SILVER

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they are stamped Umicore, have a look here. I suppose I have 2 concerns...

1) These are good delivery bars and if I took delivery of a gold good delivery bar, I have been told by BV that the value goes down because it goes out of the trusted banking/dealer cycle. Does this apply to these bars?

2) Are they difficult to sell?

They stamped by a recognised refiner? Not seen that size about on internet.

Yes they are stamped Umicore, have a look here. I suppose I have 2 concerns...

1) These are good delivery bars and if I took delivery of a gold good delivery bar, I have been told by BV that the value goes down because it goes out of the trusted banking/dealer cycle. Does this apply to these bars?

2) Are they difficult to sell?

This isn't an LBMA size bar/deal - so not part of that chain of integrity, but the bigger the bar, the more chance of a dealer being bothered about assaying. Is it that much cheaper (relatively) than smaller bars ? (That's the good thing about coins - far more faff to fake... But a killer premium!)

What their storage charges are like - might be able to put off VAT that way too.

I initially was surprised, but it was described by the dealer as a good delivery bar, so I tend to take his word on it. He was going to knock off £43/bar due to bulk purchase and so each bar less VAT is £1,399.00 (5KG).

I was going to take delivery and that is why I was favouring the 5KG over the 1KG bars, it would be easier to move around.

This isn't an LBMA size bar/deal - so not part of that chain of integrity, but the bigger the bar, the more chance of a dealer being bothered about assaying. Is it that much cheaper (relatively) than smaller bars ? (That's the good thing about coins - far more faff to fake... But a killer premium!)

What their storage charges are like - might be able to put off VAT that way too.

I was going to take delivery and that is why I was favouring the 5KG over the 1KG bars, it would be easier to move around.

Up to you fella, but if they'll do the smaller stuff for nearish the same price then, personally, I'd go for that option.

I'm sure you won't find it too much of a chore having to move all those bars about - even if they're not quite such a 'handy' size.

I'll come help if you like. ;)

Why not just take delivery of silver off the COMEX market as Jim Sinclair has described multiple times?

Why not just take delivery of silver off the COMEX market as Jim Sinclair has described multiple times?

For silver, I'd think that's going to = expensive postage comparative to total value. I'd guess they'll only post high (expensive) security courier. (Think Comex silver are 1000oz bars too?)

Dif' for gold!

I looked into taking delivery via GM of silver LBMA 1000oz bars, but you have to pay an extra commission (min £500) to agent if wanting to pick up an amount less than 30 bars.

EDIT: They've got silver Comex bars for sale here: http://www.bulliontradingllc.com/index.php?cPath=3 Not sure if they'd ship to UK or not.

The difference isn't insignificant based on the volume I was looking for... it certainly makes you weigh up all options. I spoke with Sonia at CID and she said she would have no problems buying 5KG bars from me, but I would need to ship them to Germany. The other option I am mulling over is goldmoney.com, as the long term goal is to reap the benefits through over sold silver and buy more gold longer term... I think I will sleep on it.

I'll give you a call! :P

Up to you fella, but if they'll do the smaller stuff for nearish the same price then, personally, I'd go for that option.

I'm sure you won't find it too much of a chore having to move all those bars about - even if they're not quite such a 'handy' size.

I'll come help if you like. ;)

The other option I am mulling over is goldmoney.com, as the long term goal is to reap the benefits through over sold silver and buy more gold longer term... I think I will sleep on it.

That's my sort of thinking too. More expensive storage for silver at GM, but you don't have to worry about security and FAR easier to swap over to gold when and if...

Could be a kick down - if it gets to around mid 10's, that may be a good time to get stuck in.

COMEX inventory suffered a huge depletion over the last few days..

The warehouse inventory (registered) went down from 77,750,977 to 68,189,037 Ounces in a single day on Dec 17.

When this thing blows up it will be spectacular. The short position is something like a year's mining supply.

:) I think I will buy some more silver pre-Christmas. :rolleyes:

Screaming buy opportunity or what?!

Now where's Ker to bring some realism back into the game?!

Maybe he meant £6.60. :lol:

Mind you, looking at prices of gold coins in GBP recently, sometimes I'm not sure that it's not in euros.