SILVER

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At what level are people looking to buy silver? I am thinking of starting to pile in at around $12 - 12.50 if we see that soon.

Metals look darn strong here. I think this is in large part due to the QE factor. I will start buying on smaller dips rather than just waiting for the big one. Though will be keeping something in reserve for a big dip if it does eventuate.

Goldfinger, what's your plan for silver? Once you have multiplied your holdings by a factor of X do you plan to buy gold with it or anything else? Hopefully that isn't too personal a question.

I look forward to buying silver at $0.01/oz, if possible. :rolleyes: If not, I'll just buy and buy and buy at any price below $40, the 29-year old historic high that will be taken out easily in the not too distant future.

At what level are people looking to buy silver? I am thinking of starting to pile in at around $12 - 12.50 if we see that soon.

Metals look darn strong here. I think this is in large part due to the QE factor. I will start buying on smaller dips rather than just waiting for the big one. Though will be keeping something in reserve for a big dip if it does eventuate.

I'm buying silver with all my spare cash at the moment.

i'm just buying silver on a monthly basis (not much just what i can afford) when Silver:Gold hit's 50:1 I'll swap it into Gold and start buying Gold monthly.

I'm going to start swapping back at 50:1. I will change 10% of my GM silver holding to gold each time the ratio drops by 5

Goldfinger, what's your plan for silver? Once you have multiplied your holdings by a factor of X do you plan to buy gold with it or anything else? Hopefully that isn't too personal a question.

It will depend on how quick of a rise we will see. I might change some silver into gold at 35:1. But I don't really think silver will be done there. 20:1 or even 10:1 is possible IMHO.

http://gold.approximity.com/gold-silver_watch.html

Gold-Silver-Ratio_GUESS.png

http://gold.approximity.com/since1968/Gold-Silver-Ratio.html

Gold-Silver-Ratio.png

isn't the ratio between physically obtainable gold and physically obtainable silver already below 50?

In terms of total above-ground stocks I believe there is more gold than silver.

But this is because gold does not get used up, unlike silver which is being used up and a lot of it not recycled.

Thanks, we're think along the same lines, but I was thinking more 40:1, but I will review this as we go. After hearing the link posted by Steve on the gold thread, it makes me wonder if silver is the place to be with a longer term investment in mind. I can't fault what he says about silver, it's too cheap to recycle, scarcity will force price discovery.

http://www.thefinancialtube.com/video/3551...orceanalysiscom

Interestingly, I just had a look at a historical rhodium chart and yes it does go from 500 to 10,000, what he doesn't tell you is it had the hell smacked out of it back to 1,000 late last year.

I think I want to buy some more 5KG bars :)

It will depend on how quick of a rise we will see. I might change some silver into gold at 35:1. But I don't really think silver will be done there. 20:1 or even 10:1 is possible IMHO.

I look forward to buying silver at $0.01/oz, if possible. :rolleyes: If not, I'll just buy and buy and buy at any price below $40, the 29-year old historic high that will be taken out easily in the not too distant future.

This makes sense if you think currencies will be destroyed and you believe prices are going to infinity and beyond. I do not believe they will be destroyed but will rather be debased to half of their former worth. Buying willy nilly will no doubt leave you in good stead at the end of the day. However, buying circumspectly may make quite a difference. For example, the difference between being able to own a suburban house on the one hand, or being able to own productive property on the other. I know which I would prefer.

here's a couple of mp3 audio downloads for all you nokia n95/i phone lo-fi readers out there (inc. me!)

ker report weekend special feat. david morgan amongst others:

http://www.kereport.com/WeekendSpecial/051609LiveShow1.mp3

http://www.kereport.com/WeekendSpecial/051609LiveShow2.mp3

I have not listened to them myself yet, but now they're linked here I will be able to get them on my phone tomorrow at work ;)

wow, silverbugs are optimists , I'd say the best of the GSR is behind us , gold should outperform silver going forward

I think you are totally wrong on that. When gold performs well, silver performs better, as the gold price goes up the GSR will come down.

Call me an optimist, time will tell.

I think you are totally wrong on that. When gold performs well, silver performs better, as the gold price goes up the GSR will come down.

Call me an optimist, time will tell.

I'm looking for a top in here for a bit 950-960 , so resistance here might turn the ratio around as well. As for the levered effects of silver I'll agree on the downside, but between 08->09 silver is underperforming gold on the upside