The Best of Youtube - Music

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They used to go on the BSA snowboarding holidays and my mates ended up on the same holiday with them one year, you might be disappointed to know how tame they were... even Keith!

Climbatize...superb track!

Saw them on the Fat of the Land tour and the crowd were well and truely bouncing to that one!

They used to go on the BSA snowboarding holidays and my mates ended up on the same holiday with them one year, you might be disappointed to know how tame they were... even Keith!

lol.....I can believe that. I remember in the very early days before they really took off, they were considered to be a bit nerdy.

They have done some great tunes over the years but they also have a large back catalogue of crap too

I like this one...Voodoo people (pendulum remix)

Enjoy.

Epic.

Just out of interest......... a quick pop quiz.

What was the tune that Carl Cox layed on Bondi Beach, Australia, 1999-2000 New Year just after the "chimes" ?

Oh if only I could have been there :blink:

Carl Cox......... THE worlds best DJ bar none.

I loved this as a small boy, but now on reflection it feels even more powerful, an historical record, literally.

Dont know if you remember, but the sampled commentary in "19" was based on a documentary about the Vietnam war that was screened some months before 19 was released. The documentary was chilling and very powerful and portrayed the full horrors of war. It was a tribute to the documentary and way ahead of its time

Dont know if you remember, but the sampled commentary in "19" was based on a documentary about the Vietnam war that was screened some months before 19 was released. The documentary was chilling and very powerful and portrayed the full horrors of war. It was a tribute to the documentary and way ahead of its time

I've never seen it.

Should track it down at some point.

http://www.vimeo.com/6519894

hmmmmm..... not very easy to find it seems

Ah ha................... they're all coming out now.

Bassomatic, Xpansions, K-Klass.............. and we've not even touched on the Prodigy, FSOL etc

Heres a few more.

Adamski was from Lymington in the New Forest. I actually Dj'd at a local house party with him back in day when his "Live & Direct" album came out in 1988.

Adamski was from Lymington in the New Forest. I actually Dj'd at a local house party with him back in day when his "Live & Direct" album came out in 1988.

Blimey, I’ve actually always wondered if “Adamski” was Adam Freeland under a different name. But I’ve never found out this to be true.

Ok here's a few more, kicking off with the tune that started it all for the prodigy.

I'll concur, but only to a point and I’ll be surprised if you've not got this one in the box.

by the way....... you can't beat a bit of "know how" ;)

just to say - i would add that it is very likely that both yourself and harvi have seen apocalypse now, but if you have not, boy are you in for a treat!

On the subject of Vietnam war and music remember this rather tenuous link

Full Metal Jacket (great film and another treat for those who have not seen it)

and

"Me So Horny" - 2 Live Crew

WARNING - EXPLICIT LYRICS !!!

tenuous link explained - doubt that you need it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Me_So_Horny#Film_samples

Riggers & others might like this one - KLF

KLF were also famous for burning a million dollars $$$$$$$$$$$$$

And that was in the days when a million was real money :lol: :lol: :lol:

This one is annoyingly catchy and annoyingly repetitive

Saw this one on TV earlier so here goes - always makes me smile...for some reason.....

Not sure about that Wyclef Jean remix LDB - mind not sure about W.J :lol:

If we are onto remixed versions, one which I seem to get in my head everytime i'm thinking of heading west has to be this.

Roll on November. :rolleyes:

b.t.w Mel and Kim seem to remember one of those girls for some reason ;) Sad demise though.

My wife's 40th coming up and to make sure the DJ dont spoil the party (concerns of Peter Andre's 'Mysterious Girl' ruining a perfectly good dancefloor) I've been told to make suggestions. Well, apart from getting up there and doing it myself (oh no no no no way on this earth, I'm gonna be drinkin') I've been making a desired playlist (so far have listed up to 62 tracks and counting) and I thought I'd post a couple here to get some opinions. Remember, 40th birthday party so age range between 13 and 60-odd ................... probably a load of blokes there too who'd've been dragged out screaming and kicking by their wifes/girlfriends. Want to keep all happy. What ch'all reckon ? Would these be good to sneak in?

-one of the wife's favourites ;) - I'd have preffered "Get off" myself

Lol ......... probably just ask him to play the original. I'd not want him during the opening 30 seconds thinking his equipment had gone wrong :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: