HPC - Giving it a rest

At least one on HPC appreciated truth-telling efforts there:

I started reading HPC in 2007 and it really helped me to be able to articulate a fear that I had about the level of house prices ect (particularly who needed convincing not to buy).

Around a year ago we came into some money (about 70K) and the natural thing to do with it would have been to use it as a deposit, however because I was able to use the arguments from this site to convince the misses (and myself) not to, we put half of the money in various other investment funds instead and spent the other half taking a year out traveling and doing voluntary work. Since then our investments have made a little under 10K and the type of house we want to by has reduced almost by half.

We can now almost afford to buy a simple little house in our town such as this one:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...tyType%3Dhouses

Which has been reduced from 100K to 60K without a mortgage and on top of that have just had the most amazing year of both our lives.

So thank you HPC and to the posters on here who take the time to educate those of us who otherwise might have made some very costly wrong decisions. Particularly, Realist Bear, Dr Bubb and others who put a lot of thought into their posts.

My response:

I expect the sort of home you can afford with your Pds.70,000 will improve and improve, as the market slides.

Have you thought of moving half of that outside Sterling?

If you moved into US$ at $2.00, you could have seen your Pds.70,000 rise to Pds.100,000

I liked Dollars in Q3.2009, but am looking at other currencies & Gold now as the home for most of my savings

• 1 year later...

... Azazel has pointed this out:

I appear to have been banned on HPC as well. None of my posts are appearing.

The mods are out of control and are hell bent on wreaking whats left of the site. Their banning of anyone who's views they don't agree with is like sticking their fingers in their ears and going la la la in the face of reality.

UNQUOTE

No "gold talk" - just regurgitated nonsense - seems to be the way forward at HPC

IF YOU ARE LURKING from HPC, and want to join GEI and offer your comment(s) here:

+ You are very welcome here !

+ You need to send me an email (to get registered here):

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=14337&st=0

+ I am happy to accept a "Group registration", if one wants to send an email for an entire group from HPC (or elsewhere) who wants to try out posting on GEI

Does the Express really serve their reader's by reporting in a less careful fashion?

The mainstream press does a rather poor job of reporting these figures. They toss out a headline, and never bother to do any analysis of the statistics behind the headlines. And many UK sheeple are stupid enough to simply believe the headlines. They will get what they deserve in the end. And I do not mean healthy profits.

(I do hope that readers here appreciate the care I take in collecting various price figures here, and analysing them with greater care than you may find anywhere else. It has helped me to get a sense of how the mainstream press is continually manipulating people, who seem confused by the blizzard of data and thus rely merely on headlines to support whatever emotional position they may be inclined towards.)

LOL : http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=167051

"Daily Express Front Page - a true arsewipe of a paper"

It is funny to read the thread, and see the clumsy way in which posters on HPC fumble about with the data - while not wanting to believe it. They seem incapable of working out the monthly average change (+0.43%), and seeing how pathetic it is. They also do not seem to realise that Rightmove's data is the most recent - it is based on asking prices, and therefore can be somewhat forward looking at a downwards inflection point. (I reckon that big cuts in "asking" price are a pretty good indicator of a market headed lower.)

Someday someone here may be to benefit by selling property to a HPC flumbler, who thinks prices are still rising, simply because they haven't taken the time to understand the data presented in their tabloid newspapers.

CRASH CRUISE SPEED - A concept introduced by yours truly to suggest how a crash would really look

Here's how it subsequently happened after the 2006-US and 2007-UK peaks:

"Crash Cruise speed" in the UK ................................... : "Crash Cruise speed" in the US .............

CrashUK.jpgCrashUS.jpg

UK prices are -20.5% from peak (Nationwide) ............ : US prices are -28.0% (Case-Schiller) /Feb.2009

Pds.147,746 / Pds.186,044 = -20.5% in 17 mos........ : $150.66 / $206.52 = -28.0% in 30 mos.

Many of those who bought during the "Winner's Curse period" (the last two years or so leading into the peak) are now into negative equity. Defaults are rising, and bank balance sheets are being undermined.

Despite the efforts of the HPC mods to stamp out all forms of subtle thought,

The Concept is still alive and well on HPC, and has resurfaced this month:

(1)

ElPapasito

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:37 PM

In response to: SarahBell's :

Reckon they're going to let it all fall down within 6 months tops.

(Let = ok so they won't have a choice)

So will house prices fall siginicantly by then or will it be like driving off the edge of a cliff rather than down a steep hill?

UNQUOTE

Like last time, house price crash cruise speed of 1.5% down per month and after 10 months - BOOM - banks meltdown triggered

/see: http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=166896

(2)

Si1

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:32 AM

crudely citing myself and inferring others' statements from 2009 and 2010, we said crash cruise speed could be as low as 1.5% per year nominal if it took until 2020, or as high as 5.5% if it took to c. 2015, this is my minimum estimate and Extradry Martini's maximum

and we are on roughly 3% p.a. crash cruise speed as at 2011, right now, our estimates were pretty good heh so far!

/see: http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=166211

• 4 weeks later...

(I found this old post - which for some odd reason was not deleted on HPC):

Posted 21 October 2005 -

Personally, I think Dr Bubb's post are priceless. I've paid good money

in the past for advice from so called experts, only to have been let

down. Although I don't participate much in Dr Bubb's financial posts as

I feel slightly out of my depth, I find them most informative and follow

with great interest. Please keep them coming Dr Bubb.

/see: http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=17751&st=15

• 1 month later...

JUST ONE YEAR AGO, I was banned on HPC.

Since then...

COMPARISON == : ( HPC ) / ( GEI )

Alexa Traffic Rank : 21,725 : 296,911

Traffic Rank in GB : ==753 : =30,077

Sites Linking In .. : ==318 : === 53

HPC has 138 Reviews (ave. 3.5 stars) : http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/housepricecrash.co.uk#

COMPARISON == : ( HPC ) / ( GEI )

Alexa Traffic Rank : 27,303 : 186,889

Traffic Rank in GB : ==909 : = 9,150

Sites Linking In .. : ==456 : === 83

HPC has 138 Reviews (ave. 3.5 stars)

GEI has 003 Reviews (ave. 5.0 stars)

GEI is gaining on HPC, if only slowly, as HPC fades a bit

THANKS FOR THE POSTS, everyone !

Happy Anniversary Bubb :D

How are you celebrating? By considering buying UK property I see :o

It does seem much longer than a year. How the mind plays tricks.

Happy Anniversary Bubb :D

How are you celebrating? By considering buying UK property I see :o

It does seem much longer than a year. How the mind plays tricks.

Actually, that looks rather unlikely now.

I like to keep my evaluation process going, even when it might mean losing a 1,000 GBP deposit.

Thanks for the words.

(Look out for DocWho you know where.)

Archived