Nanoviricides / NNVC

And this report from our man Patrick Cox:

NanoViricides Contracts With BCG for FDA Submission

Dear Breakthrough Technology Alert Readers,

I'm keeping this short today. Fortunately, I've got good news regarding NanoViricides Inc. (OTCBB: NNVC). With most other companies, the hiring of even a top firm to help with the FDA submission process might not be such a big thing. NanoViricides, however, is in a unique position.

The reason, of course, is that the company has the only technology that can directly shut down viruses in the bloodstream. It doesn't require any kind of immune system tweak and it involves no drugs, in the common sense of the word. At all. In a word, it is historic.

While other companies are working on various ways to vaccinate for viruses, NanoViricides' simple nanotech approach to influenza, dengue fever, Ebola and a host of other viruses is fundamentally mechanical. Signaling ligands are attached to polymer nanotech structures called micelles. These are the nanoviricides that lure viruses inside them, where they are trapped and harmlessly eliminated from the system.

I'm still amazed that the legacy media hasn't caught on to this astonishing technology, which is the most revolutionary implementation of nanomedicine to date. Nevertheless, the company's agreement with the renowned Biologics Consulting Group Inc. (BCG) to assist with FDA approval is a big deal.

Those of you who have been with me for a while remember when multiple analysts were claiming that NanoViricides was a scam and that I was part of the scam. In fact, I'm pretty sure that many of those making such claims were actually part of a scam themselves, trying their best to drive the stock price down, either to buy shares cheap or to short the company. We're seeing this same pattern of short attack on many of our companies right now. BioTime (AMEX: BTX) and Star Scientific (NASDAQ: CIGX) are most notable for the savagery and dishonesty of the attacks.

Regardless, the recent spectacular validation of NanoViricides' FluCide in animals, combined with the BCG agreement, puts the company on track to billion-dollar status. The use of BCG, by the way, is important because they specialize in biologics, which often face different regulatory issues than traditional drugs.

Remember also that NanoViricides has recently signed an agreement to rent and possibly acquire the structure for their own cGMP (current good manufacturing practice) facility. If you'd like an overview of this government-required facility, check this out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/NanoViricides-Reports-AntiHIV-bw-1241822342.html?x=0&.v=1

WEST HAVEN, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- NanoViricides, Inc. (OTC BB: NNVC) (the "Company") reports that its lead anti-HIV candidate achieved anti-HIV efficacy equivalent to a HAART (highly active anti-retroviral therapy) triple drug cocktail in its recently completed animal study. Treatment with the lead anti-HIV nanoviricide reduced HIV levels and protected the human T cells (CD4+/CD8+) to the same extent as treatment with the HAART cocktail. The three drug HAART cocktail used for comparison in this study is one of the combination therapies recommended for initial therapy in humans. No evidence of drug toxicity was observed. The lead candidate will now undergo further optimization.

I seem to remember they claimed HIVCide was thousands of percent more effective than HAART. Now it's only equivalent? What gives?

I've been reading across on ADVFN IHUB. That DrFeelgood fellow points out that the recent test was more or less a gram for gram comparision. He suggests, the subject will be able to tolerate much larger doses of HIVCide as it supposedly produces no tox side effects.

Remember Oct' 09? I think that is what is in store if we are to shoot higher.

I've been reading across on ADVFN IHUB. That DrFeelgood fellow points out that the recent test was more or less a gram for gram comparision. He suggests, the subject will be able to tolerate much larger doses of HIVCide as it supposedly produces no tox side effects.

Remember Oct' 09? I think that is what is in store if we are to shoot higher.

Do you think we are headed back to the Oct 09 lows?

NanoViricides Expands On Prior HIVCide Effectiveness Release

the Company anticipates that HIVCide would be able to complement almost any of the various HAART therapy regimens and provide additional therapeutic benefits. The Company believes that such a combination therapy that includes HIVCide would possibly achieve a “functional cure” of HIV/AIDS.

Potential functional cure for HIV/AIDs folks. Admission price $1.18 per share. Oh and did I mention their platform also has candidates that might provide a cure for ALL of the following:

Influenza

Rabies

Ebola

Dengue

Herpes

We are on sale here and close to the 610 d MA.

