THIS IS A CIVILISED INVESTMENT FORUM

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ask yourselves this:

why did cgnao, our most prolific poster almost disappear ?

this guy could have helped you 'traders' make a lot of money imo.

I asked before & no-one answered it. Someone p1ssed him off big time.....

If someone knows more than me I listen. I might query & ask plenty of questions though, but I would never close myself down, otherwise I might lose out.

GOM, who knows why he has ceased to post as frequently as before.

But you cannot imply it's because he's been on the receiving end of a lack of respect, surely!

CGNAO is treated as a demi-god on this site, even though he's (presumably) a human being who has no divine ability to see the future.

seperate rules for some that don't apply to others

how does that work then ?

a harmless funny avatar imo. Wouldn't have bothered me one bit.

iirc Bubb even posted on here about it ?\

but 'swampy' is tempermental is he & easily offended.

pot kettle black imo.

What is the similarity, please? I dont see any commonality in that HPC thread.

Whom did I abuse? ... to get such an unflattering Avatar?

I think my comments were fairly mild, in comparison to the mud that the happless Property Guru

was throwing in my direction, and at GEI. And he STARTED the mud-slinging, not I.

Also, before you criticise my reaction, you should be in the same position yourself.

If someone objected having their name in someone else's Avatar on GEI, I would be

happy to insist that it be removed, especially if there was some violent action involved.

(PG's avatar has a hammer descending, which on second thought, and recalling the

activities of the deranged Bruno, I thought was inappropriate. Also, if you read my postings

there catrefully,m my main purpose was to point out the foolishness of PG.)

BTW, Why are you supporting Swampy, when I got loads of postings and PM's from all sorts

of valued posters here saying they objected to his postings. If this was YOUR forum,

would you like to see it ruined by the aggressive postings of a single deranged poster?

Even with that, I was slow to warn him, and slower than others in wanting to see him banned.

But what does he mean to you? And why do you support someone whom dozens of valued

GEI posters were finding overly aggressive and objectionable.?

But you cannot imply it's because he's been on the receiving end of a lack of respect, surely!

CGNAO is treated as a demi-god on this site, even though he's (presumably) a human being who has no divine ability to see the future.

I think he moved from Europe to South America, and that had something to do with his posting behaviour

but we all really know though don't we. ;)

for the people who think I idolise cgnao. I don't & probably might not even get on with him in real life, but from an investment, economic & geo-political etc etc front, I haven't found someone who knows that far in advance what is going to happen. There are others that have equal knowledge in some areas & some posters who are also very, very informed.

At the end of the day he was chased away imo. I read all of his posts from MSE (I read them years after he wrote them), & I mean ALL of them. It took me weeks of solid reading & googling to digest them all. he posted really nicely back then, taking time to answer everything thrown at him.

Then I found him at hpc, he had changed slightly........then I watched as he was chased from hpc. He found GEI, then I again watched him change for the worse (posting stlye anyways).....then he was chased.....again......

he was & is 100% correct, guaranteed. (ok that slight blip on the 7323, which he got absolutely spot-on fwiw for a day or two iirc).........

do you think after probably 6-7 years of people ripping him to bits & laughing/beguiling him, he probably just thought:

fook it, these stupid ignorant tw4ts can lose everything.

do you blame him ?

how long would you (the board) be able to keep calm & friendly in that environment ?

Well, Im glad we got that sorted out and can forget about it once again. (swampy) I think it was dealt with very well. We cant have a loony taking over the forum but it was quite funny at the time.

What do you all think about Daddy Bears predictions and the way he was treated by HPC mods? I would welcome him here (I suspect he might already be here).

I realy think that banning someone from posting realy devalues the whole point of a public forum i cant help but think of

"STICKS AND STONES WILL BREAK MY BONES BUT NAMES WILL NEVER HURT YOU"

The quality of any arena where an exchange of information is the ultimate goal is 'SERIOUSLY ' devalued if the widest view point is not allowed to be expressed.I could understand the stance that has been taken if swamp was a troll with nothing of value to say and was just entirely abusive.But that was ABSOLUTELY not the case.The guy was extremely well informed and in my view "ILLUMINATED" to the realities of the world in which we currently live.Just because this view or opinion is not wholly expressed or understood by the other contributors makes it EVEN MORE IMPORTANT that it is aired.

