Gold Bulls - "Clawing the Sky" as prices fall

drbubb

this current climate does seem to be showing posters for their true moral worth doesn't it.

just to clarify I am not rich in monetary worth, but I am rich in love. 2 fantastic children & a fantastic wife. It doesn't get any better than that imo.

Well said. Having money in my experience does not make you any happier unless you have genuine love and devotion to yourself and your environment. You can still have love and devotion without money or with money...Infact I will go as far to say that having money if you are not right in yourself will make you more unhappy and can be a recipe for disaster as the number of insatiable desires increases through the contact and clinging to outside objects. These short term pleasures can never be fulfilled as they are in their nature fleeting. Money allows you to "chase" them more. So before you become rich make sure you have happiness first that is not dependent on material and outer objects, then your experiences will not be a hindrance but dynamic and exciting.

Like the wisdom from the Geeta which says the above well:

"True happiness, born out of inner purification, is that which is like poison at first but in the end like nectar...False happiness, arising from the union of the senses with their objects si that which is first like nectar but in the end like poison"

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck, Dollar friends!

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...d6qHs&pos=6

Chinese Central Banker Sees Weaker Dollar, Limit on Demand for Treasuries

Chinese Central Banker Sees Limit to Nations’ Treasury Purchases

Dec. 17 (Bloomberg) -- Chinese central banker Zhu Min said that the U.S. can’t expect to fund all of its deficit by selling Treasuries to other nations and will have to issue more currency, making further weakening of the dollar “inevitable.

Good luck, Dollar friends!

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...d6qHs&pos=6

Chinese Central Banker Sees Weaker Dollar, Limit on Demand for Treasuries

I m skeptical of the USD longterm, but I m also skeptical that it will fall off a cliff in the medium term. I have been watching and documenting on here my thoughts on the USD...The confirmational bias is for one to look at arguments that only support their thesis. We are all guilty. I m trying to look at all reasons why the USD will fall and why it will rise.

This chart shows volume at every price level. It is very interesting to note that the highest volume in ten years has been in the last few weeks, on the buy side I might add for USD. There has been large buying, which is showing up in this fast pop up in the USD. As I have said before this accumulation started in August and has gathered pace since that time. I have no idea how long it will last. However, how anyone can deny that the USD is being bought in huge amounts at the moment is well in denial.

1261056217_80_UploadImage.png

Well said. Having money in my experience does not make you any happier unless you have genuine love and devotion to yourself and your environment. You can still have love and devotion without money or with money...Infact I will go as far to say that having money if you are not right in yourself will make you more unhappy and can be a recipe for disaster as the number of insatiable desires increases through the contact and clinging to outside objects. These short term pleasures can never be fulfilled as they are in their nature fleeting. Money allows you to "chase" them more. So before you become rich make sure you have happiness first that is not dependent on material and outer objects, then your experiences will not be a hindrance but dynamic and exciting.

Like the wisdom from the Geeta which says the above well:

"True happiness, born out of inner purification, is that which is like poison at first but in the end like nectar...False happiness, arising from the union of the senses with their objects si that which is first like nectar but in the end like poison"

Truly enlightened post,from a higher level of consciousness.

8697brainbreathe.jpg

"Houston, we have a problem"

(Rocket headed down - with volume)

LOL

WEAK LEADERS, Little Following (so far) from Canadian venture stocks (CDNX)

Gold and Gold shares look very weak.

Look at the heavy volume on those red candles (from yesterday) down into & thru the Bolly Bands

Updates : GLD : GDX : CDNX : GDXJ : advfn-charts

zzzzbc.gif

Those sorts of heavy fall normally continue.

The falls have dragged the Juniors down - GDXJ is 16% off its top* (more than Gold.)

But CDNX is mostly unscathed so far, only about 3-4% off its top.

== ==

*this is consistent with another pattern - new indices often get launched near tops in those indices.

(I can remember some of the FOPPs saying that the new Gold Junior index would help Gold Juniors.

In fact, it helped some holders to unload near the top.)

We havent seen THE rally yet.

