The Best of Youtube - Music

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I take it that you're looking for suggestions? I may have a few for your consideration ..................

I suspect that if you are using a composition as a 'theme' rather than just a one off broadcast you are going to have to gain some sort of permission by the owners of that recording to use it as a theme. (Your identity is well known enough not to be able to hide behind a pseudonym) and choosing something by an artist a little less familiar I would also suspect may be an easier option.

Am I correct to assume like the intro/outro music for CMR you're looking for something gently instrumental or with little vocal that can be talked over?

I thought it was acceptable to use up to X seconds, without permission.

Does anyone know what X is?

Some nice tunes there.

I sometimes wish I knew someone who had a good knowledge of classical or operatic music to be a mentor as there surely must be a whole loft size pile of stuff that deserves attention (especially piano concerto) and yet sadly I have had very little exposure to. Trouble is with an eclectic taste and limited time, you can often miss out on the hidden gems that someone with an in-depth knowledge of a genre can gain.

*shrugs*

Ho hum. I guess I get a varied landscape for the journey.

Some nice tunes there.

I sometimes wish I knew someone who had a good knowledge of classical or operatic music to be a mentor as there surely must be a whole loft size pile of stuff that deserves attention (especially piano concerto) and yet sadly I have had very little exposure to. Trouble is with an eclectic taste and limited time, you can often miss out on the hidden gems that someone with an in-depth knowledge of a genre can gain.

*shrugs*

Ho hum. I guess I get a varied landscape for the journey.

chances are you know more classical music than you think, you have probably heard a lot of music but do not know the composer

most of my limited knowledge of classical music comes from film soundtracks, but as you say a mentor would be handy!

Here ya go SR........Some great strings on this one

That's a cracker :)

Now this is a band that I’ve really missed, I guess the first time I heard them it was abit gimmicky with the "I think you are really fit" track that although it was quite "Fun" I judged it to be more designed for nightclubs, and not real pleasant ones either.

Not sure if it's on this thread but this was posted up on GEI a while back and I thought it was stunning.

That's a cracker :)

Now this is a band that I’ve really missed, I guess the first time I heard them it was abit gimmicky with the "I think you are really fit" track that although it was quite "Fun" I judged it to be more designed for nightclubs, and not real pleasant ones either.

Yep i know what you mean. The first album was a classic and they never really produced anything quite as good after that. I remain a big fan on the strength of it though

Not sure if it's on this thread but this was posted up on GEI a while back and I thought it was stunning.

I posted it on here about 4/5 pages back and i agree.........great track & vid

Yep i know what you mean. The first album was a classic and they never really produced anything quite as good after that. I remain a big fan on the strength of it though

I posted it on here about 4/5 pages back and i agree.........great track & vid

ahhh.... yes, that was a nice post, not often you get a video like that. I probably end up picking it up at some point.

Picked up a faithless CD (double disc) for the best part of £4 today (yes I'm blaming the purchase on this thread - lol), and skipped right to track 8 on the 2nd disc, even turned the bass up a little bit as well. :)

Found this interesting............

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/car-ma...toric-deal.html

"The deal has been called a "prommercial" by an advertising agency."

I actually saw the commercial (yes and I hang my head in shame I was watching big brother) then this come on.

Funny how this sort of music is acceptable when alongside a sales pitch (in this case a new Fiat Car), but gather a few people around and play it loud in a field and I'm confident that you will get plenty of attention from many trying to turn it down/off.

Found this interesting............

Funny how this sort of music is acceptable when alongside a sales pitch (in this case a new Fiat Car), but gather a few people around and play it loud in a field and I'm confident that you will get plenty of attention from many trying to turn it down/off.

Might struggle in Weston Park this weekend ;)

Guess it's more apt than the album's title track, then again if seeing no shame in watching big bro fancy a "TWEAK on MY NIPPLE" cap sir. :lol:

Most of my private internet browsing is on my mobile these days and this thread crashes my mobile internet which is a shame

Wonders how we went from the early days of rap having conscious lyrics like "the message" to modern gangsta rap Bring back the conscious stuff I say - good on ya Paradise