I would like to see the stats over the coming weeks to see if this type of action has a positive or negative impact on the site traffic ,losing ANY poster who contributes facts,opinion and good humour in my opinion is RIDICULOUS.

When posts are based on extremely important issues like 'HEALTH' and there is clearly a wide view of opinions and the conversation gets very heated it is quite human and understandable that things can get out of hand and i feel that is where the MODERATION should have been executed,unless i missed something i certainly never saw any moderation at that particular juncture.

VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THIS DECISION BASED ON THE ABOVE. WE ARE SEEING AN ORWELLIAN WORLD APPEAR BEFORE OUR VERY EYES ON A DAILY BASIS I WOULD HOPE THAT WE DONT START TO SEE IT ON THE FORUM EVEN SOONER.

fitkid

As far as I can see, Swampy didn't get atomized because of WHAT he posted but because of HOW he posted it. Illuminated or not does not matter. You also have to take into account that this was the second time already that he was spinning out of control.

fitkid

As far as I can see, Swampy didn't get atomized because of WHAT he posted but because of HOW he posted it. Illuminated or not does not matter. You also have to take into account that this was the second time already that he was spinning out of control.

I understand that but i must be missing something,what exact post or posts are we refering to.I would have thought it was regards to the Swine flu thread?can steve or bubb please clarify the posts that seemingly caused such offence and caused such a dramatic course of action.

thanks

Guys, can i offer a '3rd way'? In the absence of a clear and frank warning from the Mods about his behaviour in the run up to the banning, how about a 28 day ban from the site and at the end of that a return on the understanding that he is under a full and final warning in perpetuity. I've seen a number of comments about him receiving gentle warnings and hints but i think someone like him just doesn't get the gentle approach, straight up talking may be the order of the day to nip this behaviour in the bud. He probably just doesn't get the normal signals etc

This may offer an alternative to the nuclear option of banning a prolific poster and someone who clearly has his fans and people that he has annoyed greatly. I always feel that a site is somewhat less 3 dimensional when the 'characters' are got rid of. This guy definitely has the habit of winding people up but he is no Bruno and seemed to have something to offer and was often very interesting and funny.

fitkid.

He was rude about many of the members here.

His posts take over the forum and take threads off topic.

It was obvious to most here that you cant do that for long without getting banned.

The fact that the people here are well mannered meant that he was tollerated for much longer than many forums would have. He has already been banned once!

Get over it.

I think he should have been banned, but he caused me no offence and it was briefly entertaining, especially when he got banned.

Guys, can i offer a '3rd way'? In the absence of a clear and frank warning from the Mods about his behaviour in the run up to the banning, how about a 28 day ban from the site and at the end of that a return on the understanding that he is under a full and final warning in perpetuity. I've seen a number of comments about him receiving gentle warnings and hints but i think someone like him just doesn't get the gentle approach, straight up talking may be the order of the day to nip this behaviour in the bud. He probably just doesn't get the normal signals etc

This may offer an alternative to the nuclear option of banning a prolific poster and someone who clearly has his fans and people that he has annoyed greatly. I always feel that a site is somewhat less 3 dimensional when the 'characters' are got rid of. This guy definitely has the habit of winding people up but he is no Bruno and seemed to have something to offer and was often very interesting and funny.

ABSOBLOODYLUTELY except no ban just a FINAL warning. There is loads of things going on at the momment and swamp had his finger on the pulse in my opinion people are cutting off their noses to spite their face losing someone with clear insight,whoe's offerings could provide them with that bit of information that might make all the difference in their investing decisions.Admittedly i think that people should TREAT AND SPEAK TO OTHERS IN THE MANNER IN WHICH THEY WOULD WANT TO BE TREATED.ie be nice even in the face of adversity.

