SILVER

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, and this makes the news? Just shows you how tight the silver market must be that a bet 100,000 puts

(strike $25, 100 contracts each put, value $0.10) makes the news.

I mean I wonder how many times Exxon or Conoco or Citi has an option bet of $1m. Every day, I'd venture.

Hope the trader loses his shirt!

EDIT: I am really having a dig at the amount of leverage (and *paper* leverage, at that); 100,000 *100 = 10,000,000 contracts. That's a LOT of silver. 10,000,000 x 5000 ounces. Geez. Did I get my math wrong?

Honestly, and this makes the news? Just shows you how tight the silver market must be that a bet 100,000 puts

(strike $25, 100 contracts each put, value $0.10) makes the news.

I mean I wonder how many times Exxon or Conoco or Citi has an option bet of $1m. Every day, I'd venture.

Hope the trader loses his shirt!

EDIT: I am really having a dig at the amount of leverage (and *paper* leverage, at that); 100,000 *100 = 10,000,000 contracts. That's a LOT of silver. 10,000,000 x 5000 ounces. Geez. Did I get my math wrong?

It could also just be a hedge. For all we know the trader could have $100 million in silver stocks.

Will Silver Surge Following The Nationalization Of Bolivia's Silver Mines By Embattled President Evo Morales?

report from Bolivian daily La-Razon states that Bolivia's president Evo Morales is now planning on expropriating zinc, silver and tin mines sold off by previous governments. Bloomberg reports that "Morales will announce a decree May 1 to “dismantle the privatization model,” said Nicolas Fernandez, a spokesman for state mining company Corp. Minera de Bolivia, known as Comibol. "The government is recovering all the privatized companies,” Fernandez said today in a telephone interview from La Paz. “When the decision is taken, Comibol will be ready to manage these mines.”" Among the contracts to be affected are those with Glencore International AG, Pan American Silver Corp., and most importantly, Coeur d’Alene Mines Corp., which is operator of the San Bartolome mine: the world's largest pure silver mine.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/will-silver-surge-following-nationalization-bolivias-silver-mines-president-evo-morales

Will Silver Surge Following The Nationalization Of Bolivia's Silver Mines By Embattled President Evo Morales?

report from Bolivian daily La-Razon states that Bolivia's president Evo Morales is now planning on expropriating zinc, silver and tin mines sold off by previous governments. Bloomberg reports that "Morales will announce a decree May 1 to "dismantle the privatization model," said Nicolas Fernandez, a spokesman for state mining company Corp. Minera de Bolivia, known as Comibol. "The government is recovering all the privatized companies," Fernandez said today in a telephone interview from La Paz. "When the decision is taken, Comibol will be ready to manage these mines."" Among the contracts to be affected are those with Glencore International AG, Pan American Silver Corp., and most importantly, Coeur d'Alene Mines Corp., which is operator of the San Bartolome mine: the world's largest pure silver mine.

http://www.zerohedge...ent-evo-morales

$42.40 so er, yes Errol, it will.

Lol,

Silver Bitchez!

report from Bolivian daily La-Razon states that Bolivia's president Evo Morales is now planning on expropriating zinc, silver and tin mines sold off by previous governments. Bloomberg reports that "Morales will announce a decree May 1 to “dismantle the privatization model,” said Nicolas Fernandez, a spokesman for state mining company Corp. Minera de Bolivia, known as Comibol. "The government is recovering all the privatized companies,” Fernandez said today in a telephone interview from La Paz. “When the decision is taken, Comibol will be ready to manage these mines.”" Among the contracts to be affected are those with Glencore International AG, Pan American Silver Corp., and most importantly, Coeur d’Alene Mines Corp., which is operator of the San Bartolome mine: the world's largest pure silver mine.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/will-silver-surge-following-nationalization-bolivias-silver-mines-president-evo-morales

I've been saying for a while, the higher these metal prices go the more political threats there will be to the miners. This is the exact reason why I haven't traded CDE in over a year.

Yep. If the system somehow holds together then PM miners are an excellent bet. Trouble is, what if it doesn't? I don't blame Morales. Only a nutcase would mine real money out of the ground and sell it for bit of paper with dead preseidents on it.