SILVER

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DOUBLE POST

Arbitrage Lures Gabelli to M&A, Huntington to Silver as Hedge Funds Fail

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

Feb. 2 (Bloomberg) -- Mario Gabelli is buying Wyeth to book a 13 percent profit from its takeover by Pfizer Inc. Managers at Cohen & Steers Inc. are scooping up closed-end funds trading at a 16 percent discount to the value of their holdings. Huntington Asset Advisors Inc. is betting the widest gap between silver and gold prices in 14 years will narrow.

Me too, are you sure we'll get a dip below the current spot price? I'm expecting the pound to fall further this week with the expected rate cut, so I'm tempted to average in a little more now. I wish I'd gone all in around £6.82 now... :)

I'm currently waiting for a dip in £ price to buy a large amount (for me anyway) more. I'm trying to be patient and learn from past mistakes of buying into strength and ignoring trends in the $/£ exchange rate.

Me too, are you sure we'll get a dip below the current spot price? I'm expecting the pound to fall further this week with the expected rate cut, so I'm tempted to average in a little more now. I wish I'd gone all in around £6.82 now... :)

Good thinking warpig, I may do the same. Lets see what happens tomorrow, any idea how early the rate cut is 'priced in' before Thurs 12 noon?

Good thinking warpig, I may do the same. Lets see what happens tomorrow, any idea how early the rate cut is 'priced in' before Thurs 12 noon?

£ dropped quite a bit on Sun/Monday after rumours of the rate cut. I would be surprised if traders weren't already taking this cut into account. I would imagine that a higher/lower cut would have an affect. The £ has gained strength throughout the week removing the early week dip - any ideas why? Probably the $ falling slightly?

£ dropped quite a bit on Sun/Monday after rumours of the rate cut. I would be surprised if traders weren't already taking this cut into account. I would imagine that a higher/lower cut would have an affect. The £ has gained strength throughout the week removing the early week dip - any ideas why? Probably the $ falling slightly?

it is more or less where it finished last working week - very little range at the moment.

It's normally a few days early if it's certain it will go one way, but I can't say I've noticed any definitive move, it's perhaps only shifted +10p/t oz in the last few days. I'm going to average in over the next few hours, it's dipped a little.

It's normally a few days early if it's certain it will go one way, but I can't say I've noticed any definitive move, it's perhaps only shifted +10p/t oz in the last few days. I'm going to average in over the next few hours, it's dipped a little.

Careful Ker is trying to convince people it's going to $2.50 :lol:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....ost&p=93535

Oh dear... and $200 gold... Well if this happens then I'm exceptionally happy. It means I won't lose my job, the country isn't going to collapse under the weight of it's own debt, this isn't a depression and this crisis won't cause any wars. I think I'm going to sell my PM's and buy champagne and a house, life must be good! Let's take out some loans and get pished!

Oh dear... and $200 gold... Well if this happens then I'm exceptionally happy. It means I won't lose my job, the country isn't going to collapse under the weight of it's own debt, this isn't a depression and this crisis won't cause any wars. I think I'm going to sell my PM's and buy champagne and a house, life must be good! Let's take out some loans and get pished!

not a chance in hell of either happening - trying to predict price movements using TA and previous ups and downs with no emphasis on the reasons for these ups and downs is stupid, no better than astrology. Why people use this technique is beyond me - its unscientific and nonsense.

not a chance in hell of either happening - trying to predict price movements using TA and previous ups and downs with no emphasis on the reasons for these ups and downs is stupid, no better than astrology. Why people use this technique is beyond me - its unscientific and nonsense.

I am getting more convinced he is a government shill, sent to try and defend the dollar on as many gold boards as possible. So far I have spotted him on here, goldismoney and kitco. He seems to be always changing his bearish predictions, making them more scary by the day. Am also finding it strange as to why he is getting thanked for his "great charts" when nothing he predicts seems to be coming true.

We should all respond to his ridiculous claims and help protect the more easily influenced.

... Am also finding it strange as to why he is getting thanked for his "great charts" when nothing he predicts seems to be coming true. ...

Yeah, there is always an extremely thankful and keen other poster nearby. :lol:

... We should all respond to his ridiculous claims and help protect the more easily influenced.

Just let them go down. :P

I have a Goldmoney account but am now baulking at the cost involved of buying digital gold.

Looks like to buy between £6k - £60k worth I have to pay approx 4.2% (fees and spread combined) or approx 3.7% if I pay in Usd.

Typically how much over spot would you pay to buy physical bars?

I still like buying GLD and maybe GBS.L and of course Gold shares

I am studying the products of our new advertiser on GEI:

http://www.PreciousMetalsClub.com (see button at top)

&

new thread: http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=5873

I am getting more convinced he is a government shill, sent to try and defend the dollar on as many gold boards as possible. So far I have spotted him on here, goldismoney and kitco. He seems to be always changing his bearish predictions, making them more scary by the day. Am also finding it strange as to why he is getting thanked for his "great charts" when nothing he predicts seems to be coming true.

We should all respond to his ridiculous claims and help protect the more easily influenced.

I think he has stated before that he is a bull on gold in the long term. Who wouldn't be. What is the problem with being short term bearish... could be a good counter-balance to the "it is going to the moon tomorrow" view.

Also, how is calling someone who is bearish on gold a "government shill" any different from calling someone a "gold ramper" who is just trying to communicate a certain point of view?

I think he has stated before that he is a bull on gold in the long term. Who wouldn't be. What is the problem with being short term bearish... could be a good counter-balance to the "it is going to the moon tomorrow" view.

The long term! you mean after it has gone to $200 :lol:

He doesn't seem to be short term bearish to me. He has been saying that gold is going to £600 since it was $750, now he is saying it is going gold is going to $200, which is quite a bit more than short term bearish. Gold is just about to make a "Golden Cross" which is seen as a hugely positive thing by most who follow TA.

Just think he is changing the minds of the less well informed with his "great charts".

I still like buying GLD and maybe GBS.L and of course Gold shares

I am studying the products of our new advertiser on GEI:

http://www.PreciousMetalsClub.com (see button at top)

&

new thread: http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=5873

Bubb, I'm not seeing that button. I am in the IP Board guest skin.

EDIT: I lurve it when silver goes vertical*.

(* up)

The long term! you mean after it has gone to $200 :lol:

He doesn't seem to be short term bearish to me. He has been saying that gold is going to £600 since it was $750, now he is saying it is going gold is going to $200, which is quite a bit more than short term bearish. Gold is just about to make a "Golden Cross" which is seen as a hugely positive thing by most who follow TA.

Just think he is changing the minds of the less well informed with his "great charts".

People need to think not follow