Nanoviricides / NNVC

This is the Patrick Cox newsletter effect in full swing. He just released a new piece in his break through technology alert on NNVC today. We need solid news for this to hold I reckon.

No news and down she goes... the effect of these newletter releases is waning.

We need more concrete news about progress with the FDA.

I continue to ride my free shares... my free lottery ticket :)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The SP has been quite active last few days. Has that Patrick opened his mouth again?

Indeed he has:

NanoViricides Prevents the Killer Lesions of Flu Viruses

I reported previously about the dramatically increased survival rates of animals given NanoViricides' flu treatment. Those results came from mouse studies performed by third-party organization, KARD Scientific, Beverly, Mass.

In those lethality tests, animals are given an overwhelming dose of the virus, far greater than humans ever get. The success of the treatment is, therefore, judged by how long a mouse survives. It is assumed that none will live to see day 21 or 22, when their own immune systems would begin to fight the disease.

While living that long would, obviously, be good for individual mice, it is bad for those studying the effects of the drug. In the past, this was never a problem. No mice ever survived long enough to develop an immune response. Many of the mice given NanoViricides' drug candidate, however, lived to the point where they began full recovery.

The mice were, therefore, euthanized, so histological studies can be performed without the complications of innate immune reactions complicating the picture. Histological analysis is the examination on a microscopic level of individual cells.

Histological analysis is important because we need to know what happened on the cellular level to these infected mice. Now we're beginning to find out.

First, however, let's review the way that influenza kills. When an organism such as a human is infected, large numbers of the virus invade cells in the lungs. Those viruses hijack the victim's own DNA replication mechanism to make copies of themselves. Massive numbers of viruses are produced and, finally, the cell wall is ruptured. Viruses spread out through the blood system to infect more cells in the lungs. These injuries to the cells of the lungs are referred to as lesions.

If you have sufficient lesions, the lungs are so damaged that you experience a refractory collapse of the cardiopulmonary system. In other words, you die. In some cases, it can happen very, very quickly.

Now NanoViricides has released histological data regarding lesions in the test mice lungs. Other analysis will be released soon. Nevertheless, the lesion data are simply stunning. Allow me to quote the press release.

"These findings were seen in the most recent H1N1 influenza animal study. Four days post-virus infection, animals treated with three of the optimized FluCide nanoviricide drug candidates exhibited greater than 95% reduction in the number of lung lesions as compared to the infected yet untreated control animals (p-values < 0.001). In contrast, animals treated with oseltamivir (Tamiflu, Roche) showed only a 50% reduction. In another significant finding, no increase in the number or size of the lung lesions was observed over the entire duration of the study in the FluCide-treated animals."

If you are older, immune-impaired, the parent of an infant or a NanoViricides investor, the appropriate response to this news might include dancing. To recap, the number of lesions in the lungs of infected mice given the standard flu medicine, Tamiflu, was more than 10 times greater than in mice treated using NanoViricides' FluCide.

That, by definition, is at least an order of magnitude difference in cell damage. I'm predicting that it may turn out to be two orders of magnitude, based on what we know of NanoViricide's mechanism of action. We'll have to wait until analysis is completed to be sure. Regardless, this means that FluCide is, in my opinion, a cure for influenza.

Once again, remember that FluCide works in the bloodstream, not the cell. For the few readers who may not know, NanoViricides creates nanotech constructs called micelles. Very specific ligands, or "signal triggering molecules," are attached to the micelles.

In essence, viruses react to these artificial constructs as if they were human cells. They are seduced by these ligands, which have the same signals as cell walls. The viruses enter NanoViricides' nanostructures. Inside, they attempt to take over a genetic replication mechanism. It's not there, so the spent viruses are disassembled and cleared harmlessly from the system. With enough FluCide in the system, viral loads plummet rapidly as they are lured into the nanoviricides. Symptoms disappear within hours.

It is important also to know that nanoviricides are not metabolized by the liver. Even at high levels, there has been no evidence of toxicity. This is why it was not surprising that Dr. Krishna Menon of KARD Scientific reported that "There were no drug-related side effects observed in the FluCide-treated animals."

The mechanism of action, the capture and dismantling of viruses in the bloodstream, has been verified in human cell cultures as well as transgenic mice with human tissues. My confidence that this technology will work in humans can only be increased by actual clinical results.

