Gold Bulls - "Clawing the Sky" as prices fall

drbubb

I don't think Bubb is long physical gold at all, based on reading his posts for the last 2-3 years.

I think he is waiting in the wings for a huge gold crash. All imho of course. ;)

edit - can I also say that think this post title is hilarious. It has a MSM feel to it.

Diana will be turning in her grave.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why bother to wait for physical? Seriously a lot of the miners will have phenomenal Q4 earnings based on almost constant higher that ever gold prices throughout almost all of this Q3. Many are still undervalued and have lagged behind both gold itself and other stocks in the recent bull run.

I think there is a lot to be made from mining stocks going into next year considering how far they have lagged behind.

I completely agree and have already been making loads this year out of my juniors. DrBubb has been selling his though, so I think he is not going to be benefiting as much as he would have. For the last few months he has been selling juniors to fund his S&P puts, which if the FED announces another round of QE could end up being the wrong choice IMO.

I see shares as a bit of a gamble going into this crisis, so have limited myself to 30% of my net worth, the rest is nice and safe in physical bullion.

My top stock this year so far is JIN.TSE up 450% :)

Why bother to wait for physical? Seriously a lot of the miners will have phenomenal Q4 earnings based on almost constant higher that ever gold prices throughout almost all of this Q3. Many are still undervalued and have lagged behind both gold itself and other stocks in the recent bull run.

I think there is a lot to be made from mining stocks going into next year considering how far they have lagged behind.

Silver Weaton, Hecla, Nova Gold etc. etc. it's been one hell of a year and long may it continue!

I like Pinetree capital going forward PNP.to (rare earth metals) any tips for UK exploration I never seem to be able to spot any gems in the UK market.

I actually agree with you pyewackitt, but recently I have been feeling that some of the thread titles have been unnecessarily offensive to the many people that have decided to buy and hold gold/silver. Bubb's diary 2nd nov 2009 had the subtitle "Bigger slides in Stocks and Gold dead ahead?"

Well if he actually read my Gold Triple Threat Trader thread he would have known that I had long positions open at end of October. I think I have nailed that argument, but will Bubb admit he was wrong? No way! He is entrenched in his opinion and has created some more inflammatory threads this morning. He will say he is right, just his timing was off a bit.

I find this behaviour a little strange, as I have always respected Bubb and his advice. Believe it or not, but we agree on more than we disagree.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. If people can't take it, then they should not dish it out. (Bring it on if you think you are hard enough!)

My only wish is that next month's thread titles will have more respect for ALL GEI members.

I hope I have converyed my points in a suitable and respectful manner.

Good post and thanks for explaining your position FWIW :)

I agree some of the thread titles recently seem to have upset some of the boards regulars - the old 'Gold Trading' thread title as opposed to 'Gold Trading and Investing' springs to mind but personally i think it's making mountains out of molehills.

I was going to say the 'clawing the sky' isn't too helpful but does remind me of Wile E Coyote running off the edge of a cliff and running on the spot in thin air as so often happened but that the 'lets talk support levels and bounces' part was perfectly reasonable and exactly what was needing to be talking about during periods of pullback.

I completely agree and have already been making loads this year out of my juniors. DrBubb has been selling his though, so I think he is not going to be benefiting as much as he would have. For the last few months he has been selling juniors to fund his S&P puts, which if the FED announces another round of QE could end up being the wrong choice IMO.

I see shares as a bit of a gamble going into this crisis, so have limited myself to 30% of my net worth, the rest is nice and safe in physical bullion.

My top stock this year so far is JIN.TSE up 450% :)

Ye its been a good year for some things - my best play has been a little in Centamin Egypt (CEY) which i got for about 48p and now about 130 per share. As i said though i think the best time for juniors is still to come and see no reason not to be buying some of those considering how far behind gold many still are (a lot of the current juniors rose to their present value before the bull run of the last few months).

EDIT: My worst is still Central Rand (CRND) which was always a bit suspect but i was expecting the PUNO case to get thrown out and prices to rebound substantially amidst the gold frenzy - alas even though the case got dropped successfully the share is still a bit of a pig and the company management sucks, however based purely on potential assets its still undervalued and my investment was very minimal so i haven't lost much.

Good post and thanks for explaining your position FWIW :)

I agree some of the thread titles recently seem to have upset some of the boards regulars - the old 'Gold Trading' thread title as opposed to 'Gold Trading and Investing' springs to mind but personally i think it's making mountains out of molehills.

Has this thread just title changed???

