SILVER

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hope so Pixel8r, I feel that silver is so undervalued.

It looks like the cartel have let it get away from them this time. The last options expiry they had someone just keep buying all the paper they could write and the price actually went up. They must be now scrabbling around trying to get physical to make good on the deliveries they are bound to be being asked for.

There was talk from Jim Willie that it was the Chinese and the Arabs.

Silver looks good to take out $20 and make a big move up. Does anyone else see cup with handle in USD silver chart? The bottom of the cup is at $10 and the top at $20 which implies a powerful move up to $30.

Looks like it seems to be trying to take out $20 again.

Here's an ambivalent article on silver:

http://www.timeslive.co.za/business/articl...-in-the-picture

I found it at http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/09.10/onaroll.html

According to Virtual Metals, the physical market for industrial silver will remain in oversupply for the rest of this decade

With spot silver at the $20/oz door this is probably not the time to be buying physical silver at premium prices.

v.

Virtual Metals forecasts demand that will steadily erode the industrial demand/supply surplus coming from new technologies - photovoltaics, solar mirrors, medical, textile, radio frequency identification, water purification and food hygiene are a few Virtual Metals pinpoints. They are slated to absorb as much as a quarter of all industrial silver by the end of this decade.

I've looked on Virtual metals website but haven't found the source yet. It looks like a good site for GEI-type stuff. I don't think I've seen anyone refer to it before.

Anyone thinking of trading some silver for gold at these ratios? Im quite tempted, even with the Goldmoney charge on top

I wouldn't and I swapped gold for silver at 72 on the GSR. I think what is currently going on is the start of the great silver short unwind leading up to the limits set to be imposed by the CFTC next year.

Take a look at this graph and try to work out where the next support is.

20100914-dbaya8yq5m4sjik51a5dsdcfqp.jpg

Dunno. Am not a chartist. Can you give me your view?

GF's chart above seems very good to me, but who knows really. There was a cool chart posted on lemetropolecafe.com last night and it has turned up on a youtube video today;

Anyone thinking of trading some silver for gold at these ratios? Im quite tempted, even with the Goldmoney charge on top

Surely, it has to come down to what your percentages are. If you are sitting on mostly silver, then it makes sense to swap some of that for gold. I think even the most fervent silver bulls have something like near half their bullion in gold.... not sure about goldfinger though. :lol: