SILVER

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does seem clear that silver is set to strengthen further though after breaking out of it's holding pattern.

-pic-

i agree with this, however, i think its a case of short-term vs longer term; on your shorter term chart the current setup in the GSR has been broken to the downside and is now looking for something resembling support - and here we move to GF's longer term cycle chart, where the GSR has clearly broken through the suggested downward trendline. Whilst it is indeed now moving to the downside, is it not reasonable to assume that the broken trendline may act as a support and present and 'bouncing' point for the GSR to move up again. Of course, it could be that the GSR never bounces too high and just moves down 'on the outside' of the trendline bouncing all the way. However, as it has clearly broken through the trendline GF suggests, this will be most interesting aspect of where the GSR heads next (after presumably hitting the support)

which would coincide with a pm spike this March and pull-back thereafter, who knows? but i struggle to see the cycle your graph portrays tbh

I see a long term pattern here. 20:1 simply happens every now and then. Yes, in 1980 we had the Hunts, but there are new Hunts out there. If I was hedge fund, I'd certainly have a look at the silver market.

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN...the_System.html

Dan Norcini:

“Where we are at on the charts with regards to the precious metals is that they are blowing through resistance levels like they are not even there. If we can clear $23 on silver, there isn’t much resistance until $25 and if silver plows through $25, then you have a realistic possibility of it running up to $35.

Call me Silverfinger.

Not exactly about silver but did you hear that story involving palladium? New materials will increase the demand on the rare metal.

Yeah, I also think it will benefit from the China rare earths scare, and so might do silver. Who owns all the silver anyway??

Shall we call you palladiumfinger?

Not quite, but my timing was impeccable.

Yeah, I also think it will benefit from the China rare earths scare, and so might do silver. Who owns all the silver anyway??

Not quite, but my timing was impeccable.

Yeah I remember well, I had just bought G&S and the prices fell, particularly silver and I had no cash to buy palladium at £135 an ounce from Bairds without selling what I had just got at a loss, and I was new to this PM thing. I wish I had bought a load though. Is that where you got yours from, bairds GF?

Is that where you got yours from, bairds GF?

IIRC. Now, as an almost monopolist in Pd bars, maybe it will be difficult to sell that stuff to anyone but Bairds when it's time to sell? :o

I bought a very small amount back then for that reason, I somewhat rue it now. :) But the unrealized profits are large enough to make me feel good. :)

Nice indeed 1 kilos on ebay are going at an avg of about £565 as are some of the dealers. ASEs at £19+ krugs at £900+ everytime i need cheering up I just log onto ebay and look at current prices...never fails

You take the eBay prices as a forward indicator for spot prices?

Not exactly about silver but did you hear that story involving palladium? New materials will increase the demand on the rare metal. Shall we call you palladiumfinger?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11484773

that chemistry has been around for years - nobel prizes are always 10-20 years late.

unfortunately its a very small market. i have done a few Heck reactions using palladium myself and not only is a small amount used but it can easily be recycled.

i'm still super bullish on palladium though :)

I'd be interested to know why. Looking at PHPD and LPLA.

over the long term i am.

its rare, it has unique properties that cannot be matched by other elements, its overlooked as the poor mans platinum, its very politically sensitive with main production in russia/china, ironman uses it.....

ermm, what else?, if ever hydrogen technology advances (and there is no reason why it cannot) palladium is required.

i'm bullish on all the high technology metals simply because a much larger market (the chinese) is only just starting to advance to the stage where they need these metals.

over the long term i am.

its rare, it has unique properties that cannot be matched by other elements, its overlooked as the poor mans platinum, its very politically sensitive with main production in russia/china, ironman uses it.....

ermm, what else?, if ever hydrogen technology advances (and there is no reason why it cannot) palladium is required.

i'm bullish on all the high technology metals simply because a much larger market (the chinese) is only just starting to advance to the stage where they need these metals.

Thanks for that explanation.

Thanks for that explanation.

i have posted this a few times but it sums up why pd > pt imho:

Clearly it is not an exact science as to how much platinum goes to one use or another. However, jewellery manufacturing is going to be the major platinum user in China. Primarily this is because the Chinese automotive industry tends to make gasoline-powered cars, and so the split between platinum (normally found in diesel-engine autocatalysts) and palladium is heavily in favour of the cheaper metal.

http://www.commodityonline.com/news/Precio...-24102-3-1.html

+ here's a bullish writers view:

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article17368.html

and finally..... here is something i prepared earlier :P

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....st&p=186793

This could move quickly now......... a log graph (not shown) suggests current support at $450

Good Luck!

I hope y'all are buyin'! I had a few quid laying around so I threw it at silver when today's sale was well underway.

Btw Pixel8r, you were right, I traded silver for gold too soon (last summer) because of my fears of a fall crash. Been buying only silver ever since. :D

Btw Pixel8r, you were right, I traded silver for gold too soon (last summer) because of my fears of a fall crash. Been buying only silver ever since. :D

Big of you to remind me :)

I think the GSR is on it way down to 52-50 on this swing and probably lower. Here's my latest GSR graph.

20101008-x19bwr6tc4gji32s2sg7m9ykws.jpg