SILVER

The risk of colloidal silver?

A Look Back at the Man Who Turned Blue | The Oprah Winfrey Show | Oprah Winfrey Network

Published on Sep 3, 2014

Original airdate: February 19, 2008

In 2008, the world met Paul Karason, a man who literally turned blue after taking copious amounts of colloidal silver, a once-popular home remedy, having both drunk it and rubbed it on his skin. Five years later, at 62 years old, this medical wonder and Internet sensation died of a heart attack unrelated to his silver intake. Watch the original Oprah Show interview as Oprah and Dr. Oz listen to Paul's story and try to figure out exactly how the shocking transformation came to be.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KITCO Articles

HSBC Lowers ’15, ’16 Silver Forecasts Despite Growing Supply Deficit - Kitco News, May 11 2015 4:14PM

Gold Weaker Amid Bearish Technicals, Outside Markets - Kitco News, May 11 2015 1:28PM

Does Gold Have A Strong Base? - Frank Holmes - Kitco Video News, May 11 2015 1:59PM

=== ===

Despite tighter silver supplies, commodity analysts at HSBC are lowering their price forecast for 2015 and 2016, the international bank said in a report Monday.

The bank said that it now expects silver prices to average $17.05 an ounce in 2015 and $18.25 an ounce for 2016, down from their previous forecast of $17.65 and $20.50, respectively. At the same time, the bank left its 2017 and long-term forecast unchanged at $12 and $24, respectively.

0511m.jpg

“While the underlying supply/demand fundamentals are supportive, weak investment demand has weighed on prices; a reversal in the USD and better commodity prices may improve investor demand,” the bank said in the report.

Like gold, the silver market has been negatively impacted by an over-powering U.S. dollar in the wake of growing expectations that the Federal Reserve will hike rates sometime this year, the analysts said; however, they do see some positives in the marketplace that should help support prices.

The bank said that the biggest support for the silver market will be a widening of the metal’s supply deficit. They are expecting the deficit to grow to 87 million ounces, from 5 million ounces last year.

According to the report, HSBC expects to see total silver supply to be about 1.025 billion ounces with demand totaling about 1.112 billion ounces.

SLV and GLD vs. TLT ... update

Solar2_zps7xher7nx.gif

Greece and European Union/International Monetary Fund negotiations on Greece’s debt restructuring continued Monday, as Tuesday is the deadline for Greece to make a 750 million Euro payment to the IMF. The Euro currency was under pressure Monday due to worries Greece will default on this week’s payment or future debt payments. Short-term Greece government bonds saw yields above 20% Monday, which is not a good signal of European Union investor confidence in Greece surviving in its present form in the EU. Early on today, gold did see some slight safe-haven demand from the situation.

The Bank of England held its interest rates unchanged following its regular meeting Monday. No BOE rate change was expected.

The London P.M. fix is $1,189.25 versus the previous A.M. fixing of $1,184.75.

Technically, June gold futures prices closed near mid-range today. Gold bears have the firm overall near-term technical advantage. Prices are in a down-trending channel on the daily bar chart...

July silver futures prices closed nearer the session low today. Silver bears have the firm overall near-term technical advantage. Bulls’ next upside price breakout objective is closing prices above solid technical resistance at the May high of $16.765 an ounce. The next downside price breakout objective for the bears is closing prices below solid support at the April low of $15.595.

. . .

Kitco News kicks off the week with Frank Holmes as gold prices see a bit of a boost Monday morning following a surprise rate cut from China and worries over Greece’s debt problems. Although gold is back down, Frank says he thinks the metal has a strong base. “I think the demand out of China…is going to be substantially greater this year.” Frank also comments on gold stocks and how he sees the GDX and GDXJ performing better. “Gold stocks are leading the way,” he says.

