THIS IS A CIVILISED INVESTMENT FORUM

THIS IS A CIVILISED INVESTMENT FORUM, And that is the way it is going to stay

Sadly, it really isn't anymore.

Is there a way of having one or two restricted access subforums, where posting rights are strictly limited by the mods so that intellectual debates can develop rather than being swamped by a torrent of baseless, contentless, personal abuse?

Once established, maybe existing posters could then vote on allowing other existing members posting access, based on quality of posts on the main page and elsewhere. (Even if I am personally not deemed to be fulfilling the criteria to post in such a sub-forum, at least there might be more informative threads developing for me to read.)

Interesting threads are being drowned with pointless (and often offensive) noise at the moment.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there a way of having one or two restricted access subforums, where posting rights are strictly limited by the mods so that intellectual debates can develop rather than being swamped by a torrent of baseless, contentless, personal abuse?

Funny enough I just posted a thread about this, because I agree with you 100%:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=8153

Sadly, it really isn't anymore.

Once established, maybe existing posters could then vote on allowing other existing members posting access, based on quality of posts on the main page and elsewhere. (Even if I am personally not deemed to be fulfilling the criteria to post in such a sub-forum, at least there might be more informative threads developing for me to read.)

Interesting threads are being drowned with pointless (and often offensive) noise at the moment.

We are in a period of "release language" changing to "building tension language", it is bound to come out in forums. Try to rise above it and not add to it.

My surprise in your case is that for as intelligent and motivated a chap as I see you, you have come across like you have fallen for this guy hook, line and sinker.

I wouldnt be the only one, but you are wrong about that.

"hook and line" maybe, but not "sinker" also

• 3 months later...

(this thread is being moved to the "About GEI" section)

Archived