SILVER

Really not too sure how much of a visionary Bob Hoye is, he seems quite blinkered to me.

Hoye's been wrong all summer long (and then some) with that call. I decided not to renew my half-price subscription - you don't miss much just by keeping an eye on his stuff released on 321gold and Howestreet really.

Still, things feel 'unstable'.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoye's been wrong all summer long (and then some) with that call. I decided not to renew my half-price subscription - you don't miss much just by keeping an eye on his stuff released on 321gold and Howestreet really.

Still, things feel 'unstable'.

I didn't renew my subscription either. I felt like a lot of the stuff was going over my head, sadly. :doh:

But that isn't to say Hoye is wrong, in my opinion. As they say, "You can be right, but you can be right too early."

Still, better than being late.

I do agree things feel unstable.

I think this is really in the balance and my views on this change with the wind. Is the silver that was sold in the deleveraging seen last year now in strong hands I wonder...

It may or may not happen. I wouldn't bet the house on it, or all my stash, but markets are looking vulnerable.

All it would take is something to come out of Europe, then a renewed credit crisis, and then watch out below.

I think this is really in the balance and my views on this change with the wind. Is the silver that was sold in the deleveraging seen last year now in strong hands I wonder...

the ride up from the nov lows has seen 2 marked instances of profit taking with $15 & $16 being taken out. Hence, one would assume that there has been a high % turnover between some 'hands'

the ride up from the nov lows has seen 2 marked instances of profit taking with $15 & $16 being taken out. Hence, one would assume that there has been a high % turnover between some 'hands'

Perhaps they took profits and then bought again at lower prices? I know I wish I had! :lol:

G:S ratio turning up again from yesterday, now 64.58.

wehey - silver just had a wee shoot for the sky

yes, it has! I like it once we get into Porsche models. We've gone through the 911, the 924 and the 928. Now we're onto the 944 and hopefully the really swank ones after that. :lol:

so how come CID are charging £15 (inc vat) per 1oz coin then, if spot is only £9-£10 ?

what am I missing ?

gordos cut (vat) + variable premium

brits are limited to 100000 so prem. is high / kooks ltd. to 300000 if my memory serves me correct

phillies, maples and eagles are not limited unless the mints stop (happened last year with eagles)

The desire to have something physical in your hand rather than a promise on a piece of paper...

sorry I am assuming you know my stance. I am a full believer in pm's & only physical.

my point was, why not just buy from a local dealer(s) for just straight spot price then ? negating the other charges.

Obviously depending on the amount, I mean I have just ordered 10 x 1kg bars & 400 x 1oz coins as my first proper order.

I am also buying gold at the same time, but not in the same quantities obviously. :unsure:

gordos cut (vat) + variable premium

brits are limited to 100000 so prem. is high / kooks ltd. to 300000 if my memory serves me correct

phillies, maples and eagles are not limited unless the mints stop (happened last year with eagles)

h'mmm......

so you would have to be hoping for large increases to be buying at these current prices then.

I have already made my choice btw, pm's all the way. I am now putting my money (euros) where my mouth was in 2007/8. :D

for those unfamiliar with my finances I have just sold a property in France, hence I haven't bought much/many pm's in 2007 & 2008, purely down to having no available cash. That was hard, I tell you....... :(

It was to stop Mrs GOM from buying a UK property in 2006 on our return from France (as she wanted to sell the French house then). She is fully onside now, thank fook.

fwiw - I am in the total cg dollar collapse, armageddon scenario & have been since 2007

h'mmm......

so you would have to be hoping for large increases to be buying at these current prices then.

I have already made my choice btw, pm's all the way. I am now putting my money (euros) where my mouth was in 2007/8. :D

for those unfamiliar with my finances I have just sold a property in France, hence I haven't bought much/many pm's in 2007 & 2008, purely down to having no available cash. That was hard, I tell you....... :(

It was to stop Mrs GOM from buying a UK property in 2006 on our return from France (as she wanted to sell the French house then). She is fully onside now, thank fook.

fwiw - I am in the total cg dollar collapse, armageddon scenario & have been since 2007

UK ebay sale prices tend to reflect vat and premiums / but you are correct that buying silver is a longer term game unless you think a price explosion is imminent

me - i just like the shiny coins :P;) i would like to offload some silver if the price spikes in the near term but will definitely be holding some for the longer term (more numismatic coins long term)

h'mmm......

At CID they quote their buy and sell prices.

Real coins and bars are more expensive than spot as they have to be minted, transported and all the middle-men need to make a profit. Then add VAT.

CID's buy price is well over spot as has generally been the case and of course, their sell price yet higher.

It's what you have to pay to have a recognisable lump of silver in your personal possession.