Gold Bulls - "Clawing the Sky" as prices fall

drbubb

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today the fools had their stops cleaned out by the thieves on Wall Street. This happened while gold sales of coins were suspended and volume traded low. Of course those who have real gold bullion in their possession have nothing to worry about.

Many people have been advised to trade with stops in place.

I like to use options, and on a day like this, you can see why.

I dont think the slide is done. More bad news will tumble out next week, IMO. But no gtee of that

Of course. The more trade, the better (IF you're an investment bankster and you want to earn the fees that is :lol: ).

As an investment bankster, you don't want your client to be a buy and hold kind of guy. The more paper trades and derivatives, the better.

Of course. The more trade, the better (IF you're an investment bankster and you want to earn the fees that is :lol: ).

As an investment bankster, you don't want your client to be a buy and hold kind of guy. The more paper trades and derivatives, the better.

Of course at the top they want to tell you to be a buy and hold kind of guy - especially with leverage.

Moving on from the argumentals how about a stragergy of (1) having your core gold holding and (2) a Gold ETF - ride the upside with the ETF but ready to sell and move to the sidelines or even to a short ETF if a major pullback seems to be occuring.

OK spotting the major pullback is the big question

I know Romans will come back with his 100% hedged idea, but you have to be positioned in something before you can hedge it me thinks. That leaves your approach governed by the degree of upside/downside risk you are comfortable with.

Wow. That would be something.

Smacks of wishful thinking to me. But it could happen, if somehow the dollar starts sliding again.

But I dont think so.

Many stops will get cleaned out on stocks and metals today. Then we shall see.

gold2nv.gifwtf.gif

wwwwooooppppppssss There it is.!!!!!

Central Banks are hardly known for their timely buying.

I was buying Gold and Gold shares when they were truly cheap.

Remember, I am a few million ahead of most here, in my Gold buying

Bubb slightly confused are you saying you have Millions in gold????

Physical, shares or ????? please enlighten.!!

Maybe we should show a fizzling rocket?

termvr.gif

What's the "drag coefficient" today??

CITY BONUSES ARE GOING TO DISAPPEAR FAST in this plunge, if it continues

The Gold bulls dont want to read this thread, it seems.

That is known colloquialy as PREMATURE EJACULATIoN!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMdr4LYDE2U

I like to use options, and on a day like this, you can see why.

I dont think the slide is done. More bad news will tumble out next week, IMO. But no gtee of that

Stops are for folk who don't know what they are doing. They are just gambling.

Bubb is sounding more and more like the weather forecaster might rain,could be sunny, maybe some fog oh and potentially some sleet and snow.

WHAT A CALL !!!!!

THE oRACLE oF DELPHI RETURNS not to Greece but GEI.gwil10310.jpg

An interesting (bordering on the hysterical) day here on this thread:

The thread title was/was not - was/was not - was/was not changed.

Gold fell 45 then shot back up.

The owner of the site started to 'potty mouth' but was not banned.

Millions in bullion may or may not be owned by someone.

A welcome return of 'loadsamoney' Harry Enfield.

The Pied Piper of Hamelin used as propaganda for fiat believers - and then cleverly turned back on them by more skilful hands.

Aliveandkicking turns up late and talks some sense!

What a day :lol:

The Pied Piper of Hamelin used as propaganda for fiat believers - and then cleverly turned back on them by more skilful hands.

it was Stan Herbert not loadsamoney

i posted the pied piper first but it wasnt against the sound money fans

anyway it was fun

and im right cos im important

With all due respect Pluto you have obviously never traded for real. Telling people who have done their risk management homework that using stops is gambling is a very silly thing to say. I bet you have never experienced a margin call.

If you don't use stops then you are gambling as you have done no risk management.

If people want to trade without stops, then carry on. For me to win big someone has to lose big.

Anyway, I for one am glad of my stop this morning at 7am - it will pay for xmas and then some!

Stops allow you to bank a profit, and then when things blow over get back on the bus again.

With all due respect Pluto you have obviously never traded for real. Telling people who have done their risk management homework that using stops is gambling is a very silly thing to say. I bet you have never experienced a margin call.

If you don't use stops then you are gambling as you have done no risk management.

If people want to trade without stops, then carry on. For me to win big someone has to lose big.

Anyway, I for one am glad of my stop this morning at 7am - it will pay for xmas and then some!

Stops allow you to bank a profit, and then when things blow over get back on the bus again.

Short term trading is gambling as far as I'm concerned.

Stops are just useless devices that enable the market makers to see your hand. When market volume is low they can use any piece of news to pull the price and kick the stops.

Today was predictable.

Of note on todays action;

Hinde Fund Cuts Gold Investment to Minimum on Dubai, Dollar

Nov. 27 (Bloomberg) -- Hinde Capital Ltd., the London-based hedge-fund firm investing in gold, reduced its fund’s investment in the precious metal to 50 percent, the minimum weighting, from 125 percent previously.

Hinde Capital cut the holdings after the dollar rebounded and Dubai faced debt repayment problems, Ben Davies, co-founder of the fund, said today by phone. Gold fell as much as 4.2 percent today in London, the most since January, as the dollar rose 1 percent against a basket of six major currencies.

Dubai World, a state investment company with $59 billion of liabilities, has sought to delay repayment on much of its debt. Greek stocks had their biggest loss yesterday in more than a year as concerns about Dubai’s liabilities added to concerns about the nation’s weakening finances and bank funding.

“With the issues occurring in Greece, in the Middle East, it caught people off guard” because of the Thanksgiving holiday yesterday, said Davies, whose fund has returned 51 percent this year. “With the dollar strength, we saw a reduction in all risk assets.”

The Hinde Gold Fund will probably to return to 100 percent investment in the metal as prices are expected to reach a record in January because of demand from China ahead of the Lunar New Year celebration the following month, Davies said.

Central banks may provide more money to the markets during the year-end, he said. The fund cut positions in the derivatives market and maintained its gold holdings in Switzerland, he said.

Gold is set for a ninth straight annual gain, rising 32 percent this year and trading at record $1,195.13 an ounce in London yesterday. Hedge funds are private, largely unregulated pools of capital whose managers can buy or sell any assets and participate substantially in profits from money invested.

Hinde’s cut in gold investment was reported earlier on the Financial Times’s Alphaville Web site.

;):lol:

Archived