SILVER

That's amazing. A drop down, then straight back up. Anyone catch it?

I was logged onto Goldmoney at the time and prices didn't shift at all, in fact they went up a bit. So I guessing this was a rouge spike on the kitco chart and not the price passed to dealers.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw it too...WTF was it?

Looks like a Kitco issue to me.

My spreadbetting platform carried on trading as normal - the chart shows no deviation during that timeframe.

Will be interesting to see if Kitco go back and change the chart. Right now it looks like a real spike:

silverw.gif

Maybe he works for Kitco? Or a chart provider?

:P

How many people would have been scared into selling though. Seeing the price change on kitco I logged into GM and saw the price hadn't changed yet, had a good think about selling.

It seems incredible that he could predict the day and amount that the price would change by 40%, even if it actually is an error on kitco.

Selling - you joking right?

I was getting stressed that I couldn't buy some more silver...I thought the xmas sales had started!

No I meant the price that you could sell at on GM was still $10.4 per ounce, even though kitco was saying it had dropped to $6.4. I was thinking that maybe I would be able to sell at $10.4 then buy back at $6.4.

I think that was the last gasp of the PPT....

Years from now historians will mark that as 'THE' point where the system crashed, and then collapsed....

Physical market is now completely seperate from the CRIMEX....

Think you could be right on that. Hopefully we should see a big spike up over the next week, as the december contracts expire.

No I meant the price that you could sell at on GM was still $10.4 per ounce, even though kitco was saying it had dropped to $6.4. I was thinking that maybe I would be able to sell at $10.4 then buy back at $6.4.

I like your thinking. I was kicking myself that I hadn't picked up a load of spreadbet positions at $6.50 ... until I saw that it wasn't real. ;)

Ker clearly works for Kitco's web hosting provider. Or is a hacker. :)

Funny. I immediately thought about buying!!

Have a reread of my post. I thought about selling as the GM price was still at $10.4 will the kitco price was at £6.4. So the aim wound have been to sell at $10.4 then rebuy at $6.4 when the GM price caught up, luckily I didn't. :D

http://www.leighmulley.com/files/kerplunk2big.jpg

Product Description

Editorial Review

The object: try not to lose your marbles!

A long-time favorite, Ker-Plunk! takes a steady hand, as you skillfully lead goldbugs astray at multiple gold frums. A clear plastic tube is filled with silver dollars, which are supported by crisscrossing sticks inserted through the tube. Each player takes a turn against The Cartel (Ker-Plunk!) removing a stick from the tube, trying to dislodge as few silver dollars as possible. As the game progresses and fewer sticks remain, it gets harder to keep the silver dollars from going ker-plunk! Play continues until all the silver dollars have fallen below $6.60. The player with the most silver dollars in his compartment wins! For unlimited players against The Cartel.

Product Description

Remember those games you loved as a kid? They're back and better than ever! There's a whole new look to Cartel Classic Games, but the fun hasn't changed a bit. Look for Cartel Classic Games and share the memories with a new generation. A classic skill and action game, Ker Plunk! is where you take your pick and pull a pump and dump. If all the silver dollars fall below $6.60, you get a margin call and lose it all! You're only sunk if they go...Ker Plunk! For unlimited players versus The Cartel. Game includes game base, tube, tube connector, sticks, silver dollars and daily instructions in the form of useless and misleading t/a charts posted direct to your PC. Tube measures 666.94"L x 12.25"H. Products and colors may vary.

Funny, I thought his first name was Wan...