THIS IS A CIVILISED INVESTMENT FORUM

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty unfair. Plenty of posters stuck the boot into DrBubb on the "Gold may be done here" thread, he took it in his stride.

In 1.5 years this forum has only been up in arms over one poster, cdswamp, and the mods have given him plenty of leeway.

He doesn't do it relentlessly.

cdswamp got away with hundreds of abusive posts, before getting banned (both times)

'stuck the boot in' fook me you think that was sticking the boot in is like........

here's a little true story for you which sums up your statement above:

I wanted a sky dish fitting to my property in France. The guy turned up, a very well spoken southern man. We had agreed a set price for an exact requirement of work. It was very simple. We had agreed a card would be included in the price, very definetly agreed on this via the phone. When he arrived I mentioned this to him & he said (after much repetative asking) that the card was extra. I said no & he left with no bad words exchanged at all.

Later that day I phoned another sky installer. When he arrived he told me that he knew the other guy had been to my house & that the guy had said I was an 'argumentative northerner'. Always 2 sides to every story, it just depends on what you are used to, where you are from & your background (social/cultural etc).

strange how 2 posters can look at the same thing, & come up with totally different answers isn't it. ;) & the moral, the sky guy didn't get his easy money & additional card money so he invented a situation (based on his background) & passed that image onto someone who had never met me. I appreciate that this is not the best story to sum up this exact situation but it's the best I could do based on real experience.

GF & Bubb had virtual words over this remember. ;) that's why I linked this into the pog shooting up & investment strategies. I think there is a link.

Just look at how Bubb viewed O'Bama when he was first inaugurated. Probabkly hence the deflationary stance. imo Bubb believed what O'Bama was saying & fell into the trap. I didn't & stated so at the time, so did cdswamp also.

Now has Bubb ever came back & stated that he got it wrong wrt O'Bama ? I would have personally & that's where respect is borne from imo.

This is a very, very important issue, because if we don't acknowledge when we get things wrong then how on earth can your investment strategies be taken seriously. I thought Bubb was very niave to think this way especially with his years of experience in the economic & financial markets & he is a lot older than me.

Now let's see where this one goes eh. It's something I have wanted to say for a long time actually & now's the time to say it I think.

I am assuming that there is no doubt that O'Bama is not a friend of the US people now, but he is a friend of TARP/TIRP/QE & basically debasing the dollar & continuing the war on terror b0ll0x ?

The one thing I really like about this forum is the manner in which

people tend to respect each other

as well as the depth of the subject matter

I am supportive of the action you took Steve

I would like to think that he could return after a while on a very short leash

[for the record: I've also had a few PMs with CDS, and agree with GOM that fundamentally he's a very decent guy. He simply has some kind of personality trait (disorder?) that causes him to rub people up the wrong way - as he has openly admitted himself in previous posts]

Maybe we could have had an asylum thread for him? Mmh, but then for him it would have felt like a Gulag. :lol: OK, maybe this is less funny than I think it is right now.

Just look at how Bubb viewed O'Bama when he was first inaugurated. Probabkly hence the deflationary stance. imo Bubb believed what O'Bama was saying & fell into the trap. I didn't & stated so at the time, so did cdswamp also.

Now has Bubb ever came back & stated that he got it wrong wrt O'Bama ? I would have personally & that's where respect is borne from imo.

Before I could admit that I was "wrong about Obama", I would first have to think I was wrong.

What makes you think I am?

Obama is an excellent communicator, and potentially a great leader. Do you disagree?

He has made some "rookie mistakes", just as many other Presidents have, and there is plenty

of room for improvement.

But as an American living abroad, I think he is a VAST improvement over Bush, and better too,

than his clumsy Republican opponent, who made one of the worst selections for VP running mate

in recent memory.

I dont think Obama "gets it" yet on the economy, but there are so many others in the mainstream

who also do not get it, that this is not surprising. If in 12-24 months, he still does not "get it",

then we will be in really trouble. That is possible, but not yet certain.

I am amazed how quickly some folks are to start telling otehrs that they must "admit they were

wrong." I am a trader for a living, and a successful one too, so far. I have to learn to live with

trdaing mistakes almost every day, and so, I have learned to be flexible in my positions. Most

of my social and political views are also flexible enough to be surprised.

The exception is ... that I have already written off: Greenspan, Brown... and Paul Krugman,

and think that they have shown theyt they are on the side of Darkness. I am nowhere near putting

Obama into that same camp, even if GOM has done so.

