SILVER

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sharp falls going on at the moment, nearly a dollar gone off the price in the last three minutes or so, I wonder if the powers that be are attempting a manipulation again, 42.05 dollars seems to be the level that they are defending at all costs, the 161.8 of the range between May and July of this year. Well I have been buying at 39 for the past few weeks and shall try again here, targeting 41. For what it is worth, I don't think it is ever going below 32 dollars again, it is a year since it last touched the 200 day moving average and that is now at over 33. Noticable that the price only fell by a few percent during the mini crash last Thursday as well.

Considering the last 24 hrs and silvers stubborn unwillingness to move may this be a buy? All eyes on gold it would seem. Or will both plunge?

WTH. Just bought a bit more... 30 something is ok.

46 on the GSR also looks very attractive to me.

Considering the last 24 hrs and silvers stubborn unwillingness to move may this be a buy? All eyes on gold it would seem. Or will both plunge?

WTH. Just bought a bit more... 30 something is ok.

Just bought too. Ordered physical from CiD this morning.

After playing the gold:silver ratio game earlier this year, I have been steadily accumulating silver again - since the crash at the start of May. I felt pretty happy about buying it at below $35, but stopped in the last couple of weeks as we closed in on $40. I expected silver to follow more gold closely, but they seem to have diverged more than I expected. Looking at the charts and current price, I think I would have been better off buying gold actually, although marginally so. And this could quickly change.

The ratio has increased to around 46 now, so I'm happy to recommence buying silver. I don't know yet what my target ratio is for swapping to gold, or when this will happen, but I'm sure we'll get there eventually.

My feeling FWIW is that silver is about to go ballistic, once we close above $42.50 I think we will quickly go to and through $50. I am expecting to be approaching $60 by the end of September,

Commerzbank expects silver price to hit $40 per troy ounce at the end of 2012

Commerzbank is keeping its forecast for silver prices unchanged because of worrying economic conditions and on concerns the metal could decouple from gold. In a research note, Commerzbank says silver recently could not profit from the rising gold price any more.

“We have therefore not increased our price forecast for silver and still expect an average silver price of $36 per troy ounce in the third quarter and $38 at year-end,” says Commerzbank. “Next year the silver price is likely to move along with gold. At the end of 2012 we expect a price of $40 per troy ounce.”

http://cnbusinessnews.com/commerzbank-expects-silver-price-to-hit-40-per-troy-ounce-at-the-end-of-2012/

Commerzbank expects silver price to hit $40 per troy ounce at the end of 2012

Commerzbank is keeping its forecast for silver prices unchanged because of worrying economic conditions and on concerns the metal could decouple from gold. In a research note, Commerzbank says silver recently could not profit from the rising gold price any more.

“We have therefore not increased our price forecast for silver and still expect an average silver price of $36 per troy ounce in the third quarter and $38 at year-end,” says Commerzbank. “Next year the silver price is likely to move along with gold. At the end of 2012 we expect a price of $40 per troy ounce.”

http://cnbusinessnews.com/commerzbank-expects-silver-price-to-hit-40-per-troy-ounce-at-the-end-of-2012/

ermm, are they aware of the current price?

Commerzbank is one of the biggest German banking turds. Don't touch them. Just like Societe Cr@piale, Commerzcr@p will sell you long dated out of the money calls on silver and similar. Death wish! By coincidence, I have some silver calls with them (I had a little money left in my brokerage account, so I just moved it in there). Guess who has lost money on these calls already? :lol:

Commerzbank is one of the biggest German banking turds. Don't touch them. Just like Societe Cr@piale, Commerzcr@p will sell you long dated out of the money calls on silver and similar. Death wish! By coincidence, I have some silver calls with them (I had a little money left in my brokerage account, so I just moved it in there). Guess who has lost money on these calls already? :lol:

Perhaps it is better to invest using SLV,PSLV or SIVR vehicles. They seem simpler.

.../....

a – confined to an upward channel

b – breakout of channel resistance

c – testing channel exterior as support

d – rising fast and ultimately too quickly

e – violent move down and ultimately re-testing channel exterior as support

f – and the bulls have it

g – hitting long-term trendline resistance (see previous charts in original thread for palladium)

agpdstudyv.gif

..../...

.../...

How to test this going forward: First and foremost, if silver is replicating the action in palladium, we need to see a h&s pattern avoided in this consolidation period. Furthermore, it took palladium approx. 5 months after the intermediate high to get back to the same level. This would equate to the silver price being approx. $50, 8 months from now.

..../...

UPDATE:

pdmodelupdateaug11.gif

so far so good - h&s being avoided, $50 on the cards for XMAS

so far so good - h&s being avoided, $50 on the cards for XMAS

I think that $50 is on the cards for September and once we are through it it will act as support, bit like the $1000 level for gold.