How I explain MOMA / MOMC :

A Solar Turn?
I trade gold, and monitor daily price moves closely. I have the feeling that Gold may be getting set for a big move up in the near future, and that may coincide with a drop in stocks. Remember that old saying: "Sell in May, and go away."? Well, maybe it is time to pay very close attention to these markets, and start making some portfolio shifts.
This week, I started buying Puts on the S&P500, and Calls on Gold and Silver.
One of the arcane ratios I watch is the Ratio: Gold-to-Bonds. This is the ratio between two major "safe haven" assets: the most portable tangible asset (Gold) and so-called "risk free paper", ie US dollar denominated fixed income assets (T-Bonds.) If you look at this as a Ratio of Gold-to-Bonds, the ratio made a very clear bottom on March 20, 2015 - And I now call the day of the upturn the "moment of maximum complacency" - people were so very complacent, thinking that dollar bonds were completely safe, and there was little or no need to think of the relative safety that tangible assets, precious metals, can provide..
The SLV-Silver -to- TLT Ratio is also confirming a new uptrend
AB_zpsq2tkfaja.png
I looked to see if there was anything special which had happened on that day. Amazingly, it turned out to be the very day of a rare, Total Solar eclipse!
If you want to discover even more major changes that happened around that time, and seem to have trigger some important trend-changes, have a look at the charts, and the comments that I posted on my GEI website:
http:www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=20038
I hope this proves of some interest to you. Feel free to pass on the link and comments.
A short cut link is : http://tinyurl.com/MaxApathy

Gold / USD / china gold // gdx : n s a : / Gold : $1,240.0 x .781 = 968.5 (Key Resistance = Eur.975)

Au100g0.png?id=11406031121 : t24_au_en_usoz_6.gif : 24hr-euro-small.gif : t24_au_en_euoz_2.gif

AG - T + D / Calculations

AgTD0.png?id=11409221917 : t24_ag_en_usoz_2.gif: 3-days
> SGE - Site : http://www.sge.sh/publish/sgeen/index.htm
Calculations:

09/26-Close: Rmb3,870 /6.127 x 35.274: $17.91 vs cmx-AG: $17.65 = prem.+$0.26

10/08-10am: Rmb3,846 /6.140 = $ 626.4 / 35.274 = $17.76-17.19 (prem. 57 cents)
10/08-12Nn: Rmb3,815 /6.140 = $ 621.3 / 35.274 = $17.61-17.14 (prem. 46 cents)

(Previously, I have observed a discount of about 20 cents)
==============

Silver (+$0.62) and Gold ($21) - are looking good today (as I had expected !)

But I do mind the gaps, since these gaps nearly always get filled (eventually - but we could get 3 gaps first)

SLV ...update

SLV-6mo_zpsic3wx2ve.gif

SLV / Silver etf - Mind the Gaps ! : 10-days : 6-mos / GLD: 10-days : 6-mos / GDX: 10-days : 6-mos / GDXvGLD

SLV_zps6dygon00.gif

I did ! I counted 3-gaps... and I chose not to be "wedded" to my position, despite the set-up I like so much for Gold.

And so I sold my July-SLV calls for a 50%+ profit, and June-GLD calls for an larger profit

I will probably be seeking a re-rentry point after a decent correction.

The lack of "impulse" power in this move, and the declining volume as SLV rose were other factor in the decision to take profits.

As were the weaker GDX versus GLD. In short, there seem to be too many "clues" that this move was weak.

Not yet.

If I buy today, I want it a bit cheaper. / SLV under $16 (?)

Else, at the LOD level tomorrow or Thursday

• 3 weeks later...

http://kingworldnews.com/the-coming-financial-shockwave-and-one-of-the-most-ominous-graphs-ive-seen-in-my-50-year-career/

The Coming Financial Shockwave And One Of The Most Ominous Graphs I’ve Seen In My 50-Year Career

The common theme running through the above points is counterparty risk. The risks of default are without a doubt continuing to worsen, with the consequence that tangible assets are still the best place to be

In this regard, this long-term chart is showing a very clear picture of the great prospects for silver, which I think is the most underpriced asset in the world.

KWN-Turk-I-682015.jpg

..... this “cup and handle” pattern continues to develop.

This pattern being developed makes this chart without a doubt one of the most ominous charts I have ever seen in my 50-year career, and I have seen a lot.

... a long-term chart like this one ..... will help you identify an underpriced asset that is being accumulated by strong hands, and second, it will keep you on the right side of the market because this chart is shouting “higher prices are coming."

• 3 weeks later...

http://kingworldnews.com/the-coming-financial-shockwave-and-one-of-the-most-ominous-graphs-ive-seen-in-my-50-year-career/

The Coming Financial Shockwave And One Of The Most Ominous Graphs I’ve Seen In My 50-Year Career

The common theme running through the above points is counterparty risk. The risks of default are without a doubt continuing to worsen, with the consequence that tangible assets are still the best place to be

In this regard, this long-term chart is showing a very clear picture of the great prospects for silver, which I think is the most underpriced asset in the world.

