SILVER

Gold/Silver ratio since 1344

http://goldinfo.net/silver600.html

I've been wondering why people say the long term ratio is 1:15 and that it will go back there one day. This chart shows that the 1:15 ratio held true for centuries, while gold and silver were coined as money and had a proscribed exchange rate, but not for the last 200 years.

Ker, do you see a low of more than 1:30 based on that chart?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pah, that's nothing. Ker reckons it'll be down $4 in one day tomorrow. :)

(I'm paraphrasing and may be incorrect in this statement. If so, I apologize Ker)

nop, maybe not tomorrow, but it has to be this week. i still think gold & silver will crash (or at least show the signs of a crash), i am not with the market right now, but that's what makes world interesting, different point of views

i think charts are still correct, but the timing is not, if it doesn't work on wednessday close, then charts will become completely invalid. (the gold & silver charts only)

OK, fair enough...

However, if you take a look at the longer term charts, you may note that the ultimate lows do not have to be put in until some time next year i.e. several months from now, if at all. A truly free market will not tell you this in advance of course...

i think charts are still correct, but the timing is not, if it doesn't work on wednessday close, then charts will become completely invalid. (the gold & silver charts only)

TA of charts in this market obviously cannot work. There are too many massive changes going on, they are happening on a daily basis, so how could these already be discounted by the market.

Are you short silver? If not, why not you are predicting a 40% drop in the price of silver in 2 days.

I would not at all be surprised to see some crash big dip in the metals some time in the next month or two. The condition being another bout of forced liquidation and a crash in the stock market. If there is a spike shortly a will sell a portion of my metal in order to buy back in on the dip.

All standard stuff of course in a secular PM bull.

Just checked my GoldMoney account and my transferred funds are there, ready and waiting to be magically turned into silver.

This fact alone is guaranteed to push silver to $12 :rolleyes:

You may be very lucky if Ker's predictions come to pass.

Silver Selling for $1 per Ounce

http://www.fool.com/investing/value/2008/1...-per-ounce.aspx

With 251.5 million shares outstanding, long-term value investors can think of each Silver Wheaton share as roughly equivalent to 2.44 ounces of silver in the ground. It turns out investors really are paying just over $1 per ounce of silver in the ground.