GEI code of conduct for posters

some posters got out of hand.

i have been too busy, and had too much travel recently to cope with it,

and some old mods visit less frequently

clearly, gei needs some new mods.

there's a new poll on that - please vote

I think you have lost one of the most informed & intelligent (& very connected imo ;) ) posters on this forum.

I perhaps have a different perspective of cdswamp as I have exchanged many personal emails with him. Whilst I agree he is 'very lively' & sometimes posts 'on the fly' to response's that he may not agree with, I think you have become your worst fear TPTB.

NiceJim made a highly inappropriate reference to cdswamp & yet nothing was said about that (not one thing actually), to me it's all about cliques not freedom of speech. I have been a bit busy the last few days so didn't get involved as I was also curious to see what would happen without cdswamp getting any backup.

To reiterate I think we/you have lost one of the best posters that I have seen on any forum.

Also, just ask yourself why did cgnao stop posting ? We lost THE most informed poster imo, who called many turns in gold (to the day usually) & gave advance warning of just about everything. The same thing happened to cgnao on hpc & he left there.

There will always be '2 camps' in every village. I seem to be in both camps, BUT if I had to choose a camp, I would choose cdswamp's camp (some will be no doubt glad to hear :P ) because I do believe he would be a better overall judge, if he was judging me in a matter. perhaps the best moderators never want to be moderators.

I do think the pivatal point was when NiceJim (perhaps you should rethink that name) called cdswamp that name (I can't remember the actual word, but that was a horrible thing to say imo), that fired cdswamp up even more & things escalated from there because no-one intervened from the mod team. If you are to have some rules then they need to be applied fairly.

It's human nature to like people who have the same opinion as yourself BUT without contrarian points of view we are all doomed. Good contrarian points of view come at a high maintenance cost. Those of you who manage or have managed, it's always harder to run a team of 4 technical engineers rather than 30 telesales staff now isn't it ?

I do think cdswamp made/makes a few mistakes yes, he is not perfect, neither am I, nor are you.

Goldfinger I am surprised at you asking for a Governing Council tbh (don't quite understand that one, especially from you)......isn't that exactly what we don't want, more levels of management ? I mean it's not like GEI is that big of a site/board now is it.

I do think you need some rules though, agreed yes, but I shouldn't think they need writing down surely. Not with a userbase this small & intelligent.

I am dissapointed tbh, but I think the end result was inevitable because certain people in camp 1 have made poor investment choices & strategies, these are now showing to be proven wrong & I think this definetly contributed to the overall choice of action.

let's be honest here, I was once told to stop taking the p1ss out of Ker (or Dave as he is known around these parts ;) ) for example, even though he hasn't made a good call yet ffs. I mean what about his last few gold predictions ? :lol:

Ghandi said it best:

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Anyway these are my thoughts. :)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you have lost one of the most informed & intelligent (& very connected imo ;) ) posters on this forum.

+1

Although I have had problems with cdswamp in the past, I think most of what happened was down to a few baiting cdswamp. More needs to done to stop GEI losing informed posters.

I agree cdswamp brought a lot of value to GEI, and some jibed him for his more radical ideas.

But he also failed to bring in sufficient respect or diplomacy towards others. He also posted so profusely that he tended to drown out other voices.

Twice now, when those negative aspects came to doiminate, it became too disruptive.

After the first banning, he calmed down and rejoined with more emphasis on his positives. And I very much hope the same happns again - perhaps using a new avatar picture of Ghandi :)

Wherever you are cdswamp, best of luck to you and take care!

GOM 'Gandhi said it best "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."'

Yes some of cds's posts were interesting ,however 1. you definitely couldn't ignore someone shouting into your ear

2.I think he was laughing at everyone else for their supposed stupdity in the face of his superior insight, judging by his liberal and chronic use of guffawing emoticons.

3.No one fought him with the verbal violence that he showed

4.He got banned and therefore he did not win.

I am not comfortable with banning free speech ,but every group has to temper that wish with the wish not to turn into a madhouse where chaos reigns.

