The Best of Youtube - Music

Most of my private internet browsing is on my mobile these days and this thread crashes my mobile internet which is a shame

yeah tough one - i tried skyfire and bolt - sometimes they work sometimes they dont!

ps - loved the message and Ice Cubes later sample check yo self

anyway, this is pretty far away from rap !

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might struggle in Weston Park this weekend ;)

True, but lets just hope their risk assessment, health and safety legislation and licences are all in order ;)

Guess it's more apt than the album's title track, then again if seeing no shame in watching big bro fancy a "TWEAK on MY NIPPLE" cap sir. :lol:

Umm Hmmm ............. ahhh haa :)

For the last week I’ve had a fair amount of travelling and I really wanted to withhold commenting until I heard the whole album.

It didn't leave the CD player all week.

I'm also starting to thing that the track "feeling good" just might possibly have saved more people from a "depression" than both Bernanke and King will ever have with the Stimulus programmes.

I'm also certain that I saw a post linking to the interview of Tweek your nipple posted on this thread.... anyway, Interview on the album track by track -

Add my name as another Faithless fan to the list. it's a great album

:)

Loved this, brought back many memories this did.

Triggered this one in my head after watching it. Just a shame it got butchered by an advert.

Thats wierd you posting that tune!

I was driving home last night and that tune came on the radio. Whacked the volume up full (like you do!)......hairs stand up on the back of the neck and i thought " I am going to post that to the music thread"

So thanks for that one........great tune!

A big trigger for me also. She reminds me very much of the first GF

Maybe i got a thing for crazy women!... :D

A big trigger for me also. She reminds me very much of the first GF

Maybe i got a thing for crazy women!... :D

lol - nothing wrong with that, I always find the slightly scatty ones more fun, (margo vs babs if you get my train of thought ;) )

Same sort of era, this is a classic in my book.

same here - some of their live stuff on youtube is amazing

i took the liberty of posting the longer (studio) version of pearl's girl....

Not a problem with that, but I gotta put this one up as well

Although there has been a lot of after production on this (This is from thier Everything Everything DVD) but it is them at thier absolute finest.

Underling I am very glad you decided to stay.

Also happy to see the 80#s revival that seems to be going on on the previous page - are we showing our age :lol:

Anyway think Underling might appreciate this + So might DrBubb ;););) apologies if its already been posted, then again no apologies for a classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqvwxvCOSH4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkUguBIcCVw...&playnext=2

Question for gold bugs - what was lying on the floor outside the jewellers between 1.40 and 1.50 in ????- obviously Jeff Wayne (or was it Orson Wells) didnt get gold as a safe haven investment ;)

And more than a few of you might appreciate this - great melody dont you think.....

Ps re war of the worlds - would it spoil it for all you sci fi fans if I were to mention that 90% of such films seem to be based on the same basic plot, aliens come with superior tech, mankind seems beaten, mankind unleashes a virus which wipes out said aliens. From the excellent V to the awful signs had this plot. It did for me - sorry! But full marks to Independence Day fo being original and making the virus a computer virus.

I see there is a musical version of War of the worlds on tour - interesting.....

http://www.soldouteventtickets.com/listing...ts&Filter=1

but I dont think it is quite the Mrs's "cup of tea" - I will have to sweeten her up.......................

+ A reggae one you might not have heard before

Off on my holidays now and when I return I've got to re-evaluate how I use my free time. This is a thread I've particularly enjoyed more than any other. In some ways I've probably learned more about you all as individuals here than on any other thread and I thank all for their contributions. Thought I'd post a few that should have been posted here a long time ago ............................

I still have to add thanks to all else especially Harvipak, sorry I haven't got a reposte for you but just to add I've loved all posts.

Peace and love to one and all and I sincerely hope you find your heart desire.

Anyway think Underling might appreciate this

Firstly thanks for the 'reggae' post. Do you know who the MC is as he sounds very, very familiar? It's appreciated (not heard before) and reminds me of stuff I used to collect (from the likes of U-Roy, Papa San, Tipper Irie et al. Have largely slept on new dancehall, though always catch the Big Mikey Dread podcast).

