The Best of Youtube - Music

Funny that, I've got the same sentiments about that particular tune, there is something inherently enjoyable about it. Heard some really good -remixes- too. I think that somehow in that tune there are 'echoes' of genres I relate to. Wish I could put my finger on it.

Yep i know what you mean....its very commercial/easy listening. Majority of the song is rap, but there's reggae and drum & bass thrown in at the end. He was a good live act but somehow I dont expect him to pass the test of time....maybe i am wrong but time will tell!

Glad you enjoyed Glastonbury Harvi ............... it's a little too big and noisy for my tastes. I've tried to find a festie this year but they all seem to clash with a personal promise I've made to be elsewhere. There's a few I've watched which haven't come to fruition due to lack of funds, and a couple which did which I never expected to (Glade a prime example).

If you. or any others here, fancy any particular festival next year and wanna hook up start a thread and perhaps we could have a GEI UK music thread hook up.

Thanks for that Underling. As i said before. its the first time i have done Glastonbury and sort of a lifetimes ambititon to go if only once. I used to do Leeds/Reading every year up until 2004 and had just about hung up my festival boots, but i got the chance to go to Glasto and glad i went.

I agree that Glastonbury could be considered to be too big. A friend came up with a useless statistic saying that if you watched every band at Glastonbury, it would take you 86 days to see everyone (and thats not including sleep!)

So yes. if anyone fancies a "festival meet up" then i would be up for that. No Glasto next year but i wouldn't mind doing the Isle of Wight if i get the chance...(funds permitting)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Harvi some great stuff at Glastonbury, this one from Elbow always gives me the shudders.

Yep me too....fantastic tune!....and apologies to Guy Garvey for getting his name wrong! :unsure:

Didn't these really got the crowd going though.

Did you go to Glasto yourself? Didnt see them tbh and not really familiar with who they are but sounds good from that clip. Had a group of 14 of us in the end and mainly camped out at the pyramid stage for the simple reason we all couldnt agree on who to see!

In other news....just found this....

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJSdQQi5TyI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVNivk0_3_c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSjCGurcVE4

i saw ride at salisbury arts center (88?) when the second 'play' ep came out - the cover featured daffodils, so before the gig about 4 of us raided every available garden nearby of the prized daffs and then proceeded to the gig. Needless to say the first few songs were accompanied by a blaze of daffs being thrown; i got onto stage for the obligatory stage dive and decided it would be a good idea to pick up as many daffs before i leaped, however, i had accidentally picked up the lead guitarists amp lead as well, luckily i noticed before i jumped, but it was a close call!

It's a good job it wasn't the "FALL" EP, collecting all those penguins could have been tricky... Love ride (early stuff), great indie band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAHhWkpbguw

i saw ride at salisbury arts center (88?) when the second 'play' ep came out - the cover featured daffodils, so before the gig about 4 of us raided every available garden nearby of the prized daffs and then proceeded to the gig. Needless to say the first few songs were accompanied by a blaze of daffs being thrown; i got onto stage for the obligatory stage dive and decided it would be a good idea to pick up as many daffs before i leaped, however, i had accidentally picked up the lead guitarists amp lead as well, luckily i noticed before i jumped, but it was a close call!

Did you go to Glasto yourself?

Fat chance I could slope off 4, maybe 5 days on a music jolly from missus and kids err no chance Riggers :( randomly watched with envy a few acts on beeb 3 and iplayer.

T.b.h the thought of mud, have to agree with earlier comment, you do it, but once done better outdoor events past being a student. Plus for me, more local events like V fest, Download would appeal more and fairer on family....read I can get away with that one ;)

Prefer this version m8 ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap7uGtw4QLc

.............. and if I ever get to see a certain lady who i know dancing around a pole, with the odd flicker of a strobe light and the occasional "scan" from a laser accross her, with this tune blasting out at a level that the low freqs vibrates my chest the the highs tickle my spine.......... then theres a strong chance that I just might have found utopia.

prob to much info for ya, but i thought i'd share it with you - lol

:)