I was going to say the 'clawing the sky' isn't too helpful but does remind me of Wile E Coyote running off the edge of a cliff and running on the spot in thin air as so often happened but that the 'lets talk resistances and bounces' part was perfectly reasonable and exactly what was needing to be talking about during periods of pullback.

Again this niggles me in a 1984 Orwellian sort of way. Changing thread titles once people have started to respond changes the dynamic of the posts. Some people will get angry and react to the subtitle, and then sometime later the subtitle changes subtly so other posters then think there is no need for others to react.

Again this niggles me in a 1984 Orwellian sort of way. Changing thread titles once people have started to respond changes the dynamic of the posts. Some people will get angry and react to the subtitle, and then sometime later the subtitle changes subtly so other posters then think there is no need for others to react.

Yes I agree wholeheartedly. If someone changes the thread title or subtitle they should at least have the balls to make a prominent post explaining why. I get the feeling a certain someone realised he was being a shade foolish and changed it. At least fess up to your "over exuberance".

I agree, it is very unfair to change a thread title after it has been started and posts have been made.

Up $20 in the blink of an eye now.

Be very interesting to see if this day ends up like all the other recent takedown attempts, with the price actually ending the day higher from all the shorts being desperate to cover.

Gold Bulls - "clawing The Sky" As Prices Fall

Its OK I just pinched Bubbs original title from HPC. it was the title for this thread as well.

BUBB please put the original title back in as its just cheating if you contually change history to suit yourself.

+1

Not convinced gold's going anywhere NEAR $900 on a minor tremor caused by a "mere" $59bn liability (not default) by a tourist resort/building site in the middle of the desert. There appears to be only minor Western exposure to Dubai World so if there's to be any heavy selling in gold, it'll come once the sales figures from Black Friday in the US "surprise" analysts who've been expecting fireworks <_< .

Even then, there are lots of buyers hanging around including a central bank or two

Some here, DONT GET IT.

The move in Gold today is not about Dubai. It is above complacency.

Risk is back, and so is currency risk. Carry-trades are getting unwound.

The complacent assumption that Stocks, Commodities, and Property could go on rising,

and the dollar would go on falling ... until sometime next year, when (maybe) US$ interest rates will

be pushed are is going to get tested.

zzzzg.gif

The real news here is the RISE IN THE DOLLAR against the Euro etc., as assets get sold and

money converted into US$ to repay dollar debts. THAT is why Gold is falling, and why it

was so obvious to me before the market woke up today, and began to see that Gold was

vulnerable too.

Gold Bulls - "clawing The Sky" As Prices Fall

Its OK I just pinched Bubbs original title from HPC. it was the title for this thread as well.

BUBB please put the original title back in as its just cheating if you contually change history to suit yourself.

???

what are you talking about?

This was the original thread

Cgnao gave me the idea, by posting this

freddy.png

Be very interesting to see if this day ends up like all the other recent takedown attempts, with the price actually ending the day higher from all the shorts being desperate to cover.

Wow. That would be something.

Smacks of wishful thinking to me. But it could happen, if somehow the dollar starts sliding again.

But I dont think so.

Many stops will get cleaned out on stocks and metals today. Then we shall see.

Some here, DONT GET IT.

The complacent assumption that Stocks, Commodities, and Property could go on rising,

and the dollar would go on falling ... until sometime next year, when (maybe) US$ interest rates will

Ben about to do the decent thing then is he? raise real interest rates.

Obama going to stop spending any time soon?

The US simply can't afford to do the right thing anymore it has chosen its path - devaluation of the dollar until Asian currency pegs are broken.

I expect gold to drop even further though later today when the US wakes up. They were shut yesterday for thanksgiving...yes ? So we see a drop when the DOW opens like earlier on the FTSE, then a rise to something lower than where we started today.

then finish at abpout $1150 ish for today.

Let me guess that all the gold selling today is ETF paper traders?? how do you find out what the split is/was between physical gold bought/sold & paper gold bought/sold ?

Some here, DONT GET IT.

The move in Gold today is not about Dubai. It is above complacency.

Risk is back, and so is currency risk. Carry-trades are getting unwound.

zzzzg.gif

The real news here is the RISE IN THE DOLLAR against the Euro etc., as assets get sold and

money converted into US$ to repay dollar debts. THAT is why Gold is falling, and why it

was so obvious to me before the market woke up today, and began to see that Gold was

vulnerable too.

Meawhile back in the land of reality...

http://www.reuters.com/article/fundsFundsN...536556520091125

Archived