Nanoviricides / NNVC

Well done on the risk free trade front.

Yes it's behaving well, pulling back on lighter volume too.

NNVC14011060mins.jpg

I think it's ready for a pullback though according to the EW count, the RSI is also well overbought. I believe we are still in wave (3) which tends to be the stongest of the impulse waves (along with a fifth wave extension) so I'm expecting a retracement to the 38.2% level of around $1.10, also previous resistance. If that fails there is plenty of support around the $1 level which happens to be in the 61.8% area. If that goes just get down on your knees and pray. The way this stock is going I would n't be surprised to see a 23.6% retracement then a move to a new high... famous last words.

Also supporting this is wave 1 closed spot on the 1:1 AB=CD pattern, that is a classic high probabilty reversal pattern.

I'm hoping to join the risk free speculators club shortly.

As for the fuzzymentals, well .... I'll just let the price action do the talking.

Hey GTG,

Thanks for the analysis. Decided today that it was time to take my initial stake off the table and ride my free shares to wherever they take us. This means I will be left holding less than the 10,000 minimum required by allallan :) but I think I can live with that :)

The price action in another Patrick Cox pick MDRNA was a clear warning shot just how volatile these things are:

MDRNA Plunges 24% on $5.5 Million Registered Direct Offering (MRNA)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

decided first to consult my daughter-in-law who is a bio-chemical research scientist - most recently in stem-cell technology. As such she is very much in touch with everything bio-scientific and especially with the value (or otherwise) of any particular patent - she has been very involved in seeking patents in her specific field of endeavour.

She was distinctly unimpressed.

She is also unimpressed by the patent held.

One of the main patents held by Nanoviricides was only just published for public consumption today:

SELF ASSEMBLING AMPHIPHILIC POLYMERS AS ANTIVIRAL AGENTS

Was your daughter-in-law able to get access to this before the rest of the general public?

Hey GTG,

Thanks for the analysis. Decided today that it was time to take my initial stake off the table and ride my free shares to wherever they take us. This means I will be left holding less than the 10,000 minimum required by allallan :) but I think I can live with that :)

The price action in another Patrick Cox pick MDRNA was a clear warning shot just how volatile these things are:

MDRNA Plunges 24% on $5.5 Million Registered Direct Offering (MRNA)

Great position to be in on any stock especially a speculative high reward story. As mentioned previously I'll hopefully be able to do the same but will also be looking to reinvest if appropriate.

The link in your post to methinks produces an error report

Error!

BRS was unable to process your request as submitted. A diagnostic message was mailed to the appropriate personnel.

ATB

One of the main patents held by Nanoviricides was only just published for public consumption today:

SELF ASSEMBLING AMPHIPHILIC POLYMERS AS ANTIVIRAL AGENTS

Was your daughter-in-law able to get access to this before the rest of the general public?

Not sure why the above link isnt working. Every time I paste it in and submit the messageboard software seems to be altering the link. Try going to this post on the investors hub board and follow the link there:

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_...age_id=45505876

Not sure why the above link isnt working. Every time I paste it in and submit the messageboard software seems to be altering the link. Try going to this post on the investors hub board and follow the link there:

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_...age_id=45505876

Thanks, I read through it but ended looking likethis guy on the Investorshub page:

SurprisedLook.jpg:blink:

• 2 months later...

Allallan was on the money a few months back with his $2 target. We hit $2 today. Some decent trades mean I am riding this one for free now. Pity this thread never really got much traction. I guess ihub and allallan are the best places to be for this one.

I think we have now more than doubled since a certain someone from here took it upon himself to evangelise to those on investorshub that they were doomed to go to "investor hell". Well I for one by definition (having traded such that I am riding this for free) certainly will not be going to investor hell whatever that is. Instead I am ringing the cash register of my nano tech kachingo machine in to this astro blast of ultra strength.

Should I drop a coin in to your pious collection bowl on my way out?

Should I drop a coin in to your pious collection bowl on my way out?

Careful now, you don't want this forum to go 'HPC' :)

I think for those in this trade, it might be a good idea to discuss a long term exit strategy.