But The Rally, may come after The Correction.

We havent seen THE rally yet.

But The Rally, may come after The Correction.

Dr Bubb do you see the rally after the correction as being temporary then? If Gold gets near $1,000 would we not expect to see more Chineese buying for instance to support it?

Dr Bubb do you see the rally after the correction as being temporary then?

If Gold gets near $1,000 would we not expect to see more Chineese buying for instance to support it?

Let's see hold Gold behaves on the way down.

Yesterday's drop was on heavy volume, suggesting it has further to go

Sat on hands since it went above $1,000 personally, just thought a return to that level-ish would be considered a good pullback.

Continue to watch rather than buy, but your alarm calls are really welcome.

I think I should make a record of some of the more aggressive posts from the FOPPs,

telling me how wrong I was

C'mon Dr B, you must be used to it having already been confirmed as a failed property speculator :lol:

Hmm.

Some "failure" !

This week, we sold one of our "mistakes" at a 42% uplift to what we paid in 2007, setting a new record

for 2009 at our estate. The whole Tung Ching market is buzzing about it this week.

The buyer was a mainland Chinese who wanted our trophy view:

panoramiclm5.jpg

The Bridge to Macau will show up in the right hand side view within 6-7 years

Macau_Bridge.jpg

The research mentions that the overall principle for future development of Zhongshan is to change from edge to junction, from isolated point to transfer station. With the speedy construction of Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge and Shenzhen-Zhongshan Passage, Zhongshan will become the nodes and its location will be greatly changed and upgraded; with further joints of highways and railways to Guangzhou and Zhuhai, Zhongshan will be unified with Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Zhuhai, Foshan, Macau and Jiangmen. The construction of the bridge will help Zhongshan improve the intercity transportation, enhance the industrial transformation and upgrading, promote the city image as well as establish and integrate Zhuhai-Zhongshan-Jiangmen economic circle to increase the competitiveness of Zhongshan. At the same time, southern part of Zhongshan will also enjoy the direct benefits and investment opportunities as a major vertical thoroughfare will connect this area after the completion of the bridge.

zhongshan-delta-bridge2.jpg

A high-speed land route in the Pearl River Delta will be formed with the completion of Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge and Guangzhou-Shenzhen Expressway, and the west part of PRD will form a living circle within 3-hour transportation with Hong Kong as the center. What’s more, with the completion of Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge, Shenzhen-Zhongshan Passage, Guangzhou-Zhuhai light railway and Taiyuan-Macau Expressway, Zhongshan will become an important transportation and logistics center in the west part of PRD.

/see: http://deltabridges.com/news/zhongshan-new...owards-junction

I'm thinking the more subdued nature of this thread speaks volumes. ;)

Yeah. They have all gone a bit quiet here.

Hows the mood over on 24K. Is it all "don't worry, this is temporary, chaps!" ?

It is interesting how we have been left with our very nice old core of reasonable balanced posters here.

Yeah. They have all gone a bit quiet here.

Hows the mood over on 24K. Is it all "don't worry, this is temporary, chaps!" ?

It is interesting how we have been left with our very nice old core of reasonable balanced posters here.

my guess at $1050 for end 2009 is looking pretty good I have to say. ;)

Some of physical metal holders are also reasonable balanced imo.

as regards 24knews, well yes I have to say that backfired terribly & I should probably use the egg on the face pic for swampy & myself. :lol: :lol:

Hmm.

Some "failure" !

You know I was jesting right.

Personally don't feel you should worry about those that goad you, since your calls have always looked more right than wrong; long may that continue, as sharing your calls to enlighten others deserves rewards.

C'mon Dr B, you must be used to it having already been confirmed as a failed property speculator :lol:

Hmm.

Some "failure" !

This week, we sold one of our "mistakes" at a 42% uplift to what we paid in 2007, setting a new record

for 2009 at our estate. The whole Tung Ching market is buzzing about it this week.

& your elusive German portfolio ?? 4 appartments wasn't it with a consortium, bought in late 2007 iirc. ;)

Archived