When I was a wee lad I was played the WOTW album by a friend's Dad who went on to tell all kind of graphic scarey stories about how the author had predicted this and that and it had all come true etc etc etc .............. . I couldn't listen to the album for years as he had scared the living daylights out of me. (That's Bloody Coppers for ya!)

I sometimes feel that a recording can sometimes be commercially too successful for a fair appraisal. Over-exposure can sometimes be like familiarity and breed contempt which is a shame. As a concept album WOTW must surely stand head and shoulder's above the huge majority both in it's success and it's quality. My personal favourite from the album though I would claim as a guilty pleasure ...................

One of my favourite concept albums is Pink Floyd's Final Cut. Essentially an anti-war album released after the Falklands War, it's lyrics pour scorn on war-mongerers .................

"Floating down through the clouds

Memories come rushing up to meet now

But in the space between the heavens and the corner of some foreign field I had a dream.

Goodbye Max, Goodbye Ma

After the service when you're walking slowly to the car

And the silver in her hair

shines in the cold November air

You hear the tolling bell

and touch the silk in your lapel

And as the teardrops rise to meet the comfort of the band

you take her frail hand

and hold on to the dream.

A place to stay (a real one), enough to eat

Somewhere old heroes shuffle safely down the street

Where you can speak out loud about your doubts and fears and what's more

No-one ever disappears, you never hear their standard issue kicking in your door

You can relax on both sides of the tracks and maniacs don't blow holes in bandsmen by remote control and everyone has recourse to the law

No-one kills the children anymore

Night after night going round and round my brain

this dream is driving me insane.

In the corner of some foreign field the gunner sleeps tonight .............

What's done is done.

We cannot just write off this final scene

Take heed of the dream."

I will openly admit I've never really collected guitar based rock and most of what I've collected tends to be more percussion orientated. I've only very recently started to delve a little deeper into 'rock' (mostly 70's) as a choice few DJ's I listen to have introduced me to it by dropping some into their sets. It has inspired me to look further into a genre which by and large I haven't explored ............. it's very difficult to pick the bones out of that genre to suit my tastes.

These must have been the first bands I followed when I was youngster .................

(Note to add that this is the only album of their's I bought. Their version of 'Strange Fruit' is appalling though it did introduce me to the original by Billie Holiday (though for pure production I prefer Nina Simone's version)

If Dr.Bubb ever visits this thread again he might want to listen to this band's music and lyrics. It vocalises and explains very well the mindset of the 'idle'.

(Saw them play Brixton on their re-union tour (minus Jerry Dammers who for me was the Specials) and nearly got into a ding dong with a group of blokes who were trying to intrude upon my dancing space. It was a gig I was both lucky to see and unlikely to see again was NOT going to give way to them and by Christ was I going to enjoy it!)

The 2-Tone era along with early hip-hop introduced me to so many genres of music. Thought I'd also pay a quick little respect here to the Streetsounds Electro series and it's influence within the UK..............

I only recently realised ( :blink: ) that Cybotron was one of the earliest pioneers of 'Detroit Techno' aka Juan Atkins.

lol ...................

I thought some here might also enjoy the eye opener that is the following live mix bearing in mind it's date and what has followed and has been posted here ................

I have the above on vinyl (an album I only dedided to buy at the time as a random purchase but I now gather is extremely valued) which I believe is a rare document on the early UK DJ/Rave era. I would have posted other sections of the album (raggamuffin Beastie Boys, house remix of Stand by Me, Planet Rock vs. Pablo Gad's Hard Times all live) but no youtube link available.

I would love to hear you all elaborate on your how your early influences and how they have effected your musical tastes, maybe even your personal philosophy.

Sorry about what now appears a long post.

It felt like half hour for me. :-)

Sorry about what now appears a long post.

It felt like half hour for me. :-)

Really enjoyed it though and echo the sentiment glad you stuck around.

Madness probably through Suggsy, seem one of those bands that are timeless and attract all generations, or so it seemed watching them live.

