Peak Oil Investment

Hi all, I'm a believer in peak oil and I wondered where people are investing to hedge against the impact of this in real life? I've got investments in the oil majors, but I'm not sure if I have the right ones and I wondered if there are clever places to invest.

Hi all, I'm a believer in peak oil and I wondered where people are investing to hedge against the impact of this in real life? I've got investments in the oil majors, but I'm not sure if I have the right ones and I wondered if there are clever places to invest.

I have a different take on it all, that I am gradually (too slowly for my liking) putting into action.

Certainly I am making 'hedged' investments such as a few oil co's. Personally I 'like' Chevron and Total out of the easily available majors.

I'm far from an expert on this. By my inexperienced eye these two seem to squeeze alot of bang out of each buck. But hey D.Y.O.R.

I'm also investing in some fixed-yield, relatively high return bioenergy and biofuel plantations and the like. These are land-lease style, ring-fence insured etc. Biofuel oil from waste-ground etc oil crop plants may fill some of the shortfall as conventional oil becomes a less available option.

Also I am endeavouring to evolve the way I live in small steps to be (hopefully) more in tune with a future subject to change.

Productive Land, living closer to where I work and vice versa.

I've begun an online business that deals with some of these issues. This is an emailer, followed up with ongoing free reports and then eventually some commercial info products along the same lines.

I'm also developing (very early stages) a couple of businesses that directly address two of the major offshoot issues of the peak oil situation.

1) Fertiliser - I have an idea that I am researching in this regard. Namely an alternative means of producing fertiliser. As (potentially) fossil fuel and potash based fertilisers will be in limited supply, other alternatives will have to be developed...

2) Prepared Homes - Again, in the early stages

Good Luck.

Archived