Posts should have actual content. Just a link is not enough, please supply a summary, or an excerpt with highlights.

OK my comments

1. agree with above

2. If you want to be taken seriously then provide your own thoughts on the link/text you insert, otherwise at the extreme you are just spamming

- this comment is NOT aimed at Halcyon who is an excellent example of how to do it properly

3. GEI does not need rules or a ruling council. Maybe a couple more admin's to keep the place sensible and thats about it!

Goldfinger I am surprised at you asking for a Governing Council tbh (don't quite understand that one, especially from you)......isn't that exactly what we don't want, more levels of management ? I mean it's not like GEI is that big of a site/board now is it.

I do think you need some rules though, agreed yes, but I shouldn't think they need writing down surely. Not with a userbase this small & intelligent.

I explained my motivation a little on the other thread, the idea was to find a way to cope with Swampy. Although, it is somewhat ridiculous to need a costly system for one out-of-control poster only. One can only be free within certain limits - I think Immanuel Kant once wrote something along these lines.

I am dissapointed tbh, but I think the end result was inevitable because certain people in camp 1 have made poor investment choices & strategies, these are now showing to be proven wrong & I think this definetly contributed to the overall choice of action.

I wouldn't link this whole discussion to a 5% move in gold recently (down or up doesn't really matter here). The trigger in fact doesn't matter. Yes, discussions can get heated every now and then, but if they start affecting the forum as a whole, especially if it is only one particular poster, then something has to be changed.

Swampy was OK at the beginning. But a few days ago he simply started spinning at a too high rate. He lacks some self-control. That's why someone else has to control him. Sorry.

there are lot's of posters on GEI & many of them haven't spoken on the matter, which is their right & I for one do not hold anything against that. :)

yes I do agree that cdswamp get's very heated...agreed.....& he goes from 0-100 in 2 seconds.....agreed.

you do need to adhere to some guidelines.....agreed.

he did admit in his own words that he could start a fight in a telephone box whilst on his own :lol:

Well I think this board will be less informative & dull without his presence. :(

If you reasoned it out he only came in short bursts. fair enough the bursts were always at 200mph, but it wouldn't do for us all to be the same, as Mrs GOM always tells me. She normally says this to me when I am slating someone else for not having/holding my exact pov. :rolleyes::D

NiceJim made a highly inappropriate reference to cdswamp & yet nothing was said about that (not one thing actually)

What information has he brought? I'm pretty sure a lot of what he said is already common knowledge or has been discussed here before. I didn't think the forum lost anything when he went or gained when he came back (except for the bad atmosphere).

What did I say? I'll admit that I fought him, then I ignored him. Now he's not here. If he'd only posted genuinely interesting stuff in an intelligent, non-patronising manner there would never have been a problem. If he'd realised what was happening, and what the purpose of the Fringe forum is (and what he could make it if he truly was illuminated and connected), he'd still be here. He didn't get it. As for the copy/paste jobs from PM analysts, I get better informed by GATA's RSS feed.

I bet RH and BigtBigt don't mock others if gold goes back to $900. I doubt it will ever go far below there, but that's not the point. Last November someone predicted that Krugers would never be below £500 again. I don't think there was any malice there towards people who weren't all in. Edit: I can't find the post now. I'd saved a link to it because I thought it deserved a "Good call" or a "Thank god that was wrong" at a later date. I think it was posted by Ziknik. Good call ;)

What information has he brought? I'm pretty sure a lot of what he said is already common knowledge or has been discussed here before. I didn't think the forum lost anything when he went or gained when he came back (except for the bad atmosphere).

I am again at an advantage because I know who he is in real life. ;)

What did I say? I'll admit that I fought him, then I ignored him. Now he's not here. If he'd only posted genuinely interesting stuff in an intelligent, non-patronising manner there would never have been a problem. If he'd realised what was happening, and what the purpose of the Fringe forum is (and what he could make it if he truly was illuminated and connected), he'd still be here. He didn't get it. As for the copy/paste jobs from PM analysts, I get better informed by GATA's RSS feed.

