SILVER

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Own up who's fingers are hovering over the sell button....? What price indicator are you looking for?

I placed another order today (this morning), I paid euros 15.29 (16.68 EUR ) per coin & euros 363 (396.00 EUR) for the 1 kg bars +vat

they are now euros 17.15 & euros 467 + vat.

glad I placed it now. unsure.gif

edit - oops, wrong order, that was one from a few days ago. todays prices that I paid are in brackets.

Own up who's fingers are hovering over the sell button....? What price indicator are you looking for?

I am looking for $100 minimum, but selling will depend mostly on what gold is doing and what the g:s-ratio looks like. I'd say we should look out for gold-DJIA at 1:1 or better, and g:s below 20:1.

I'm not. If it goes to something like EUR 16 or 17 I might consider selling a % or depending on the G:S ratio swap for gold (if it's 50 or less).

I've been averaging in since the spring and want to keep it as more of a long-term investment.

I have a little of my silver cash left so I'm hoping for a dip.

I placed another order today (this morning), I paid euros 15.29 (16.68 EUR ) per coin & euros 363 (396.00 EUR) for the 1 kg bars +vat

they are now euros 17.15 & euros 467 + vat.

glad I placed it now. unsure.gif

edit - oops, wrong order, that was one from a few days ago. todays prices that I paid are in brackets.

If you're in it for the long term in a few years you will look at these prices as remarkably cheap.

I wish I had some serious money back in 2003. I would have loaded up at EUR 5 (liitle more than a packet of cigarettes or a beer in an expensive bar).

Gold was under USD 325 when I became a gold bull back at the end of 2002. I was too poor to take advantage then.

Looking back though it would have required lots and lots of patience to hold on all those years.

Do you have a GoldMoney account? It's a good way to buy VAT-free investment silver.

If you sign up via this site you get the first 6 months' storage for free.

<cue music>

Get yourself some silver

and hide it away

for a rainy day.

:)

you really think silver could go that high GF.....

I must admit I was going in all gold until about 1 month ago.

I expect silver to go to half a day's work at least, maybe a whole day.

If an average UK house goes to 100 oz gold (which I think likely in a few years) and if the G:S ratio goes to 20:1 that would be 2000 oz silver per house.

I believe that these are very realistic expectations going on the historical record. They may go to greater extremes e.g. house for 60 oz gold, G:S 15:1 (the long-term historical average) which would mean a house for 900 oz silver - about 3 years' salary at 1 oz per day's work.

If you're in it for the long term in a few years you will look at these prices as remarkably cheap.

I wish I had some serious money back in 2003. I would have loaded up at EUR 5 (liitle more than a packet of cigarettes or a beer in an expensive bar).

Gold was under USD 325 when I became a gold bull back at the end of 2002. I was too poor to take advantage then.

Looking back though it would have required lots and lots of patience to hold on all those years.

Do you have a GoldMoney account? It's a good way to buy VAT-free investment silver.

If you sign up via this site you get the first 6 months' storage for free.

<cue music>

Get yourself some silver

and hide it away

for a rainy day.

:)

would you believe that I hadn't even thought of buying gold until 2007. :( at least my children will be aware.

I don't fancy the goldmoney option tbh.

If an average UK house goes to 100 oz gold (which I think likely in a few years) and if the G:S ratio goes to 20:1 that would be 2000 oz silver per house.

You'll know you have done very well when you'll buy an average house with 3,000 oz of silver. If you buy it for 1,000 oz, you'll have been a perfect timer.*

*Now, that's assuming history repeats. :)

At the moment you would need more than 15,000 oz to buy one.

http://gold.approximity.com/1979-1980/UK_H..._in_Silver.html

UK_House_Prices_in_Silver.png

Hmmm, i lve been talking with the wife about selling 7%ish to finish off paying back my student loan, maybe a little bit more to exchange into yen for holiday money. I suppose after the 'double top' last time, I'm a bit more aware of the speculation side of things to drive the market. But I also fearing the day I try to get clever with things is the day I seriously misjudge what's going to happen next :)

I'll be watching golds next assault on $1000, keeping an eye out for false breakouts up or down in order to decide what to do. I've more silver than gold, but look to gold as an indicator for how silvers going to behave.

I am looking for $100 minimum, but selling will depend mostly on what gold is doing and what the g:s-ratio looks like. I'd say we should look out for gold-DJIA at 1:1 or better, and g:s below 20:1.

I agree. 50 bucks deffo, 100 hmmm maybe for silver, $2000 for gold probably, say within 5 years.

I agree. 50 bucks deffo, 100 hmmm maybe for silver, $2000 for gold probably, say within 5 years.

Did you forget a 0 here? I mean, we were at almost $900 29 years ago! There has been a LOT of inflation since then. Even if we went into a torrent of deflation, I see $5,000 minimum.

Seems like alot of talk about prices going higher - could be an indicator that prices have already topped for now.

Is Ag ready to overshoot on a short term correction anytime soon? (watching out for heavy volume selling)

Buying opportunity awaits? :P

The buying opportunity has passed you by over the last year and half :P

:D Great reply, I like your bullishness. $100/t oz would be extremely nice... I agree on gold/DJIA, but G:S @ 20:1 sounds a little too optimistic to me. What range will you look to average in to gold, 30-20:1 or will you go out with a bang?

Long term, assuming the current linear rate of silver consumption you can't fail IMO. Silver could be the commodity of the decade...

I'm not. If it goes to something like EUR 16 or 17 I might consider selling a % or depending on the G:S ratio swap for gold (if it's 50 or less).

I've been averaging in since the spring and want to keep it as more of a long-term investment.

I have a little of my silver cash left so I'm hoping for a dip.

We have similar views, I want to take advantage of this volatility by swapping from S2G and then back again, but today’s action has me frozen in fear. I said a few posts ago, I wonder if silver is now in strong hands, I'm still wondering... Next week will be interesting to say the least.

Hmmm, i lve been talking with the wife about selling 7%ish to finish off paying back my student loan, maybe a little bit more to exchange into yen for holiday money. I suppose after the 'double top' last time, I'm a bit more aware of the speculation side of things to drive the market. But I also fearing the day I try to get clever with things is the day I seriously misjudge what's going to happen next

I'll be watching golds next assault on $1000, keeping an eye out for false breakouts up or down in order to decide what to do. I've more silver than gold, but look to gold as an indicator for how silvers going to behave.

The buying opportunity has passed you by over the last year and half :P

I bought in with a much weaker dollar (£1=$2) averaging in during this time and bought near the low of $8.40 @$8.81 (able to buy 50% more metal at this price)

I was able to buy a large quantity of Ag at low prices.

I also sold during this time near the high within the last four days of February when there was a much stronger dollar. (watching out for heavy volume selling)

My gains being around 15% higher than those achievable now despite the recent highs.

I bought Au in 2006 (equivalent deposit on house) at $605 (£315) and bought with the proceeds from my Ag sell more Au near $900 with a stronger £ relative to dollar.

Buy Low - Sell High ;)