You only have to look at what happened to GNVC last week to see what can go wrong with these Biotech's, down 75% on the next days opening due to poor clinical trial results, and there would have been nothing you could have done about it.

Careful now, you don't want this forum to go 'HPC' :)

Fair enough, however, sometimes people just need to be told. This was one such occasion.

I think for those in this trade, it might be a good idea to discuss a long term exit strategy.

You only have to look at what happened to GNVC last week to see what can go wrong with these Biotech's, down 75% on the next days opening due to poor clinical trial results, and there would have been nothing you could have done about it.

If folks here had followed my path with this one they would have got their stake back plus a chunky profit and still have skin in the game and be riding a healthy position for free.

As I have said many times on here, this is my lottery ticket stock. Either their cides work or they dont. Either we go to allallans target of $100 or we go to zero. So once you have successfully navigated this thing such that you are riding it for free just sit back and see where it takes you. If it goes to zero you still have your initial capital and hopefully a profit too. Sounds pretty good to me.

Now if you are turning up looking to get in now after it has blasted off from 41 cents to $2 well it might be a shade more tricky to get yourself in to that position. And of course if bad results come out at the wrong time them you are sunk. That was always the "gamble" with this one.

Fair enough, however, sometimes people just need to be told. This was one such occasion.

If folks here had followed my path with this one they would have got their stake back plus a chunky profit and still have skin in the game and be riding a healthy position for free.

As I have said many times on here, this is my lottery ticket stock. Either their cides work or they dont. Either we go to allallans target of $100 or we go to zero. So once you have successfully navigated this thing such that you are riding it for free just sit back and see where it takes you. If it goes to zero you still have your initial capital and hopefully a profit too. Sounds pretty good to me.

Now if you are turning up looking to get in now after it has blasted off from 41 cents to $2 well it might be a shade more tricky to get yourself in to that position. And of course if bad results come out at the wrong time them you are sunk. That was always the "gamble" with this one.

Well done again Doc,

You're right so long as you have a strategy and understand the risk, it really does not matter what others think. Mine was to wait for a sufficient fall back...that never came :( ...but I stuck to it and don't envy your profit, hope you get the reward for taking the risk, as you at least recognised the gamble and got your free ticket.

Nice to see.

Well done again Doc,

You're right so long as you have a strategy and understand the risk, it really does not matter what others think. Mine was to wait for a sufficient fall back...that never came :( ...but I stuck to it and don't envy your profit, hope you get the reward for taking the risk, as you at least recognised the gamble and got your free ticket.

Nice to see.

Thanks Riggers. :)

Stocks are finally being kind to me after the crushing 80-90% falls in some juniors in Oct-Nov 2008.

Have you see denarii's tip on GCM Resources? They are flying too.

Thanks Riggers. :)

Stocks are finally being kind to me after the crushing 80-90% falls in some juniors in Oct-Nov 2008.

Have you see denarii's tip on GCM Resources? They are flying too.

Yep, didn't really excite me enough either, but you pays your money and takes your choice. Had a good year 09, so far my best big holding move so far this year has been Mart and I waited a year for that. Patience and discipline is everything for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't get me wrong, I first brought at 55 cents in October. I saw a low risk entry like yourself, and took it. Admittedly, I don't fully understand the technology, and I'm no gambler either.

On the fundamentals side, I don't think there is much risk until we get to the IND stage, at which point I may consider selling some.

How many others on this board own this stock?

Going slightly off topic here -

The day NNVC hit it's low, I felt this had to be the bottom!

Why?

Hammer bottom candlestick formation

Bounced of a major long term support

Abnormally high volume

nnvc.jpg

I had the bright idea to find this setup in other stocks. Currently using Stockfetcher.com.

So far, results are neutral. You couldn't just blindly enter a trade using this technique. I guess fundamentals would have to be considered too, so backtesting this strategy is not easy. There's also the issue of finding the optimal settings too.

Don't get me wrong, I first brought at 55 cents in October. I saw a low risk entry like yourself, and took it. Admittedly, I don't fully understand the technology, and I'm no gambler either.