A couple of other points to remember about influenza. First, it's fast. Clinical trials won't take years, as they do with slow-developing diseases like cancer and heart disease. Trials will last only weeks.

Second, governments have a history of fast-tracking influenza drugs because the threat of epidemic is so great. Epidemiologists say, in fact, that we are on the verge of another serious pandemic now. Several deadly new virus strains have already crossed species, so it's only a matter of time.

When FluCide is approved for any usage, perhaps for heart disease or HIV patients in hospitals, it will quickly go into widespread off-label use. Anybody who comes into an emergency ward with a cough will get the therapy. Hospital costs as well as flu symptoms and mortality will be radically reduced by FluCide.

The impact of this revolutionary technology will be felt globally. The lethality of influenza viruses will rapidly fall. When fully deployed, it will be a macroeconomic event of historic proportions as influenza transforms from a dreaded to an easily treated illness.

Up in to the resistance zone we go. Time to trade out some free shares in the hope buying my lottery ticket back cheaper in a week or so? What do you reckon CP?

I don't know DS, sounds like a gamble to me :lol::lol:

On a serious note, it has rallied into resistance this time, rather than pop like the last two. So maybe this time it will be different?

• 2 weeks later...

nnvc210411.png

Take NNVC on a 5 year weekly log chart, and it all becomes apparant what is going on ;)

Nice chart CP.

Here's the latest from AllAllan. I think it's fair to say that he is pretty bullish :)

NNVC - last chance to buy under $100

Treatment with NanoViricides FluCideTM Drug Candidates Resulted in a 1000-fold Reduction of Viral Load in the Lungs of Animals Infected with Lethal Dose of Influenza Virus

I've been posting about NanoViricides since it was 8c a share. My $100 share projection by 2014 stands, with my leanings now toward a higher valuation and sooner in light of every incremental step, as per the news above, that they are taking. This is the real deal, the stock of a generation, of three generations and of the 21st century. Have I made myself clear?

http://allallan.blogspot.com/2011/05/nnvc-last-chance-to-buy-under-100.html

Nice chart CP.

Here's the latest from AllAllan. I think it's fair to say that he is pretty bullish :)

http://allallan.blogspot.com/2011/05/nnvc-last-chance-to-buy-under-100.html

Hey DS

The more I learn about this outfit, and the more I examine this chart, the more I think I should buy a few more of these?

I've been doing a lot of reading into these FDA trials. Intuition tells me they will fly through Phase 1. All the work is done. Essentially, a safe ride to Phase 2 trials?

Hey DS

The more I learn about this outfit, and the more I examine this chart, the more I think I should buy a few more of these?

I've been doing a lot of reading into these FDA trials. Intuition tells me they will fly through Phase 1. All the work is done. Essentially, a safe ride to Phase 2 trials?

Our man Patrick Cox will no doubt have another letter out shortly and we know what happens when these get released :) SO yes there might be an opportunity to trade in and out here.

As far as the longer term goes: They were talking about a pre-IND meeting with the FDA a few months back. This is usually a step taken before phase 1 trials. Do we have a time scale for this yet?

I used to work in R&D in the pharmaceutical industry and know from experience that anything can happen. I mean just look at my foray in to Renovo! That looked a dead cert then inexplicably failed. Fortunately I got out a few days before the crash as I have seen to many companies crash and burn when late phase trials fail. I'm riding free shares in NNVC now so I'm a bit more relaxed.

It's looking good so far but why on earth have they not got their embarrassment of a website sorted out. They promised to have it presentable over a year ago!

Our man Patrick Cox will no doubt have another letter out shortly and we know what happens when these get released :) SO yes there might be an opportunity to trade in and out here.

As far as the longer term goes: They were talking about a pre-IND meeting with the FDA a few months back. This is usually a step taken before phase 1 trials. Do we have a time scale for this yet?

I used to work in R&D in the pharmaceutical industry and know from experience that anything can happen. I mean just look at my foray in to Renovo! That looked a dead cert then inexplicably failed. Fortunately I got out a few days before the crash as I have seen to many companies crash and burn when late phase trials fail. I'm riding free shares in NNVC now so I'm a bit more relaxed.

It's looking good so far but why on earth have they not got their embarrassment of a website sorted out. They promised to have it presentable over a year ago!

Haha! Yeah, the website. Good point.