ABSOBLOODYLUTELY except no ban just a FINAL warning. There is loads of things going on at the momment and swamp had his finger on the pulse in my opinion people are cutting off their noses to spite their face losing someone with clear insight,whoe's offerings could provide them with that bit of information that might make all the difference in their investing decisions.Admittedly i think that people should TREAT AND SPEAK TO OTHERS IN THE MANNER IN WHICH THEY WOULD WANT TO BE TREATED.ie be nice even in the face of adversity.

I do think he deserves a ban of sorts, he needs to know his behaviour and style is wrong. However he does have merits and i dont think he does what he does through malice or madness so should be welcomed back to the fold but he will need strong moderating etc or his behaviour may snowball again.

Takes all sorts as my Mum used to say ;)

EVIDENCE I NEED REAL EVIDENCE

posted by schaublin today in will america strike israel thread.

Regarding actual *proof* of military action against Iran, I doubt those who make the decisions will be posting here on GEI. cdswamp seemed to be able to ferret out more information than most on these kind of issues but unfortunately, he has been banned (although I agree he had been abusing the forum).

SEE WE NEED SWAMPY BACK.

EVIDENCE I NEED REAL EVIDENCE

posted by schaublin today in will america strike israel thread.

Regarding actual *proof* of military action against Iran, I doubt those who make the decisions will be posting here on GEI. cdswamp seemed to be able to ferret out more information than most on these kind of issues but unfortunately, he has been banned (although I agree he had been abusing the forum).

SEE WE NEED SWAMPY BACK.

A serious question. What evidence do you think that you could get from CDSwamp here that you couldn't find on the Above Top Secret or David Icke forums? There are 100's of CDSwamp types there. They also claim to have lots of real evidence about the world.

One example; I was born into the "bloodlines" and went rogue

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread507783/pg1

A serious question. What evidence do you think that you could get from CDSwamp here that you couldn't find on the Above Top Secret or David Icke forums? There are 100's of CDSwamp types there. They also claim to have lots of real evidence about the world.

You answered your own question they are there on another forum not here on this one.Swamp was here because of his contribution to investing 1st and foremost.Look at his post's and that will confirm that for you.I was just pointing out the fact that another poster had already referenced the benefits that swamp brought to the forum and how they would be missed.The issue's relating to his ban WHICH STILL HAVE NOT BEEN CONFIRMED by the way as i previously stated fall into the realms of

"STICKS AND STONES WILL BREAK MY BONES BUT NAMES WILL NEVER HURT ME"

You answered your own question they are there on another forum not here on this one.Swamp was here because of his contribution to investing 1st and foremost.Look at his post's and that will confirm that for you.I was just pointing out the fact that another poster had already referenced the benefits that swamp brought to the forum and how they would be missed.The issue's relating to his ban WHICH STILL HAVE NOT BEEN CONFIRMED by the way as i previously stated fall into the realms of

"STICKS AND STONES WILL BREAK MY BONES BUT NAMES WILL NEVER HURT ME"

& never will......

why.........

because it hasn't got the legs imo.

although agreed, cdswamp wasn't blameless in this.

you really find out what people are like at times like this.

Even in a virtual world people have aims & ambitions that overtake morals.

First, fitkid added the font size change and addendum. here it is as I posted it. I am sure he meant no harm, I just want to be accurate.

I have spent idle hours looking at all kinds of bizarre nonsense on the Internet - mainly for amusement but it is surprising how tidbits of information crop up up in the most unlikely places. cdswamp's posts mixed in enough good stuff with the nonsense for me to take notice of him. I also got the feeling that he deliberately posted outrageous things in order to annoy people - which he himself, I suspect, did not believe. cdswamp is clearly a witty and intelligent man but I did not care for his contempt for those not as sharp witted as himself. I think it is an age thing - I was an arrogant bastard years ago. He also made me laugh!

Archived