Commander T's Diary

http://www.ifaonline.co.uk/ifaonline/news/2300721/woodford-to-exit-invesco-next-april

Neil Woodford is to leave Invesco Perpetual next April and set up his own businessicon1.png, the group has announced.

The UK's best known fund manager, Woodford has massed an army of loyal investors over the last decade.

Over the last five years he has returned 67.1% and 66.3% for investors across his High Income and Income funds, versus a sector average of 63.9%.

---

Maybe I have a chance of applying for the role? Maybe not...

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up again. Royal Mail closed at 489p - all eyes on 500p. Royal Mail appears to be ignoring the market volatility.

VIX index upto 17.26 - but the markets (Sp500, VT world index) are inching higher too rather than retreating. I've not experienced an upside volatility move? Is this something new? I think it is still wise to be cautious rather than try something risky. We all know that the debt ceiling will be resolved....?! Don't we?!

"VIX index upto 17.26 - but the markets (Sp500, VT world index) are inching higher too rather than retreating."

I take that as bearish - Some people will not Buy without (options) protection

"exciting changes to Lotto:. Lotto will cost £2"

That sounds like a DEPRESSING Change - what corporate weasel words !

LOL

Mark Carneys Speech in full :

More fundamentally, such engagement would be timely because globalisation itself is under siege.
Cross-border capital flows have fallen sharply since the crisis. Multilateral trade liberalisation has stalled, to the detriment of global prosperity

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/publications/Documents/speeches/2013/speech690.pdf

BoE to offer cheap finance to lenders in times of crisis as Mark Carney calls for an end to banker bashing

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-2475832/BoE-offer-cheap-finance-lenders-times-crisis-Mark-Carney-calls-end-banker-bashing.html

---

Global Race

Listen carefully to Cameron's narrative about the 'global race' and you will realize that it's core assumptions are that the wages, working conditions and living standards of the majority must be sacrificed so that the wealth of the minority at the top can be preserved- that is the aspiration that the Tory party has for the people it governs.

The truth is the party of 'the strivers' and 'free markets' is in fact nothing of the sort- if it were it would not be screwing over those who saved for a house by handing taxpayer money to those who didn't- 'Help to buy' is a rentier charter, designed to protect the property wealth of the Buy To Let landlords and the banks and the house builders.

The role of the great unwashed in this vision is that of a slave- because all empires require slaves to sustain them and an empire built on debt requires debt slaves to sustain it.

Cameron's 'global race' is a race toward poverty, not prosperity- in this race the only winners will be the rentier class who capture all the gain while feeling none of the pain.

---

They want more "trickle down". Give the top enormous amounts of capital, so it can "trickle down". <_<

I have released a new Youtube channel as a learning exercise and experiment. It is video game orientated with a bit of cooking as well. I have learned a lot since these videos. Maybe it will be popular as PewDiePie or TheFine Bros, that I mentioned further up this diary, who knows (?) I may release some trend following videos later as I pick up some more skills with video editing etc.

The Channel is here;

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnjkNjClOsFfswQuDmsOXGg/videos

SADNESS

I discovered that I didn't get the job that I wanted involving a big IT project and it would have made a refreshing career change. It was my first interview in over a decade. Although the interview seemed to go well and it seems I might have been close to getting it. Oh well learn from the experience - and when the days get darker, it's time to LAFF!

Weight Watchers shares fall 19% on profit warning

Weight Watchers celebrated its 50th anniversary earlier this year

Shares in the weight-loss giant Weight Watchers dropped by 19% on Friday after the company warned it was losing customers to free apps and other electronic slimming aids.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-23556277

So how does the chart look?

WTW.PNG

It looks weak - a new two year low made today (well the NYSE still has a few hours to go), below $40. So this could be a sell here at $38 (ideally I want it past under $37), and have a stop back in that range above $40 (maybe $42) a potential pivotal point round number, targeting $34 and below.

BUT DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH!

wtw.PNG

DOWN 19% in one day (weird that the profits are down 19% too)

$37 has become $32. My only short trade is in double digit profit! Now I need it to clear the $30 area, "raising" (is that what you might call it?) my stop down to $32 once it passes $27.

This is not investment or trading advice. Do you own research!

---

Expanding from C.Calculus point in Dr Bubbs September Diary; LINK

Dryships, DRYS, is showing life; which appears to track the Baltic Dry Index, (comment in 2012).

If it can close above $4, that will mean a new 2 year high has been set and that would be a buy signal (no guarantees of course). If it can then clear $10 after that, then really, it is showtime!

Thus the market is telling us that the global trade recession might be ending.

dryships.PNG

^ DRYS; Price Action now; check out that much larger volume in trading than that false rise in February 2012.

dryships2.PNG

^Historic Dryships chart. 20 bagger from here?