NanoViricides Expands On Prior HIVCide Effectiveness Release

Potential functional cure for HIV/AIDs folks. Admission price $1.18 per share. Oh and did I mention their platform also has candidates that might provide a cure for ALL of the following:

Influenza

Rabies

Ebola

Dengue

Herpes

We are on sale here and close to the 610 d MA.

DS, the way I see it, if we don't take off from these levels in the next couple weeks, we are in trouble. With these OTC stocks which no one trusts, and what seems like a never ending supply of short sellers who believe every other OTC is a fraud, anything can happen!

Having said that, it held up well on today's statement.

DS, the way I see it, if we don't take off from these levels in the next couple weeks, we are in trouble. With these OTC stocks which no one trusts, and what seems like a never ending supply of short sellers who believe every other OTC is a fraud, anything can happen!

Having said that, it held up well on today's statement.

Ooo, we just got some action ... I hope I am wrong?

Ooo, we just got some action ... I hope I am wrong?

Might hit $1.oo again... or even $0.75

• 2 weeks later...

Latest from our man Patrick Cox:

More Spectacular Data From NanoViricides

I've written for several weeks now as information is released about the HIV/AIDS animal tests from NanoViricides. Last week, I pointed out that the first-pass version of the HIVCide drug is as effective as the best HAART cocktail of AIDS drugs currently on the market. It will be cheaper, however, and viruses cannot develop a resistance to the therapy.

So let's think about what this therapy is worth. It is helpful, therefore, to look at the leading HAART cocktail, Gilead Sciences Inc.'s Atripla. This is the world's best-selling HIV therapy, but Gilead is currently in the process of replacing Atripla with a four-in-one combination pill. They are doing so for several reasons.

First, Atripla has too many side effects. Second, the HIV virus is learning to deal with existing HAART cocktails.

The FDA has determined that the new drug is "noninferior" to Atripla in terms of efficacy, but has fewer side effects. Last week, however, I showed you the data indicating that HIVCide will work as well, and there have been no side effects in animals. So what's it worth? According to Sanford C. Bernstein & Co. analyst Geoff Porges, in the linked article, Gilead's new drug sales could reach $4 billion annually.

As I said last week, there is every reason to believe that HIVCide's efficacy, which matches the cocktail approach in current animal tests, will dramatically improve. This is because the polymeric micelle portion of the NanoViricides technology was intentionally tuned down so that scientists could isolate the effectiveness of various biological ligands. When the micelles are tuned up and the ligands tailored for HIV, then we'll know exactly how much more effective the drug is.

There is another aspect to HIVCide that makes it attractive, however. I'm speaking of its dosing profile. In the tests, HIVCide was administered at much, much lower doses than the HAART drug.

Significantly, there were no side effects, which means that it is likely that HIVCide can be administered at even higher doses safely. At higher doses, the effectiveness against the virus increases. That alone should make HIVCide more effective than the best HAART cocktail. As significantly, however, the NanoViricides drug candidate remained active far longer than the HAART cocktail, which must be taken daily.

The press release states:

"The drug candidate, HIVCide, also showed a markedly lower total drug dose than standard highly active antiretroviral treatment (HAART) triple-drug cocktail therapy in a recent animal trial, the company said. The antiviral effect of HIVCide continued throughout the 48 days of the study, even though the HIVCide dosing was discontinued after 20 days. The company also said the HIVCide's clinical benefit continued for at least four weeks after the last drug dose."

This is extremely important. These mice are transgenic. When they are infected, human cells are infected. However, mice have much faster metabolisms than humans. Nevertheless, HIVCide remained in the animals' systems, effectively killing HIV viruses, for four weeks after the last dose was given. I expect that the drug will remain active in humans for three-six months, though the company is not saying this.

As the press releases says:

"Treatment with the drug reduced the HIV viral load and protected human T-cells (CD4+, CD8+) as effectively as treatment with the HAART cocktail at 24 days as well as at 48 days, the company said. There were no side effects or adverse effects observed for the HIVCide therapy group."

This means that dosing with HIVCide will be far more convenient than the daily HAART regimen. I predict that, eventually, HIVCide will be administered through a simple injection or skin patch once a month, or even less frequently.

