area for number of silver oz's/average house, as for your 70-100 oz's of gold? Are you expecting 1000 oz's of silver to pick up the average house as back in 1980? Or do you think that really was a one off?

Thanks.

Looks like their buisness has a shelf life on it then. As the price of silver rises, they will have to stay under the £18 limit although they could charge extra for postage.

Possibly.

Incidentally they ran out of Maples almost as soon as they came in.

sarnia have withdrawn some coins as they are now apparently too expensive to post without VAT.

Just had a load of Philharmonics turn up, nice coins but I really dont like the non-milled edge on them.

nor do I, I generally get the maples as they tend to be the same or similar price.

Looks like they just hit the VAT wall of death?

http://www.sarniasilver.com/

>>Apologies Demand has Out-Stripped Supply<<

http://www.silvercoinsbullion.co.uk/

We are currently experiencing large volumes of sales, apologies if some items are out of stock, items will be relisted when new stock arrives.

Sell on Trumpets?

Or is it Canonfire now?

What did Rothschild say about indecision?

And Buffet... be fearful when others are greedy and be greedy when others are fearful.

I suppose we are all now fearful AND greedy. And now, alas, it's all gone.