I have been reading what is required to proceed to Phase II trials. So, given all the testing and results NNVC has, they should fly through phase I, possibly just go through to phase II. But, as you say anything can happen (and a lot more ... A am yet to be tested on this biopharma stuff, just going on what I know!).

From what I gather, the highest risk is in Human trials. The drugs can produce high levels of toxicity not observed in animal studies. Or in Renovos case, just don't really work.

What is your opinion?

From what I gather, the highest risk is in Human trials. The drugs can produce high levels of toxicity not observed in animal studies. Or in Renovos case, just don't really work.

What is your opinion?

The great advantage to these nanoviricides is that they act outside of the cell. They simply float around in the blood stream mopping up the viral load and stop the virus from invading other cells. As a result if there is no toxicity in their mouse animal model there is a very good chance there will be no toxicity in Humans either.

All the results to date have shown these things work in mice. It seems it's always this Dr Menon who does the work though so I would feel more comfortable if other could replicate the results. The collaboration with Eva Harris went some way to doing this although I believe that was tissue culture only?

In any case yes phase 1 should hopefully be OK. If we get to phase 3 the speculative fever surrounding this stock will be intense. If we get there I intend to take some more money off the table. I might look back on that as the dumbest move of all time but as I say so many companies die after failing at phase 3 so you really have to sell some in to that strength.

Anyway good to see more news coming out. The thing I really want to see is them finally getting this pre_IND meeting lined up and that bl**dy website sorted out!

The great advantage to these nanoviricides is that they act outside of the cell. They simply float around in the blood stream mopping up the viral load and stop the virus from invading other cells. As a result if there is no toxicity in their mouse animal model there is a very good chance there will be no toxicity in Humans either.

All the results to date have shown these things work in mice. It seems it's always this Dr Menon who does the work though so I would feel more comfortable if other could replicate the results. The collaboration with Eva Harris went some way to doing this although I believe that was tissue culture only?

In any case yes phase 1 should hopefully be OK. If we get to phase 3 the speculative fever surrounding this stock will be intense. If we get there I intend to take some more money off the table. I might look back on that as the dumbest move of all time but as I say so many companies die after failing at phase 3 so you really have to sell some in to that strength.

Anyway good to see more news coming out. The thing I really want to see is them finally getting this pre_IND meeting lined up and that bl**dy website sorted out!

I shall email Dr Seymour bout this bl**dy website. It is unofficially about 90% up. I shall see what other info I can spill out of him.

I was looking at Renovo. You know, you could have spreadbet this with a guaranteed stop, set at 12.5% away. Maybe I could do this with NNVC when/if the time calls.

Our man Patrick Cox will no doubt have another letter out shortly

And lo here it is fresh off the presses:

NanoViricides Scores the Influenza Trifecta

The other technology too frequently assumed to be "far in the future" is nanomedicine. This is probably because the general public and media are more familiar with the electronics aspect of nanotechnology.

In the last few weeks, there have been a number of articles in relatively prominent publications announcing breakthroughs that will one day make nanomedicine a reality. We know, however, that it is a reality now.

NanoViricides Inc. has released the final data set generated in tests of their influenza drug candidate on animals infected with H1N1. We already knew that the treatment, FluCide, dramatically reduced the tissue damage caused by viruses in exiting cells as well the cytokines associated with influenza. Now that the actual number of viruses in the lung has been calculated, you probably won't be surprised to learn that virus counts in animals treated with FluCide were more than a thousandfold lower than in untreated animals.

This is even more significant when compared to virus counts in animals given the standard flu treatment, Tamiflu. Those animals experienced a reduction of virus loads of only half. Moreover, virus loads in the Tamiflu mice returned to the same level as untreated mice within a few days of dosing. The following paragraph from the press release is key:

"Of great clinical significance is the fact that two of the optimized FluCide drug candidates maintained this greatly reduced lung viral load at seven, 13 and 19 days after virus infection in this 21-day study. Thus, treatment with FluCide drug candidates appeared to protect against the complete cycle of infection, virus expansion and spread of infection in the lungs that follows the initial virus infection. This was not the case for the oseltamivir-treated animals. Animals treated with oseltamivir (Tamiflu, Roche) showed less than a twofold reduction in lung viral load at four days, and the viral load was increased at seven days to the same level as that found in the infected, untreated control animals shortly before their death."

NanoViricides has a cure for influenza. Yes, human trials are still needed to prove it. Due to the fact that FluCide works in the blood, rather than in cells, I think there is very little chance that it will not perform in humans just as it does in human cell cultures and animals.

