SILVER

Small change

It's good to see silver getting more attention these days :D

As a result, I've been asked if we can have a pinned silver thread. I think that's a good idea.

I've pinned this thread, and changed the title slightly.

So from now on, we'll have a monthly gold and a monthly silver thread. (assuming there are enough posts on it to warrant that. If not, it'll be less often).

As always, the threads are listed in the "Notable Threads" thread, which you can access right up under the logo (have you noticed ? )

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but the crucial question is how much will it cost to get it out of the ground and refine it?

I ask this in order to emphasize the energy costs of production.

With 251.5 million shares outstanding, long-term value investors can think of each Silver Wheaton share as roughly equivalent to 2.44 ounces of silver in the ground. It turns out investors really are paying just over $1 per ounce of silver in the ground.

And @Steve_N, something like a dedicated (and possibly pinned) silver thread would suit. I guess there has been a suitable thread before, but some inobservant like myself ended using the "Watch silver" thread just because it was there and got bumped.

So, good move to make this the one. And "Watch silver" is an excellent title, I think.

If I was the Cartel, I would hire Ker for scaremongering on gold and silver forums. ;)

Here is a chronogical summary, and how some people react. Note how days change, and get shifted when they're a non-event.

Pah, that's nothing. Ker reckons it'll be down $4 in one day tomorrow. :)

(I'm paraphrasing and may be incorrect in this statement. If so, I apologize Ker)

nop, maybe not tomorrow, but it has to be this week. i still think gold & silver will crash (or at least show the signs of a crash), i am not with the market right now, but that's what makes world interesting, different point of views

Why?

An explanation would be useful at this stage...

$9.47 currently.... does your prediction of $6.60 still hold? If it does, that's one hell of a shorting opp.

yes it is, next week. tuesday as a big downday

Everyone, let's all buy massively on Tuesday. Obviously it will be a good day to do so if Ker indeed knows the future.

;)

Looking unlikely......... but I'll give it time...

tomorrow will be the day (wednessday)

Never say never, but I don't think we will be below 8.5....

What do you think will happen tomorrow Ker?

<_<

Oh, and yes, indeed, tomorrow could be another massive downday. <_<

Here is a chronogical summary, and how some people react. Note how days change, and get shifted when they're a non-event.

I really appreciate Ker's work for to help maintain a balanced view. Trouble with the internet is you get a whole load of people thinking and promoting the same thing, especially on forums like this!

Theres a phrase that I can't remember at the moment for when you get a whole group of people thinking the same thing because everyone else does, it can be a dangerous thing.

For every one of Ker's missed calls, I'll find you 10 failed 'rocket' calls from this board :) (well, maybe not 10, lets say 5!)

A balanced opinion/debate is healthy and deserves to be promoted :)

Edit: Quick observation : I've noticed the biggest knockdowns tend to occur just after everyone thinks we're headed to the moon.. so the next few days should be quite interesting!

I really appreciate Ker's work for to help maintain a balanced view. Trouble with the internet is you get a whole load of people thinking and promoting the same thing, especially on forums like this!

Theres a phrase that I can't remember at the moment for when you get a whole group of people thinking the same thing because everyone else does, it can be a dangerous thing.

For every one of Ker's missed calls, I'll find you 10 failed 'rocket' calls from this board :) (well, maybe not 10, lets say 5!)

A balanced opinion/debate is healthy and deserves to be promoted :)

I don't want to ge tinto any sort of sh!t fight here, but I just fail to see how TA of any sort can be applied to the markets (and not just the PM markets) at the moment. OK maybe a bit of resitance/profit taking at key psychological levels but I would be interested in just how many of the charting calls have been anywhere near the mark (better than chance?) . I have bought and I am holding - doing OK in my current local currency (Aussie). I think things are just starting to get interesting.

I don't want to ge tinto any sort of sh!t fight here, but I just fail to see how TA of any sort can be applied to the markets (and not just the PM markets) at the moment. OK maybe a bit of resitance/profit taking at key psychological levels but I would be interested in just how many of the charting calls have been anywhere near the mark (better than chance?) . I have bought and I am holding - doing OK in my current local currency (Aussie). I think things are just starting to get interesting.

Im not after to get into any kind of poo slinging contest either, my comment wasn't about TA just more about maintaining an environment where an opposing view may be freely shared without fear of repression

If I was the Cartel, I would hire Ker for scaremongering on gold and silver forums. ;)

I thought the same thing. I find it strange that he posts the same stuff on lots of gold forums. So far I have found him on GEI, GoldisMoney & Kitco.

The best advice I was ever given was: Do not let others do the thinking for you...

Even though I too also post the occasional point and figure chart, I only do this as I would like to share and discuss with like minded people.

Ker doesn't seem to want to answer any questions, as if he is too busy to even back up his own statements...

The best advice I was ever given was: Do not let others do the thinking for you...

Even though I too also post the occasional point and figure chart, I only do this as I would like to share and discuss with like minded people.

Ker doesn't seem to want to answer any questions, as if he is too busy to even back up his own statements...

Must almost be a full time job posting on so many boards. Has anyone seen him on any others?

I thought the same thing. I find it strange that he posts the same stuff on lots of gold forums. So far I have found him on GEI, GoldisMoney & Kitco.

He is not the only one :huh::lol:

I don't think that's odd at all. Each place has different people and a different "atmosphere". And you get different reactions to the same post.

I even post gold stuff on a (pro) property forum :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit: Quick observation : I've noticed the biggest knockdowns tend to occur just after everyone thinks we're headed to the moon.. so the next few days should be quite interesting!

Yes, yes, yes.. he he he.. I am waiting for this in order to sell... in order to buy on the knockdown... he he [rubs his greedy little hands together]

If he did have some devious mission to undermine gold on such boards, you'd probably expect him to use a different handle at each site in order to cover his tracks.

Like many of us, he's probably just not got a life :)

If he did have some devious mission to undermine gold on such boards, you'd probably expect him to use a different handle at each site in order to cover his tracks.

Like many of us, he's probably just not got a life :)

That would make it more obvious though, as he would be posting the same information and chart under different user names. Unless he did different charts for each user name.

Maybe Ker should change his name to 'Austin Powers - Man of Mystery' - or has that already been lined up for cgnao?

:) Maybe we could call Ker the anti-cgnao?

Anyway, I agree that all views should be taken into account. However, his charts/prognosis also prove that TA is possibly mostly useless under these market conditions, and maybe even extremely dangerous.