SILVER

Found it

Reply from Sonia Hellwig,

>>>>

Unfortunately we cannot switch back to the 7% in the UK now that we adopted the 17,5% rate. We are VAT registered in the UK and therefore apply the normal UK rate.

<<<<

Previously they were a mail order company based in Germany but now they are registered in UK

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently silvers hard to get right now and that is whythis guys after £20,000 a kilo.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1kg-Silver-paper-wei...%3A1|240%3A1318

Think he must be someone who is on here, judging by the comments in the advert.

Think he must be someone who is on here, judging by the comments in the advert.

yer, lol, own up who is it? Who wouldn't sell their silver for less than £20,000? Still cgnao says a big mac will be £10,000 and who will swap a kilo of silver for two big macs?!!

yer, lol, own up who is it? Who wouldn't sell their silver for less than £20,000? Still cgnao says a big mac will be £10,000 and who will swap a kilo of silver for two big macs?!!

Yeah it would be cheap then, but not quite yet. :lol:

I've held some silver for near on 8-9 years, but I would have to say, even to this day I haven't really studied silver. As has recently been demonstrated in gold, are there seasonal movements, is now to late Jan typically a good time to buy? I'm also curious when do people expect silver to hit last year's highs?

I've held some silver for near on 8-9 years, but I would have to say, even to this day I haven't really studied silver. As has recently been demonstrated in gold, are there seasonal movements, is now to late Jan typically a good time to buy? I'm also curious when do people expect silver to hit last year's highs?

Listen to the recent CWR, James Turk thinks it will hit $30 this year at some point when Gold hits $1500.

http://commoditywatch.podbean.com/2009/01/...cross-the-pond/

Assuming this is the current thread... :) and people are interested in 1KG weights, I can highly recommend the 1KG coins offered by CID, they're lovely. I bought 3, 1 Koala, 1 Kookaburra and 1 Lunar, I can't see me every selling them they're that nice.

Was it you who posted a pic of a one kilo coin? It was a good pic on the palm of the hand giving a sense of the size. What are the dimensions of these coins?

Listen to the recent CWR, James Turk thinks it will hit $30 this year at some point when Gold hits $1500.

http://commoditywatch.podbean.com/2009/01/...cross-the-pond/

Yes, could be, but if gold goes to 1500 and if the gold/silver ratio goes down to 50.

Longer term these IMO are likely but I don't bet on it this year.

I feel very positive about silver at least long term. I am going longer silver than previously so long as this high ratio holds up.

No, but I'll take a few pics for you, leave it with me.

Was it you who posted a pic of a one kilo coin? It was a good pic on the palm of the hand giving a sense of the size. What are the dimensions of these coins?

Yes, could be, but if gold goes to 1500 and if the gold/silver ratio goes down to 50.

I feel very positive about silver at least long term. I am going longer silver than previously so long as this high ratio holds up.

I am curious to why you think that won't happen. We are in a time of great volatility, the GS ratio ranged between around 45 to 83 last year.

All i think it would take is a short term squeeze on the very limited silver supply.

Good point I think you would get charged 15% on top.

is that 15% just the VAT that has to be paid?

If so, its still cheaper than say CID:

First Majestic currently quoting $13/oz for silver

At exchange rate of £1 = $1.52 that gives 1oz = £8.55

adding 15% gives £9.83/oz

Am i correct in this?

CID's cheapest 1oz coin at time of writing is the Mexican Libertad at £13.21.

So the Libertad is a massive 34% more expensive!!!!!!

Can someone please tell me if there's anything wrong in what i've said, because if not, i think i'll be buying some from First Majestic?

And again, does anyone think there would be much of a problem selling First Majestic coins?

thanks in advance

Can someone please tell me if there's anything wrong in what i've said, because if not, i think i'll be buying some from First Majestic?

And again, does anyone think there would be much of a problem selling First Majestic coins?

thanks in advance

From memory, FM charge $100 for postage of 100 coins to the UK. You need to factor this in to your calcs. The coins will be around £10.50 each (including VAT and postage).

I don’t think you will have too much trouble shifting them. I’ve seen them selling on ebay for £10/11 + postage.

I notice they have the 1 ounce coins back in stock. I might buy some myself.

EDIT: It was the proof coins I saw on ebay.

is that 15% just the VAT that has to be paid?

If so, its still cheaper than say CID:

First Majestic currently quoting $13/oz for silver

At exchange rate of £1 = $1.52 that gives 1oz = £8.55

adding 15% gives £9.83/oz

Am i correct in this?

CID's cheapest 1oz coin at time of writing is the Mexican Libertad at £13.21.

So the Libertad is a massive 34% more expensive!!!!!!

thanks in advance

well, they will charge you vat first (15%). Then they will charge you for importing silver from the US. Then they will charge you the handling fee (usually £8).

the best way is to find someone off ebay who will describe the silver as something else and put a lower value on it.