I would like to think that he could return after a while on a very short leash

The problem is that Swampy doesnt like leashes.

He doesnt even like being called Swampy.

I would have intervened much earlier. I nearly did myself to try to diffuse the situation but was genuinely busy.

I agree that when it get's past a certain point you have to poss suspend posters, but I personally didn't feel he said enough to get banned.

You & Steve just made it personal imo (& a few others). It's human nature Dr Bubb, birds of a feather.....& I am not entirely knocking you. I think you do have some patientence but if your direct opinions & investment strategies go against a particular poster, but you have the power of silencing this poster, then there will only ever be one outcome.

That is a bit unfair.

As you may know, I have been travelling most of the past 2-3 weeks, and so have been posting

here less than normal, and reading here, far less than normal.

So I have not seen many of the offending posts.

CDS seems to have made far more "personal" comments about me, than I have made about him.

And maybe if I had read more of his negative comments about myself and others, then I would have

banned him much sooner. (probably - which is why I am not getting on Steve's case for the ban.)

Is he going to be given a chance to come back?

It is less likely than last time, mainly because the improvement is his behaviour seemed so brief.

He seems to be determined to "revert to form" when he comes posting here. and he ignored many

posts, hints, polite requests, and blatant threads that his posting style was upsetting people.

Why take a chance an let him back on?

I would consider it, but would need to be convinced there was a new and better reason for allowing

him to return. I dont want him to mess up a good thing. A few useful thoughts in the midst of a lot

of aggro, isnt a good tradeoff IMHO.

Before I could admit that I was "wrong about Obama", I would first have to think I was wrong.

What makes you think I am?

I think the contention is that you are wrong because you didn't know he is a puppet of NWO, put in place to achieve their goals of total human slavery and depopulation. This is not the same as accepting that all Presidents have constraints on their opportunities to carry out the programs which they intended to when running for office.

do you think it's mature of a website owner & administrator to call someone by that name ? even more so when he can't post.....

There was no reason for CDSwamp to make up names like Pixie, Bat who doesn't think or Gopher. If he doesn't like it he shouldn't do it.

I think the contention is that you are wrong because you didn't know he is a puppet of NWO, put in place to achieve their goals of total human slavery and depopulation. This is not the same as accepting that all Presidents have constraints on their opportunities to carry out the programs which they intended to when running for office.

correct.

There was no reason for CDSwamp to make up names like Pixie, Bat who doesn't think or Gopher. If he doesn't like it he shouldn't do it.

agreed.

He laughed about it actually, but my point is that as the site owner & admin, is it wise to mimic posters actions that are deemed to be not very nice.

do you think it's mature of a website owner & administrator to call someone by that name ? even more so when he can't post.....

Come on Grumpy! Swampy is not too bad a nickname. He certainly deserved it by swamping the forum too. It's almost affectionate, isn't it? Most people on here have funny nicknames anyway, so there is possibly a tendency to make the more boring ones ("CDS-Swamp") more funny. And people refer to him as CDS as well.

I got called "Goldmember" over at the madhouse and never really complained about it.

At the end of the day, we shouldn't take this place here to seriously, but we also shouldn't let it turn into a madhouse.

Come on Grumpy! Swampy is not too bad a nickname. He certainly deserved it by swamping the forum too. It's almost affectionate, isn't it? Most people on here have funny nicknames anyway, so there is possibly a tendency to make the more boring ones ("CDS-Swamp") more funny. And people refer to him as CDS as well.

I got called "Goldmember" over at the madhouse and never really complained about it.

At the end of the day, we shouldn't take this place here to seriously, but we also shouldn't let it turn into a madhouse.

indeed it isn't but I fear you also are missing the point GF.

He was originally pulled up for manipulating names iirc. If the teacher acts the same as the student, then who moderates in difficult times prey tell ?

Come come GOM! The guy was a loose canon and digging his own grave on here. He was unrepentant and belligerant. He DID have very interesting things to say and was very funny too at times. His utter disrespect for others and wanton disregard for their opinions - and his flagrant enjoyment in a good verbal scrap- would have caused him trouble eventually. I only hope he keeps his gob shut when he ventures down the pub (for his own sake). Someone said he reminded them of a religious bigot and that was spot on. His righteousness was appalling, even though and I'll say it there was a LOT I agreed with him on. I shall miss his insights and wit and think that he did a great disservice to himself and his many cause(s).