This is truly historic. Influenza is and always has been a significant burden on humanity. It not only kills millions on a regular basis, it drags down economic growth globally. I think that one day, many of you will tell your grandchildren about the olden days when everybody was afraid of the flu. That was before people like you helped capitalize the company that ended the scourge and made thousands of people rich.

It is a sad commentary that our media have not recognized and heralded this technology. On the other hand, the lack of recognition is keeping NanoViricides' stock at incredible bargain levels. If you haven't acquired as much of this company as you want, you still have time

And right on cue we get a 7% blast off in the stock price. Did you manage to buy any CP?

No, I didn't i'm afraid. Like most stock's, whenever they are pumped, they eventually comes back down.

Do you subscribe to Patrick Cox's newsletter? Does everything he pumps acts like NNVC?

No, I didn't i'm afraid. Like most stock's, whenever they are pumped, they eventually comes back down.

Do you subscribe to Patrick Cox's newsletter? Does everything he pumps acts like NNVC?

I don't subscribe nor do I really follow any of his other picks.

You can usually pick up his letter content off the ihub message board.

• 2 weeks later...

I shall email Dr Seymour bout this bl**dy website. It is unofficially about 90% up. I shall see what other info I can spill out of him.

Hi CP, Did you ever get a response from Dr Seymour? Would be interested to know what he had to say.

Hi CP, Did you ever get a response from Dr Seymour? Would be interested to know what he had to say.

CP, are you about? NNVC on the move again and this time it is not due to our man Patrick Cox sending out another newsletter. General expectation of news to be delivered next week....

CP, are you about? NNVC on the move again and this time it is not due to our man Patrick Cox sending out another newsletter. General expectation of news to be delivered next week....

Hi DS

Thanks for the reminder. I just emailed him.

I think its just been building energy for the last few months. Distribution. Maybe this will be the move to break out?

What news do you think it could be DS?

Hi DS

Thanks for the reminder. I just emailed him.

I think its just been building energy for the last few months. Distribution. Maybe this will be the move to break out?

What news do you think it could be DS?

Their 10 Q is out:

http://xml.10kwizard.com/filing_raw.php?repo=tenk&ipage=7627855

Requirement for Additional Capital

As of March 31, 2011, we have a cash and cash equivalent balance of $7,763,391 which will be sufficient to fund our currently budgeted operations through December 31, 2012 at the Company’s current rate of expense.

We estimate that we will need approximately an additional $10M to $15M over the next 18 months for further development of our drug pipeline. These additional funds, if raised, will enable us to perform Toxicology Package Studies and additional efficacy studies necessary to prepare the full dataset required for filing our first Investigational New Drug Application (“IND”) with the US FDA on one of our drug candidates. The additional funds will also be needed to pay additional personnel, increased subcontract costs related to the expansion and further development of our drug pipeline, and for additional capital and operational expenditures required to file our first IND.

So looks like we have another 18 months before we get to file an IND with the FDA... hmmm it's tempting to bail now, focus on gold stocks and come back in a year...

ProActive will have NNVC speaking next month: ... NNVC-chart

Proactive Investors One2One Investor Forum - Denver

Want to know more about our events? Watch the video here Register Here.

The directors of International Stem Cell (OTCBB: ISCO), NanoViricides (OTCBB: NNVC) and Bacterin International Holdings (NYSE AMEX: BONE) will be presenting:

Thursday the 16th June 2011,

Denver Omni Hotels and Resorts, 500 Interlocken Boulevard, Denver (Broomfield), Colorado

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DS, where did u go? IND submission underway!

My apologies CP. I've been a little caught up with work and buying a house. Yes I know I know UK property is a daft thing to be buying but I've found somewhere we like and can now afford it and its a home for us etc etc... And I can afford to hold on to my holdings in NNVC :)

Anyways thanks for the heads up. I'll catch up on the developments now.

Cheers

NanoViricides Signs Consulting Agreement with BCG for FDA Submission

WEST HAVEN, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- NanoViricides, Inc. (OTC BB: NNVC) (the "Company") announced today that it has entered into a consulting agreement with Biologics Consulting Group, Inc. (BCG) for the preparation and submission of Investigational New Drug (IND) applications to the FDA for its nanoviricides® drug candidates against various viral diseases

Good to see things are progressing :) Exciting times ahead CP