Those patiently sittin' rather than thinkin', might have to wait no more. It has been a long wait too.

UPDATE. IT NEVER CLEARED $4!

It is now at $2.74.

No economic trade recovery this time around...! Keep your (dry bulk) powder dry as they say.

I thought this was interesting, although with my history in searching about conspiracy theories in my web history, probably, blacklists me......

brand.gif

Could you work for the Majesty's Secret Service? Test your skills - this is from the Mi6 website itself!

https://www.sis.gov.uk/careers/roles/intelligence-officer/test-your-skills.html

---

Edit,

On my first go I scored 7 out of 8.

Maybe.....?!

"You might (and it is only a might at this stage) have some of the skills we need. Maybe you'd like to apply."

Maybe they offer a work from home role......I wouldn't fancy the commute to London each day. Otherwise perhaps they have a secret special underground tunnel for us. Southampton to London in 10 minutes?

gadget095.jpg

^From The Living Daylights.

Hmm Does James Bond have trouble with high London House prices or are they paid enough to a second home in London?

I kind of left the illuminati stuff for a while thinking I knew pretty much there is all to know and concentrating on trades and youtube channel development. But there always appears to be something cropping up. Not heard of Benjamin Fulford? I hadn't taken an interest - have you? Meet the surreal.

http://reversespeech.com/reversal/the-warnings-of-benjamin-fulford/

Introduction

Benjamin Fulford, 46, is a Tokyo based journalist who appeared on the Jeff Rense Program, July 5th 2007, making some very radical claims. According to Fulford, a Chinese secret society with 6 million members, including 1.8 million Asian gangsters and 100,000 professional assassins, have targeted Illuminati members if they proceed with world depopulation plans. They contacted Fulford, a Canadian ex pat, after he warned that the Illuminati plan to reduce the Asian population to just 500 million by means of race-specific biological weapons. Essentially, this secret society, with Fulford as their spokesperson, is taking on the Illuminati!

There is a 3 hour podcast at the link.

The old junior silver play on the AIM market, Arian Silver LSE:AGQ is making new 2yr lows sub 40p (it has had a re consolidation of the shares).

This one could fall lower from 36p. I think we could see 27p before 42p+ to test the all time lows, which is as close as to the bottom as you can get.

agq.PNG

There is a Ben Fulford thread in the Fringe Section:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=11307&page=1

Over 7,000 Hits !

Introduction

Benjamin Fulford, 46, is a Tokyo based journalist who appeared on the Jeff Rense Program, July 5th 2007, making some very radical claims. According to Fulford, a Chinese secret society with 6 million members, including 1.8 million Asian gangsters and 100,000 professional assassins, have targeted Illuminati members if they proceed with world depopulation plans. They contacted Fulford, a Canadian ex pat, after he warned that the Illuminati plan to reduce the Asian population to just 500 million by means of race-specific biological weapons. Essentially, this secret society, with Fulford as their spokesperson, is taking on the Illuminati!

There is a 3 hour podcast at the link.

Wow thanks. That is a *HOT* thread with 67 pages already in under a month! Perhaps I should look at producing more content material to do with the illuminati! (and shelve the trend following presentation for now) It's a Hot topic - but I don't want black helicopters descending on my house.....

Where Jim Rogers Is Investing Now

Oct 13th 2013

http://online.barrons.com/article/SB50001424053111903320604579115481762256534.html#articleTabs_article%3D1

Can't such policies go on for a while? After all, we still don't have inflation…

According to the U.S. government! But you must buy some things: insurance, food, even paper. The price of nearly everything is going up. We have inflation in India, China, Norway, Australia—everywhere but the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

I'm telling you they're lying. Go to a restaurant in New York, or a grocery store, and tell me that there's no inflation. [Rogers starts tapping on his laptop]. Look here: In 2001, it cost $9 to go to the top of the Empire State Building. Now it's $27 to go to the 86th floor, $44 to go to the top, and $67 to go express. The Museum of Modern Art in 2001 was $10, now it's $25. A cab from Kennedy airport to Manhattan in 2001 was $30 plus tolls. Now it starts at $52.

The old junior silver play on the AIM market, Arian Silver LSE:AGQ is making new 2yr lows sub 40p (it has had a re consolidation of the shares).

This one could fall lower from 36p. I think we could see 27p before 42p+ to test the all time lows, which is as close as to the bottom as you can get.

agq.PNG

Target hit already, now at 26p in less than a week.

Nice work if one could get these kinds of movements everyday, I could pack in the day job.

What one could do is to "raise" the stop to 32p as the major round number at 30 (a potential pivotal point) is cleared, and pyramid the position, and look at the next big round number of 20, and target 17p.

DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH.

Archived