SILVER

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just how high do you guys expect silver to go.. realistically & why ?

Ive read many articles and bought gold & little silver... but just need a little reasurrance before I part with a fraction of money im going to need next year :(

I expect the gold silver ratio to reach 5 (historically, we’ve got to 15 before). It’s currently 70+ (ish).

I expect gold to keep rising in price for a few more years.

Trader Dan (from JSMineSet) on Silver:

http://www.jsmineset.com/

Incidentally, the silver chart looks very, very impressive. The weekly continuous charts show it having run to the confluence of the 50 week and the 100 week moving average. Should it be able to close above those levels on Friday of this week, silver could ignite quite easily.

This struck me, because he does not often mention silver!

It's annoying me that the Au/Ag ratio is not coming down quickly enough! My silver is looking great from a toilet paper POV, but I'd like to buy more gold with it at some point. Patience.

It's annoying me that the Au/Ag ratio is not coming down quickly enough! My silver is looking great from a toilet paper POV, but I'd like to buy more gold with it at some point. Patience.

I don't want a diving ratio just yet! Not before I've got some more anyway ;)

Based on the historic behaviour of the ratio, it does seem better to go with Ag over Au right now.

Doh - bought some on Monday but the bulk of my funds for silver haven't yet been transferred, anyone see a nice dip in the near future? ;)

Yeah - Ker said it will go to 6.60....any minute now and it will be there?

Ker never did explain his logic to me for that prediction. But I am sure the kitco guys do have a sense of humour though....I and every other silver investor nearly had a heart attack when it dropped to 6.6 for a few seconds!

Maybe, but not before next year is my guess (he wants to speculate short term, apparently).

I'm hoping for a ratio of 25 before the end of the year. I don't think ratios below 15 will hold for any length of time*. I will be averaging my GM silver in to GM Gold from 50 downwards.

* This decade. Silver could be more expensive than gold when the economy recovers if some on the stuff posted in this thread comes true.

I'm hoping for a ratio of 25 before the end of the year. I don't think ratios below 15 will hold for any length of time*. I will be averaging my GM silver in to GM Gold from 50 downwards.

* This decade. Silver could be more expensive than gold when the economy recovers if some on the stuff posted in this thread comes true.

That is pretty optimistic! I don't say it is impossible, but my guess would be that it will take a little longer.

http://gold.approximity.com/since1968/Gold-Silver-Ratio.html

Gold-Silver-Ratio.png

http://gold.approximity.com/gold-silver_watch.html

Gold-Silver-Ratio_GUESS.png

:lol:

That's a great collection. I’ll have to WHAT THIS SPACE

Is there a way of trading silver that avoids the VAT and the dealer fees. They are quite expensive. It put me off in December, I'd only be breaking even about now. Is it a case of buying mining stocks?

Manufacturer: Heraeus

Weight: 1000.00 Gramm

Purity: 999 / 1000

Buy Price: £340.54

SELL NETTO PRICE: £388.10

SELL BRUTTO PRICE: £446.32

Brutto Price includes 15% VAT for customers from United Kingdom

Is there a way of trading silver that avoids the VAT and the dealer fees. They are quite expensive. It put me off in December, I'd only be breaking even about now. Is it a case of buying mining stocks?

not everyone's cup of tea, but little extra over spot

example

edit - you will take the 'hit' when you sell. c.5% ebay fees & possibly c.5% paypal fees unless you can persuade your buyer of alternatives

you may be able to claw back some fees by re-selling coins of numismatic value (i.e. at a greater % over spot) such as reasonably worn george 3 / vict crowns, half-crown bundles etc.

I agree with Double Agent - Post #447

And

50% silver coins (Pre 1947 UK) go for less than spot price on ebay. The 29kg DA has posted above will probably go quite cheap - Post #443

You can use this free tool to snipe auctions in the last seconds. It’s saved me a packet https://www.myibay.com/download/

80% of my in-hand holding is pre 1947 coins from ebay