Incidentally, these results have big implications for the company's influenza treatment, FluCide, and its herpes therapy. Because the drug is active far longer than it takes for the body to develop immunity to a flu virus, I predict that a single administration of FluCide will completely cure even the worst flu virus. Herpes could be controlled, perhaps, by quarterly treatments.

From the press release:

"The company said the sustained clinical benefit after stopping nanoviricide treatment is highly significant. Earlier, it saw a similar sustained reduction in viral for its anti-influenza FluCide drug candidate. The company uses nanoviricides made from a polymeric micelle structure designed to get a long circulating drug half-life in the body."

Remember, we are all about the long run. Think back to the Great Depression. People who invested in the big transformational technologies like electronics and artificial substances did not get rich immediately, but they got rich.

In times such as these, it's easy to get discouraged. Don't be. In five or 10 years, maybe less, people will look back and marvel at the people who had the foresight to buy transformational companies like NanoViricides and BioTime when the entire market seemed ready to jump off a building.

Might hit $1.oo again... or even $0.75

Low for the year: 52 Week Range: 0.97 to 1.74 - NNVC-chart

NNVC touched $1.00 om Aug. 10th

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

NNVC / NanoViricides Inc. (OBB) ... update

nnvc.png

nice buy, CP !

• 2 weeks later...

POP! And we're off! Who's still in this thing?

I still have my "free" shares in this lottery pick :)

Lets see what the pre-IND meeting brings. According to NNVC their clinical trials should be very short due to the nature of the flu virus. I think we should have a very good indication if this thing is the real deal within the next 12 months.

• 1 month later...

NNVC / NanoViricides Inc. (OBB)

5/2/2012

Last: 0.56 -0.01

Open: 0.585 High: 0.63 Low: 0.56

Volume: 162,098

Percent Change: -1.75%

Did you buy?

Up 23% today :)

CP you about? And still on board? This looks very significant

NanoViricides Announces Issuance of a Fundamental Patent in the USA

NanoViricides, Inc. (OTC BB: NNVC) (the "Company") announced today that a fundamental patent, on which the nanoviricides® technology is based, is due to be issued in the USA on May 8, 2012. The issuance notification was received from the US Patents and Trademarks Office last week.

The US Patent (No. 8,173,764) is granted for "Solubilization and Targeted Delivery of Drugs with Self-Assembling Amphiphilic Polymers." It will be issued on May 8, 2012. The patent term is expected to last through October 1, 2026, including an anticipated extension, with the possibility of further extensions in compensation for time spent in clinical trials.

The US Patent has been allowed with a very broad range of claims to a large number of families of chemical structure compositions, pharmaceutical compositions, methods of making the same, and uses of the same. The disclosed structures enable self-assembling, biomimetic nanomedicines. NanoViricides, Inc. holds exclusive, perpetual, worldwide licenses to these technologies for a broad range of antiviral applications and diseases.

CP you about? And still on board? This looks very significant

NanoViricides Announces Issuance of a Fundamental Patent in the USA

Yes still about. Have not sold a share since I first brought in Oct' 09.

DS, it looked impressive. Some serious buying started just before 2pm EST.

I did think they owned the patents already (a sign of how little I understand this sector)?

Can you shed some light please on how this affects the company going forward?

P.s - I should think this has certainly flipped Allan's model LONG.

Can you shed some light please on how this affects the company going forward?

This is best summed up in a post from Dr F over on that crazy ihub board :)

No one seems to get that this patent approval is not the one or scope the docs were expecting. This approval is for the ENTIRE platform. This approval, if I read the PR correctly, means Allexcel, and therefore NNVC, owns the exclusive rights for the entire base and that no one can legally reverse engineer the platform and simply slap a new set of ligands to the structure and call it an improvement. This protection extends to all countries in the WPO. This news is huge, and it makes the follow-on patent applications for antiviral use a slam dunk and nothing more than a possible strategy for extending patent protection a few more years.

The company owns the entire approach! This ownership will include the original intent for the technology, a therapeutic courier for targeted drug delivery such as RNA therapies.

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=75293754