SILVER

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think buy silver with goldmoney is the cheapest way to by physical - or silver bags from the US

The bags must be heavy, is it possible/viable/safe to get them shipped to the UK and from whom?

TIA

This is a slightly different way of looking at things IMO.

Dynamics of the Silver Price Revolution

By: Vincent Bressler

-- Posted 14 June, 2008

http://news.silverseek.com/SilverSeek/1213458334.php

Recently, when silver was topping out at around $21 per ounce, there was an acute shortage of silver available for investing. This investment demand problem threatened to kick silver into an industrial deficit driven price revolution. The problem was resolved via unofficial rationing. New silver eagles and new 100 ounce bars have become increasingly unavailable since that time. In fact the time required to get new 100 ounce silver bars continues to increase. However, as the futures market price of silver went down from $21 dollars per ounce, weak hands holding silver once again have come forward to sell. The weak hands fear further price declines and are unable to wait because of financial stress. I monitor this by watching the prices on ebay. These prices have begun to converge with the futures price for the nearest delivery month. Smart, strong hands are buying this cheap silver. The silver price at this point in the cycle (illustrated below) is the Optimal Point, the point where Maximum Surplus of silver is available to investors beyond that which is consumed by industrial demand.

Thought this was interesting

http://the-moneychanger.com/commandments.phtml

Ten Commandments For Buying Gold & Silver :

I. Always take delivery

II. Never buy premium if you can avoid it.

III. Buy bullion for business, numismatics for fun.

IV. Buy silver first, then gold.

V. Buy small gold first, then large.

VI. Never buy exotic coins or modern rarities or anything you don't understand.

VII. Know your dealer.

VIII. What governments can't find, they can't steal.

IX. Never swap bullion coins for U.S. $20 gold pieces.

X. Never break the law.

I'm curious as to why? Is it just the premium?

A gold Brittania has a face value 50 times that of a silver Brittania. What happens when industry is screaming for delivery of silver and there is a real shortage?

With gold having a high specific gravity it can't be adulterated in such a way that it will pass a SG test unless the price of platinum goes lower than gold, most unlikely. I can see a situation where silver is needed more and more but if the price exceeds that of gold, then gold can be used as a filler by cheats. Again, unlikely that silver price exceeds gold because of their relative SGs.

How close can the gold/silver price ratio get?

I'm curious as to why? Is it just the premium?

A gold Brittania has a face value 50 times that of a silver Brittania. What happens when industry is screaming for delivery of silver and there is a real shortage?

With gold having a high specific gravity it can't be adulterated in such a way that it will pass a SG test unless the price of platinum goes lower than gold, most unlikely. I can see a situation where silver is needed more and more but if the price exceeds that of gold, then gold can be used as a filler by cheats. Again, unlikely that silver price exceeds gold because of their relative SGs.

How close can the gold/silver price ratio get?

Everyone likes to talk about an historical ratio of 15:1.

Phag took a bit of humping today though :blink: , added some more

mmmm.... memories of being shafted in the 70's may still linger with the hunts. I suggest if they do position themselves someone else could be on the end of the shafting.

Do you think a huge move in silver could be manufactured to distract attention from accumulation in gold? or vice versa perhaps?

I like silver...its frisky and naughty

It looks like it's ready to explode upwards

I just bough £1k of silver coins yesterday from coininvestdirect.

I have been buying gold coins since November - not a massive amount but now got about 25% of my STR fund in physical gold now. What split gold:sliver do you think is sensible?

It looks like it's ready to explode upwards

Hello cgnao,

I have wanted to say hello for a long time... but.... i was an exile of housepricecrash.co.uk a long time ago

and was unable to log on.

I like reading your posts, good to see you over here.

got to give you a bit of thanks here Cuthbert, your moneyweek newsletter a couple of weeks ago showing how silver was bouncing off of $16.50 persuaded me to get in around $16.80. up a nice little bit in my SB account.

Likewise - I got in at $16.73 and very happy I did. Thanks Cuthbert!