SILVER

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a look. Nice to see spot silver on the chart.

Months back somebody mentioned September as a possible start month.

They have a new photo on the site, I suppose when they got the Queen's award:

team.jpg

I was told by BV that they had a september target to start silver.

ag0365lf_ma1111.gif

Silver looking super bullish here. How high can it go??

I think it might take out the previous peak soon and keep going..... 18 anyone?

It got past $21 in March 08, I think we are now on our way to at least $30 :)

This here puts things into perspective. Note the use of massaged government CPI numbers.

I wonder who is going to be the Hunt brothers this time ;)

Imagine if someone came along with enough clout to corner the silver market and stood for delivery with the massive short position held currently, where would that send the price.

Unwillng to hazard a guess in the dollar?

This high: $14.83 (2 hours ago)

Next stop: $9.87 $10.87 $11.87 (within a month)

Final desitnation: $(0.67274 x The Moon)

More confident that the pound will strengthen befor being toasted? :)

Yes

EDITED TWICE

BofE extends QE by £50bn. I didn’t expect that. All my predictions are void.

Next Stop HYPERINFLATION

:lol:

Why don't they just buy £50bn worth of US dollars if they want to devalue the currency? QE might not do diddly and what a lot of debt.

Yep, just notice the pound is taking a hit.

Edited

:lol:

Why don't they just buy £50bn worth of US dollars if they want to devalue the currency? QE might not do diddly and what a lot of debt.

Don’t worry about the debt. Apparently we can pay it off by printing more money. And we can also use the extra printed money to buy true love, real friends and happiness. Everything is going to work out perfectly :)

(The goal is to increase the money supply. Buying USD with printed GBP could cause the Fed to carry out an equal & opposite transaction. )

Don’t worry about the debt. Apparently we can pay it off by printing more money. And we can also use the extra printed money to buy true love, real friends and happiness. Everything is going to work out perfectly :)

(The goal is to increase the money supply. Buying USD with printed GBP could cause the Fed to carry out an equal & opposite transaction. )

Yep, numbskull monetarists! It is all going to end in tears. :lol:

Then again, maybe with so much money about we won't have to work!!

This high: $14.83 (2 hours ago)

Next stop: $9.87 $10.87 $11.87 (within a month)

Final desitnation: $(0.67274 x The Moon)

Yes

EDITED TWICE

You may need to edit this again :)

$14.91 now

Yep, numbskull monetarists! It is all going to end in tears. :lol:

Then again, maybe with so much money about we won't have to work!!

Helicopter Ben has been passing his theory of how to sort this mess to Merv ;) Ben will be next with an extension to the 300...

I wonder who is going to be the Hunt brothers this time ;)

Imagine if someone came along with enough clout to corner the silver market and stood for delivery with the massive short position held currently, where would that send the price.

The Hunt's (as most peoples') problem in the end was leverage.

If someone comes in and does this without credit (no leverage), then it's GAME OVER for the paper shorts. This applies to gold and silver. The challenge is to stay clear of banks/credit. If you don't, they'll find a way to kill you, like the Hunts had to experience.

Anyone got a spare billion in cash? :o

The Hunt's (as most peoples') problem in the end was leverage.

If someone comes in and does this without credit (no leverage), then it's GAME OVER for the paper shorts. This applies to gold and silver. The challenge is to stay clear of banks/credit. If you don't, they'll find a way to kill you, like the Hunts had to experience.

Anyone got a spare billion in cash? :o

Bill Gates?

These are my best guesses.

Stock Markets – Depends on QE. The stock markets will keep going up for as long as QE lasts. Institutional investors are selling their Gilts/Bonds to Central Banks leaving them with cash to buy stocks, commodities and more Gilts/Bonds. I don’t expect the BofE to extend their gilt purchases this week; instead I think they will focus the next £25bn entirely on commercial paper/bonds. This could lead to a short sharp correction in the markets and allow a nice entry point for some extra silver. GBP could also strengthen a touch at the same time maybe 1.75 vs USD.

................................................................................

Looks as if you're on the right lines there ziknk, another £75bln for purchasing commercial debt and that's just for starters I reckon. So much for green shoots and stability... ;)

Ok so we have:

Me, $18

Pixel8r, $30

And goldfinger, presumably at $100 plus.

Any other predictions?

Can I play?

<$10/oz within six months...

Looks as if you're on the right lines there ziknk, another £75bln for purchasing commercial debt and that's just for starters I reckon. So much for green shoots and stability... ;)

It’s more fair to say, “I got it completely wrong”.

I thought they would focus on commercial paper. This would not have pumped the stock markets.

Instead it looks like they have gone for more of the same (Gilts). This will keep pumping the stock markets.

Silver will not go down significantly (in GBP) for the next three month. Trust me on this one, I am never wrong :rolleyes:

Ok so we have:

Me, $18

Pixel8r, $30

And goldfinger, presumably at $100 plus.

Any other predictions?

But when?

I expect silver to go to at least half a day's average wage in a first world country.

I haven't the foggiest what that will be in fiat monopoly money and I don't know exactly how many years it will take.