I bet RH and BigtBigt don't mock others if gold goes back to $900. I doubt it will ever go far below there, but that's not the point. Last November someone predicted that Krugers would never be below £500 again. I don't think there was any malice there towards people who weren't all in.

that implies stupidity Nicejim, I don't think you're doing yourself any favours here. I would have just apologised for that reference tbh. Thereagain I would have never used such a reference in the first place.

I am again at an advantage because I know who he is in real life. ;)

that implies stupidity Nicejim, I don't think you're doing yourself any favours here. I would have just apologised for that reference tbh. Thereagain I would have never used such a reference in the first place.

I can't think of any either. I could be Baron Rothschild in real life but that doesn't give me special rights here.

If I knew what it was I might apologise.

GOM - ForWhatItsWorth I will miss swampy!

People should remember that you don't have to respond to everything you see/read.

Sometimes silence is best...my mother always said "God gave you 2 ears and 1 mouth for a bloody good reason!"

Anyway, what is done is done.

it's all been deleted now

That's a clue but it doesn't help me. I now need to find something which doesn't exist. I don't want to continue the CDSwamp conversation, but I really do want to know what this was. He needed to know what was unacceptable, and so do I.

That's a clue but it doesn't help me. I now need to find something which doesn't exist. I don't want to continue the CDSwamp conversation, but I really do want to know what this was. He needed to know what was unacceptable, and so do I.

christ Nicejim you really are in denial......

there surely is nothing more to say because I can't remember the exact term (although i'm sure cdswamp will email it later when he reads this), but I am certainly not googling it. I do have certain standards. :unsure:

Edit: I can't find the post now. I'd saved a link to it because I thought it deserved a "Good call" or a "Thank god that was wrong" at a later date. I think it was posted by Ziknik. Good call ;)

I’m not sure it was my prediction… I can’t remember it. Thanks though :)

GOM

What do you think of the Leslie infection into all threads?

Helpful, useful, mature, persected, hilarious or otherwise?

If he didnt want to be banned in the first place he should not have wound so many up.

Personally I think it is a loss to not have him in the forum but he acted like a naughty child who ignored pleas for better behaviour.

Having been told off he is now like treading in doggy doo, trailing his crap whever he goes, and the sad thing is he probably thinks it is a real hoot.

Thats not normal nor acceptable adult behaviour IMHO. Perhaps you think otherwise?

christ Nicejim you really are in denial......

there surely is nothing more to say because I can't remember the exact term

clinical denial

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial

(although i'm sure cdswamp will email it later when he reads this), but I am certainly not googling it. I do have certain standards. :unsure:

cognitive dissonance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Liar

I take it this means we can put to rest the idea that "the post" ever existed. Even CDSwamp can't remember it.

Should this forum be moderated in the same way as the official David Icke forums?

Welcome to the David Icke forums.

You are free to discuss anything of interest, but please can we show respect for each other and the difficult job of the moderators who volunteer their time and hard work to ensure that the discussions are not hijacked and dominated by the few at the expense of the rest.

The David Icke forums have become a focus for lively debate, insights and information and I hope you enjoy your stay.

best wishes,

David

FORUM GUIDELINES

Treating Others

This is a place for open and free discussion on a wide range of topics, and we ask that you respect each other by not bullying or harassing other members of the forum.

This is not the place for personal attacks, or to deliberately stop the flow of conversation from taking place. Please; Do not Hijack threads with the same questions if a Moderator has already answered them; do not post irrelevant images or text in other people's topics for no reason other than disruption; do not make any personal insults or irrelevant one word answers. Do not spam “General” or "Today's News" with a bunch of new threads all in one session. Do not sign-up multiple user IDs for the purpose of trolling the forum or answering your own posts!

