SILVER

i'm looking to sell some of my silver - i have 80oz in 4 very ulgy poured bars - and am wondering if anybody has any thoughts as to where would be the best place to sell them?

ebay is a possibility but i don't know how much interest these ugly bars will get (they don't have a makers stamp on, only the weight and purity - although i did get them from a dealer so i am 100% positive they are silver).

some of the 'we buy silver' places are giving pretty poor prices.

any other options?

cheers

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm looking to sell some of my silver - i have 80oz in 4 very ulgy poured bars - and am wondering if anybody has any thoughts as to where would be the best place to sell them?

ebay is a possibility but i don't know how much interest these ugly bars will get (they don't have a makers stamp on, only the weight and purity - although i did get them from a dealer so i am 100% positive they are silver).

any other options?

cheers

I would take them back to the dealer where you bought them, if possible. You'll skip out on having to have them assayed that way. Did you keep the receipt?

Good Luck!

Failing that I would just keep them as paper weights/flower presses. I have a couple like that and I heard the shop where I got them has been 'washed away' in the tsunami Oh dear! :huh:

Ugly silver, that's an oxymoron! :D

Any chance of a picture?

any other options?

cheers

You could try bairds, they advertise the prices they pay on their website.

Can anyone suggest a good gold price chart for android phones? Does bullion vault charts work? Thanks

i might try bairds - they say they buy bars that are not their own.

i got them from a dealer in the US and he was having difficulty getting hold of any silver at the time (2008) so i said i'll take whatever he had, so he said he had these at the back of his safe. silver is silver after all :)

i'm only selling them because i'm a bit light on cash at the moment - i have no doubt that silver will continue to go up :)

Was checking some share prices earlier and almost choked when I saw ECU silver had closed up 2677%. Typo sadly, but if any ECU holders do want to pretend they're now rich beyond their wildest dreams, please follow the link:

If only.....

Hopefully I will wake up one day to that being a true story, the merger with Golden Minerals (AUM) does look promising though.

Anybody trying to uy from CID will have run into this. :o Capital controls.

For all other European countries, the EC has implemented limits for the sale of silver.

Unless you are trying to send to the UK or Germany, each country has 'limits'.

Sorry if this has been covered before.

Anybody trying to uy from CID will have run into this. :o Capital controls.

For all other European countries, the EC has implemented limits for the sale of silver.

Unless you are trying to send to the UK or Germany, each country has 'limits'.

Sorry if this has been covered before.

just been on cid and can't find any news of this yet

although it did happen last year

this year they have imposed a 10% handling charge

for silver for all countries outside Germany except UK

I assumed this was a way of getting round the limits issue

just been on cid and can't find any news of this yet

although it did happen last year

this year they have imposed a 10% handling charge

for silver for all countries outside Germany except UK

I assumed this was a way of getting round the limits issue

Try and order! Ask them why stuff can't be delivered and they'll explain.

I am expecting silver to show some serious strength again soon, once we close above $42.50 we will be back on track, the heavy manipulation (5 margin hikes in quick succession) correction will be behind us. Blythe Masters must be starting to fret, her efforts don't seem to be as effective anymore which is understandable with higher margins as that means less speculative holders.

20110803-j6efr26hex2maemihr1972ci8b.jpg

I think Turk's expecting another short squeeze in the not too distant future, plus we now have the pan Asian gold exchange... :D

I am expecting silver to show some serious strength again soon, once we close above $42.50 we will be back on track, the heavy manipulation (5 margin hikes in quick succession) correction will be behind us. Blythe Masters must be starting to fret, her efforts don't seem to be as effective anymore which is understandable with higher margins as that means less speculative holders.