KWN-Turk-I-682015.jpg

..... this “cup and handle” pattern continues to develop.

How many times will he redraw that chart with the handle drifting lower? This one from 2013 and I;m sure there are earlier ones with a shallower handle. I like JT but his price and timing calls are usually lowsy. Then again, I;ve got some silver so won;t be sad if he's right.

Silver%2016%20Aug%202013.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.roadtoroota.com/public/1606.cfm

The Silver Manipulation Con Continues at the Highest Levels of Government

... since the Mint began selling Silver Eagles again on Monday the amounts have been rising dramatically. So much so that on Thursday the July totals hit 5,529,000 coins sold even though they were closed for half the month.

On the surface it's been very positive news for silver bugs but what struck me as CRIMINAL MANIPULATION was that the US Mint STOPPED adding sales on Thursday at that specific amount 5,529,000 and added ZERO sales on Friday.

Why did they stop adding to the sales data? Because anything more than that amount would have made HEADLINES!!! You see, the largest sales month in 2015 so far was January where the Mint sold 5,530,000 Silver Eagles.

They are running out of physical!

Ack! It's Starting! The 'bleed-out (of inventory)' for 'bullion dealers' leading to forecast biz collapses:http://investmentresearchdynamics.com/provident-metals-defaults-on-delivery-of-rcm-10-oz-bars/

Provident Metals Defaults On Delivery Of RCM 10 oz. Bars

Silver has a very good day yesterday

SLV / Silver ... update: 2-years : 10-days :: $14.54 : +0.43 : +3.05% (hi: 14.72 / lo: 14.23) Vol. 9.76 mn

/ Silver: $15.23 /Slv = 1.04745 : +4.75% premium

SLV_zpsui2kwvw8.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Gold versus Silver charts : : $1124.8 / $14.08 : R-79.89 / Target: 82.50

GLD / gold ... update : 3-yrs : all-data

GLD_zpsxgscyj0g.gif

SLV / silver ... update

SLV_zpsp6mocpoi.gif

Ratio : $1124.8 / $14.08 : R-79.89 // GLD:$107.67 / SLV:$13.56 : R-7.94

Gold-toSilver_zpskfjkqnkb.png

Massive Rallies "Dead-Ahead" For Gold, Silver - and Oil !?
(suggests Paul Thomason, Editor, Elliott Wave Analytics)

Massive Rallies "Dead-Ahead" For Gold, Silver - and Oil !?
(suggests Paul Thomason, Editor, Elliott Wave Analytics)

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Nearly two years ago now.

I am saying that if the TPTB manage to actually properly destroy this bull market -- as would be indicated by sustained lower prices like $11 for silver (as suggested not by me but the OP) -- then I'm suggesting we enter a full on alice-in-wonderland of financial repression. As in a full on police state of capital controls with every price rigged and zero free markets. It s a frightening prospect akin to entering some sort of Dark Ages, but it cant be ruled out IMO

http://usawatchdog.com/plunge-protection-team-losing-control-of-markets-jim-sinclair/

Plunge Protection Team Losing Control of Markets-Jim Sinclair

On gold, Sinclair says, “I didn’t call the top in gold in 1980 because of any kind of a system. I was told, I acted on what I was told.”

His sources are talking again, and Sinclair says he was told: “Number one, the downside on gold is extraordinarily limited here. Two, the rally we are facing that will come in gold is going to be stupendous. Three, they tell me we may never call you back because this may be the rally you don’t sell. This may be the rally you don’t sell because gold is moving from a currency form to a valuation form. . . . This may be the last time we call you means this is a rally that is not meant to be sold. What is coming up in front of us is the Great Reset where currencies wear their gold like ladies wear a necklace, and the most beautiful necklace will be the strongest currency. The ladies without the necklace won’t be invited to the ball. Huge changes are coming. The dollar is always going to be with us, and the yuan and all of the currencies are still going to be there. We are not going to one single currency..... The two last men standing will be gold and gold on steroids—silver.”

Silver is best understood as gold on steroids because whatever potential and direction is taken up by gold, silver will be multiplied by 2 or by 5. . . .Silver will outperform gold.”