Firstly thanks for the 'reggae' post. Do you know who the MC is as he sounds very, very familiar? It's appreciated (not heard before) and reminds me of stuff I used to collect (from the likes of U-Roy, Papa San, Tipper Irie et al. Have largely slept on new dancehall, though always catch the Big Mikey Dread podcast).

Not sure of exact MC but the music seemed to be a mix (rather than just one track) of the Joyride album - chose to post that as when I visited the carribean back in 1996 this was all the rage (so not new sorry) - is one of those albums where various artists have done their own version of a tune to someones backing tracks. Some blinding tracks on there and some misses. While reminiscing on the good 'ole days it seemed a good choice.

Album info etc

http://www.amazon.com/Joyride-Various-Artists/dp/B000001TQS

Observes that since I discovered business podcasts and GEI my concentration on the other has been somewhat neglected. Lifebalance re-adjustment required!

I only recently realised ( :blink: ) that Cybotron was one of the earliest pioneers of 'Detroit Techno' aka Juan Atkins.

lol ...................

Sorry m8, now we also have to mention Kevin Saunderson.

:)

Documentary about Detroit.

As a matter of fact, I'm going to dedicate the above tunes to anyone who has decided to "stay put" in their home towns if/when a "long emergency" takes hold. Maybe it will, maybe it wont, however, Detroit as far as I am aware has and is still currently facing this.

I wonder what the future is ???

Just had a quick look and ended up finding out that Unkle and Underworld are both playing the Brixton Acadamy on a Friday (Unkle) and Saturday (Underworld) in November.

:blink:

TWO nights partying then. Meanwhile this was my booking yesterday, NIA B'ham on the 10th, Friday night so onto a club after as I can't get no sleep. INSOMNIA ;)

http://www.gigsandtours.com/gat/event.asp?...rs&filler3=

TWO nights partying then. Meanwhile this was my booking yesterday, NIA B'ham on the 10th, Friday night so onto a club after as I can't get no sleep. INSOMNIA ;)

http://www.gigsandtours.com/gat/event.asp?...rs&filler3=

NICE :)

I know you'll have a fantastic time !

Birmingham on a Friday is possible but very tough going for me so I might see what I can arrange for the London one.

These must have been the first bands I followed when I was youngster .................

Same here - great memories and great times. Madness were always 'my' band whilst I grew up listening to my older brother (by 6/7 years) play Slade, Sparks, T-Rex etc and then later The Stranglers, Joy Division etc. My father would sometimes play his Jean Michel Jarre (probably bought that because of our French friends!) and Abba albums so I think there was a great influence of different music types at an early age.

I saw Madness for the first time last year - awesome, one of the best times I've had.... Aswad were the support group if you can call them that. Very uplifting - I bought their new album which is ok as well. Night boat to Cairo is one of my favouites - a unique song and I also love Bed and Breakfast Man which is one of their early songs, but can't remember it being a single (and I did buy everything they did back then!) although it had a video.... strange.

If Dr.Bubb ever visits this thread again he might want to listen to this band's music and lyrics. It vocalises and explains very well the mindset of the 'idle'.

(Saw them play Brixton on their re-union tour (minus Jerry Dammers who for me was the Specials) and nearly got into a ding dong with a group of blokes who were trying to intrude upon my dancing space. It was a gig I was both lucky to see and unlikely to see again was NOT going to give way to them and by Christ was I going to enjoy it!)

The 2-Tone era along with early hip-hop introduced me to so many genres of music. Thought I'd also pay a quick little respect here to the Streetsounds Electro series and it's influence within the UK..............

Geat song - sounds like you had a top night just like I did..... those blokes were not skinheads then ;)

Just a thought, but I wonder if DrBubb went to any of the clubs in Detriot back in the day where techno was evolving :blink:

Firstly to promote this which coincides with my son's 15th and so not able to attend .................

chic featuring nile rodgers are at O2 indigo - 10 sept 2010 (ie: this coming friday)

Friday, 10th September 2010, 19:00 PM

Over 18s Only, ID required for entry

https://secure.ticke...go-2/2010-09-10