Racism

People are welcome to discuss issues surrounding race. Racist remarks will not be tolerated on this forum. Political stances can be discussed without resorting to racial stereo-typing and abusive remarks towards a race of people. Anybody trying to stir up racial hatred will be banned

Note: This applies to ALL races. Racism is NOT tolerated here.

The issues surrounding Israel are legitimate subjects for debate and David Icke has not flinched from addressing them despite the attacks on him this has triggered over the years. However, this debate can be conducted without falling into the cesspit of gratuitous racist abuse. There is no need for this for a view about Israel's policies to be expressed and this is not a place to dump such bile. There are many forums that would welcome it, this one does not.

We do not shy away from discussing controversial topics. We welcome debates where other mainstream media outlets would not. However, this is not an opportunity for anyone with any kind of racist agenda to spread their propaganda or to recruit others.

===================================

Quoting Other Sources & Copyright

You may quote other sources, providing that you name the source before and/or after the quote has been made, and link back to the relevant website if possible. We cannot allow the posting of any copyrighted material.

Please do not quote whole chapters, or upload e-books, as that will be a direct violation of another person(s) copyright.

If there is something in particular you would like to post, but your not sure if it's acceptable - please contact a moderator who'll be able to approve or disapprove the material first. If there is no copyright attached to something, we'll probably be able to make an exception.

Thread Topics

The “general” section is for all matters of a general nature, and the Moderators reserve the right to move posts into more appropriate sub-forums at their discretion.

We have many Sub-Forums, and we ask that before posting a thread, you consider where your post might best be suited. We also suggest before posting that you use the search function to see if there is already a thread you may add your post to rather than starting a new thread on a subject that may have recently been discussed.

Questions to David Icke

David Icke will not be participating or answering questions on this forum. Please do not waste time posting messages or questions to David. If you disagree with David's work, you are free to communicate this on the forum, however as you will see below, we take a grim view of trolling.

Trolling

While David welcomes discussions on his research and doesn’t expect everyone will necessarily agree with every aspect of his work, anyone who joins this forum with the sole intention of flaming David Icke on his own forum will find their user account promptly suspended without warning.

Same applies to anybody who flames other users or deliberately disrupts other users who wish to seriously discuss aspects of David’s work. Forum disrupters who seek to do this will need to find themselves another forum to post on.

While it is perfectly fine to discuss aspects of David’s work you disagree with or do not understand posters who habitually criticize David’s work while offering little or nothing constructive to forum discussions will not be allowed to dominate this forum. Members who try this on will first be issued with a warning to let them know they are being asked to modify their troll-like behaviour. If this warning is ignored, the member will lose posting privileges without further ado.

We will not tolerate those with an axe to grind against David Icke, whilst using this forum to promote the work of other researchers in an aggressive manner. Again, such posters will be issued a warning to modify their approach, and if this is not respected their user account will be suspended.

==================================

Moderation, Complaints, and Disputes with regard to Moderation

The Administrators of the David Icke website reserve the right to moderate this forum in anyway they see fit in situations that might arise that are not specifically mentioned in the above forum posting guidelines.

If you have a complaint against a Moderator, or you feel you have been unfairly treated after having attempted to resolve an issue with the Moderator involved, you are free to bring the matter to the attention of the Forum Manager who in this instance will act as an arbitrator to assist both parties to find a resolution they can both agree on. However before taking this course of action, we expect that members will try and resolve these issues with the Moderator involved as a first step. Serious complaints may be forwarded on to the webmaster.

NOTE: When a dispute is brought to the attention of the Forum Manager and there is clear evidence that the forum guidelines have been breached, please don’t expect to find sympathy!

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/faq.php

Pleaes no, oh god, no.

Anybody who has taken a hard look at those forums should know.

There are enough tinfoil cap forums out there.

I'm not suggesting that it should be, but look at the rules they have. I think things are pretty relaxed here and I would prefer it that way. I gave the comparison of the David Icke forum for a reason that I would like to think is obvious and doesn't need spelling out.

• 3 months later...

(this thread is being moved to the "About GEI" section)

Archived