Maybe he was having too much post marital stress. He did mention somewhere he was having problems with the other half. I hope he gets over it all and returns one day.

All the best CD if you are reading. I tried to remind you of your signiture Voltaire. You paid no heed and only seemed to 'defend to the death' your own righteousness. It was always leading here and I wonder if you were not on 'self destruct' yourself. Get well, keep writing and calm down a bit!

the name 'swampy' he laughed about yes, not what you called him or referred to him as in that reference, the one you can't remember.

If you can remember it I'm all ears.

I've also asked if you could remember any valuable new insights CDSwamp gave to the forum.

Mods, if a post of mine was deleted for abusive language or something, please let me know.

Come come GOM! The guy was a loose canon and digging his own grave on here. He was unrepentant and belligerant. He DID have very interesting things to say and was very funny too at times. His utter disrespect for others and wanton disregard for their opinions - and his flagrant enjoyment in a good verbal scrap- would have caused him trouble eventually. I only hope he keeps his gob shut when he ventures down the pub (for his own sake). Someone said he reminded them of a religious bigot and that was spot on. His righteousness was appalling, even though and I'll say it there was a LOT I agreed with him on. I shall miss his insights and wit and think that he did a great disservice to himself and his many cause(s).

Maybe he was having too much post marital stress. He did mention somewhere he was having problems with the other half. I hope he gets over it all and returns one day.

All the best CD if you are reading. I tried to remind you of your signiture Voltaire. You paid no heed and only seemed to 'defend to the death' your own righteousness. It was always leading here and I wonder if you were not on 'self destruct' yourself. Get well, keep writing and calm down a bit!

yes good post Jake.

he rubbed dr bubb up the wrong way when the O'Bama won it type thread started, I traced it back to about 3 posts in particular.........

sometimes people never get over the initial meeting imo.

He was originally pulled up for manipulating names iirc. If the teacher acts the same as the student, then who moderates in difficult times prey tell ?

It's a fine line. I know he called DrBubb "Blubb" or so, which he replied with Swampy. I guess the difference is that "DrBubb" is funny already, as is GOM, but "CDSwamp" is more boring.

Ah, anyway. What's gold doing (for a change)?

so you still can't remember that post then ?

I still don't believe it ever existed, but I await proof. I notice you are still unable to show anything new and insightful which CDSwamp brought to us.

He manipulated names as a term of abuse, like some I've mentioned above and "The Little Man" for "TheBigMan", but that's just the type of guy he is and we should accept it, yeah? An affectionate term for "TheBigMan" might be TBM or "Biggie" or something; an affectionate term for CDSwamp might be Swampy. It's entirely possible that "Swampy" was never intended as a term of abuse, but the names CDSwamp called other people are a different matter.

I predicted to Swampy yesterday that THEY would come to GEI (offer the owner and the mods shed loads of money) and then delete all highly relevant posts (which I privately thought of as his - but I don't really want to comment on the "relevant" part :) ).

Guess what happened - he got deleted! Entirely!

Guys, I am turning into a conspiracy nut right now! :lol:

Steve Netwriter, you didn't receive any larger sums from THEM recently, or did you? :lol:

OK, I stop now. It's almost scary, isn't it? Speaking of self-fulfilling prophecies etc.

(To make it clear, I am joking here. Although, the conversation took place as I said, and he also got deleted. But I doubt it was THEM! :lol: )

the posters on this site are highly intelligent you know.

Intelligent enough to spot a rumour in the making. You've already spread it to 2 threads but you won't even attempt to jog my memory about this mythical post.

What was the content?

What thread was it in?

To whom was I replying?

What day or time was it?

When was it deleted?

I had a look for some posts which might count but they're all still there. I have, however, noticed something which did get deleted. After my post in one thread, CDSwamp followed up my post simply with "Sphericals" and a few :D s. Is that the sort of insight you enjoy, is that the sort of humour we should tolerate? I imagine it was Dr Bubb who deleted the post.

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....mp;#entry131965

ask yourselves this:

why did cgnao, our most prolific poster almost disappear ?

this guy could have helped you 'traders' make a lot of money imo.

I asked before & no-one answered it. Someone p1ssed him off big time.....

If someone knows more than me I listen. I might query & ask plenty of questions though, but I would never close myself down, otherwise I might lose out.

Archived