GEI's Reign of Terror - Tigger-happy Mods takeover

Ah..missed that quote and the whole debate, what topic was this on?

Being a Deflation Knuckhead myself I would have liked to comment on this.

The hyperinflation thread, here you go;

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....st&p=142089

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have I overreacted towards fitkid?

I almost banned AAK yesterday, but that was before Bubb started his terror reign. I think you overreacted towards Aardvark, even if it was on your on thread.

No, i don't think you did. I saw the lights of the ban train coming and so did he but chose to ignore it. After all its only 24 hours.

Nil Desperandum and all that, see you in 12 hours and counting Fitkid.

Is it really necessary that anybody who disagrees with this person has to have all this garbage thrown at them while the moderators do sweet FA?

Dispite a poll showing support for Roman Holiday we have to listen to hyperinflationists calling deflationists misguided knuckleheads dominating with dense clueless misguided blah blah blah. This garbage is constantly going on here.

Either allow people to defend themselves by any means necessary or make this a place of polite respectful interaction by ensuring that this kind of unnecessary baiting is prevented

Another must read! :lol:

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article15143.html

Where are the Deflation Knuckleheads who tended to dominate the web journals last spring and summer, in incredible dense vapid clueless fashion??? What a tremendously misguided group.

They follow religiously the deteriorating economies, miss the twin storm, ignore the power of the unprecedented monetary inflation, and somehow overlook the entire global movement if not revolt against the USDollar in a grand Paradigm Shift. They represent the worst economists in the alternative media on web journals. Their tunnel vision on the falling asset price effect left them vulnerable to missing a tsunami on their own doorstep, incredibly. They still do not offer an explanation of why crude is at the $80 price level again. Supplies of oil are nowhere as great as the false USGovt statistics indicate, but the entire world is hedging at the same time against the US$ with oil assets.

Do you actually understand what the word "Quote" means? Did you read the article or are you just looking for another fight?

I did not personally call anybody a knucklehead - it was taken from the article. If you have an issue with the article at http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article15143.html, I suggest you email the author at mailto:JimWillieCB@aol.com

I try my best and be civil with you and all you do is accuse me of being disrespectful.

Many thanks.

Wow 103 pages - Perhaps I won't be reading it from the beginning.

Maybe I'll try to re-educate some of those hyper-inflationists - not expecting it to be easy ;)

I look forward to reading your well reasoned arguments - just be open to the fact that it maybe you that is re-educated in this proces of learning.

A new suggested solution to the problems of name calling on this forum: State your position in your signature as I have done.

Permission to call Wisebear names is GRANTED.

A good idea - you had initially struck me as a blinkered, slow-thinker - and arrogant with a name like wisebear but this shows promise. I have come across people in the past that I under-estimated at first - later to be proven wrong so perhaps I am a slow-learner!

Permission to call Wisebear names is GRANTED.

A good idea - you had initially struck me as a blinkered, slow-thinker - and arrogant with a name like wisebear but this shows promise. I have come across people in the past that I under-estimated at first - later to be proven wrong so perhaps I am a slow-learner!

No, you're right that is me exactly - Have we met before?

... no one on GEI thinks that the world is a balanced place and we are all living in Shangri-La (if anyone does then maybe they would like to start a thread!). That might be the opinion of others outside GEI. Remember who you are criticising. Nuff respect!

Have you not seen my thread on Shangrila?

Apart from that, I agree with your comment.

I think AAK is highly sensitive, probably over-sensitive, to see these types of comments as personal attacks.

He needs to dial down his sensitivity

No, you're right that is me exactly - Have we met before?

You may be wise, but domit, man, you're ... a BEAR !

Some dont like that here. And I could see you getting in a big battle with WiseBull, if we had one here

I have always thought that a thread starter should have the right to dictate the content of the thread.

I'm not sure it is possible to give a thread starter the ability to delete or edit replies though.

I've found it frustrating that when I start a thread, meant for the purpose of gaining knowledge, it has on occasion been infested by those who have a different opinion, and the original purpose is lost. As a mod I've put up with that as I tend to be more lenient about things where I am concerned.

I do think your suggestion is basically a good one.

obviusly not that great an idea or even that workable as i got banned from posting on my own thread. :unsure:

I know how you feel steve my thread got hijacked by mercury drinking maniacs. :lol::lol::lol:

you never know what people are really like until they have power.

I think goldfinger should resign voluntarily from so called moderation as banning someone from posting and then posting on their thread knowing that you have just silenced the other posters ability to respond is absolutely outrageus.I think the situation has been created for heel clicking nazi's to run amock in the name of moderating.

Goldfinger is a self confessed non native english speaker who clearly lives a very sheltered existance with regard to his exposure to the rather cultured use of the english language.I dont blame him personally but feel that anyone who clearly views any words that have not been derived from QUEEN VICToRIAS CHASTITY BELT is far to myopic to moderate.Do yourself and everyone else a favour GF stick to what your good at i.e commenting on GoLD issues in which i have nothing but the highest RESPECT for your opinion on.

No hard feelings GF but i dont think moderation is your forte.

I think goldfinger should resign voluntarily from so called moderation as banning someone from posting and then posting on their thread knowing that you have just silenced the other posters ability to respond is absolutely outrageus.I think the situation has been created for heel clicking nazi's to run amock in the name of moderating.

Goldfinger is a self confessed non native english speaker who clearly lives a very sheltered existance with regard to his exposure to the rather cultured use of the english language.I dont blame him personally but feel that anyone who clearly views any words that have not been derived from QUEEN VICToRIAS CHASTITY BELT is far to myopic to moderate.Do yourself and everyone else a favour GF stick to what your good at i.e commenting on GoLD issues in which i have nothing but the highest RESPECT for your opinion on.

I'm sorry, fitkid, but that made me laugh.

Your point about marginal post on ONE's OWN thread does bear some consideration.

But being "in the cooler" for a quick 24, is hardly the end of the world, as I experienced myself

Although Goldfinger is German I think its a bit much to call him a heel clicking Nazi. Another 24 hours in the cooler should do the trick! Next time, remember, DONT MENTION THE WAR!!

Although Goldfinger is German I think its a bit much to call him a heel clicking Nazi. Another 24 hours in the cooler should do the trick! Next time, remember, DONT MENTION THE WAR!!

My theory about Goldfinger's identity is based on the known facts:

1. German with an excellent command of English but with a poor understanding of colloquial usage especially swearing.

2. Appears prudish.

3. Great attention to detail.

Therefore, my guess is that he is Prince Albert who has time-travelled into the future using technology invented by Nikola Tesla.

Give him a break, we need Mods here, who are willing to pull the trigger.

And if you think you can do better, then we will soon be having a vote on more Moderators for the site

i had no idea you were german GF, even after years of reading your posts!

He's not. He's Scottish married to a German. At least that was my take on it. I can't speak about avatars myself but have you ever thought of a better piccy, GF? That one is a bit manic, IYDMMSS.

Archived