On the fundamentals side, I don't think there is much risk until we get to the IND stage, at which point I may consider selling some.

How many others on this board own this stock?

I sold enough to get my initial stake back once I got a triple. Wasn't perfect timing on that sale by any means. Just thought it would be the disciplined thing to do given the highly speculative nature of this stock. And its a nice feeling to be riding twice my initial stake for free.

If it goes back below $2 I might be tempted to put that money back in.

As you say they are at a very interesting stage of development with support from a mystery pharma and plenty government support/funding too.

• 2 months later...

Lots going on with NNVC, eh? Doc Solar, good job getting in at $.56! My average is around $1.50, having bought more last week at $2.04. Given your professional experience, how do you feel about the risk now? Dr. Harris with her UC Berkeley lab seems to be a huge endorsement.

Lots going on with NNVC, eh? Doc Solar, good job getting in at $.56! My average is around $1.50, having bought more last week at $2.04. Given your professional experience, how do you feel about the risk now? Dr. Harris with her UC Berkeley lab seems to be a huge endorsement.

Yes its been a great run and the latest results look very promising. The main risk with these things is that it works in the animal model but then fails in human trials because the drug/cell interaction is wildly different in humans. But a nanoviricide doesnt interact with the body's cells at all. It goes straight for the virus so the chances of this working in humans as well is WAY higher. Toxicity should be low to nil too as the carrier is just a simple polymer that will get flushed straight out of the body after it has swept up any free virus. All extremely exciting. Take a look at the ihub board and you will see a full copy of Patrick Cox's latest report on the company that explains it all in more depth.

There are some true believers on AllAllan and the ihub board but mostly folks seem extremely skeptical. Which is fair enough I suppose as even I have described this as my lottery ticket stock. But the risk reward levels to me demands participation.

Stock is holding up pretty well given current general market conditions.

Hoping we get that uplisting to AMEX/NASDAQ this year together with a host of other results that are due too.

I've been thinking about subscribing to Patrick Cox's newsletter devoted to picking promising biotech stocks, he comes recommended by John Mauldin. It's expensive but I'd be using it to get into as many free trades as possible with small amounts of capital then sitting on them in the hope of hitting one or more big success stories.

I should have known better than to think that the $2.00 mark would stick. Thought the latest PR was different, more significant. Wish the market thought so! Hopefully AMEX will be next. Yes, I follow IHUB and Allan too...certainly lots of cheerleaders there. The skeptic in me still is looking for what's wrong with this thing ;)

I should have known better than to think that the $2.00 mark would stick. Thought the latest PR was different, more significant. Wish the market thought so! Hopefully AMEX will be next. Yes, I follow IHUB and Allan too...certainly lots of cheerleaders there. The skeptic in me still is looking for what's wrong with this thing ;)

Wild price movements lately. 15% down then 15% up all in the same day! Fortunately I am now riding a healthy position for free having got on at .56 and stake back + profit at 2.10 so these wild movements dont scare me too much.

Huge volume yesterday in to the close taking us back to 1.80 and flat for the day.

• 3 months later...

NanoViricides, Inc. Reports Dramatically Extended Survival For FluCide™ Treated Animals In An Influenza Lethality Study

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10906112/1/...lity-study.html

And yet the market shrugs and we close flat for the day. They have produced similar results in the past so maybe that why the market doesn't find it so wildly exciting. In any case...

“An increase in dosage is now likely to lead to total survival even in this completely lethal virus challenge model.”

“Our Influenza Program is progressing satisfactorily towards a pre-IND submission to the FDA in the near future,” said Eugene Seymour, MD, MPH, CEO of the Company.

A potential cure for all types of flu and many other viruses including HIV with a 1 dollar entry fee.

A potential cure for all types of flu and many other viruses including HIV with a 1 dollar entry fee.

Make that $1.19. Took a bit time for the news to get out there but I guess the latest alert from Patrick Cox and AllAllan has finally been digested by investors. Last time we had such news we flew off to the low $2 range before crashing back down again.

Could be a nice short term trade here... or if it pulls back a chance to get on board for longer term?